PDA

View Full Version : Code of conduct.

slappedsilly
02-28-2007, 06:53 PM
You know I don't have my own server. I play and have donated to the ones I like. I would just like to remind those who run them that they have a special place in the flight sim world. They can make a new simmer have a good experience or a bad one. I realize that it is YOUR server and you can do with it what you will. But if you turn off more people than you encourage, you are killing the very thing you love. I have been banned from one server (for life apperently) for trying out the MK-108 (monkey with a gun, i'll admitt) but no warning or anything. I was recently kicked from one for taking off on the tarmac. Killing the sim you love, is no "Code of conduct". I've been playing offline since 2001. I started playing online about 1 year ago, and I'm here to tell you, the way some servers are being run will not help the future of simming!! Typing in a warning, or something shouldn't be too difficult if you would like to encourage rather than discourage. I play fair, have never cheated or tried to cheat in any video game, and I hate kill stealers (but only after they are warned), and this is my opinion.

K_Freddie
03-01-2007, 02:16 AM
Don't worry about SS http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. You find that there are many 'immaturely run' servers and more maturely run ones. If I was you, don't visit this type of server, and find ones that are more fun to play on.
Here you'll find the people who view life without blinkers on http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Fork-N-spoon
03-01-2007, 03:06 AM
The most fun I've had in this game was while playing in my own servers. I had absolutely no rules and one stipulation. The stipulation was that if I saw you swimming in the ground for more than ten seconds, I booted you.

I ran servers like this for about a year. I don't remember too many arguments, but that's not to say it was problem free. You see as soon as my squadmates showed up, the problems began... Kick this person for that, kick that person for this, etc. I truly hated when my squadmates showed up. There were those too that were "proper" chivalristic people that didn't like the mayhem... They complained too. Once all the proper blokes left, the rest of us had a blast!

Jaws2002
03-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by slappedsilly:
You know I don't have my own server. I play and have donated to the ones I like. I would just like to remind those who run them that they have a special place in the flight sim world. They can make a new simmer have a good experience or a bad one. I realize that it is YOUR server and you can do with it what you will. But if you turn off more people than you encourage, you are killing the very thing you love. I have been banned from one server (for life apperently) for trying out the MK-108 (monkey with a gun, i'll admitt) but no warning or anything. I was recently kicked from one for taking off on the tarmac. Killing the sim you love, is no "Code of conduct". I've been playing offline since 2001. I started playing online about 1 year ago, and I'm here to tell you, the way some servers are being run will not help the future of simming!! Typing in a warning, or something shouldn't be too difficult if you would like to encourage rather than discourage. I play fair, have never cheated or tried to cheat in any video game, and I hate kill stealers (but only after they are warned), and this is my opinion.

You experienced the Autokick. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
There are few good servers out there that use a third party program ( don't ask me how is called http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif) that keeps stats, and restricts/limits some loadouts, so the mission can use a historical plane for that time and place, without using some un historical loadouts.
A great example is the BF-110 that was used extensively before the Mk-108's were introduced. This is what the autokick does. Prevents you from using a weapon that is not historical for that mission.
If you type "<planes" in the chat, the server will tell you what planes or loadouts are limited or forbidden. After those planes are gone if you use them you get warning points. after a certain number of warning points you get autokicked.

Is a great tool to make historical missions.

slappedsilly
03-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Jaws2002,

An auto-ban maybe, the server I got banned from was where I was using the mk-108. A friendly got between me and target and went boom! Oops! The other server I got kicked from I was in a spit. I just took off on the tarmac. There was a large twin engine something blocking the way to the runway (best I could tell) I didn't know it was against the rules. But in neither did I get any warning or anything. I read these forums for several years so I know a little about how things go. But Imagine a true new person going through the same thing. I just can't see how that can help our numbers. I see many servers warn people and explain things, and most of the time the person just didn't know. Others just kick or ban. I see the numbers of online on hyperlobby and I'm shocked how low they are (considering it is international.

slappedsilly
03-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by slappedsilly:
Jaws2002,

An auto-ban maybe, the server I got banned from was where I was using the mk-108. A friendly got between me and target and went boom! Oops! The other server I got kicked from I was in a spit. I just took off on the tarmac. There was a large twin engine something blocking the way to the runway (best I could tell) I didn't know it was against the rules. But in neither did I get any warning or anything. I read these forums for several years so I know a little about how things go. But Imagine a true new person going through the same thing. I just can't see how that can help our numbers. I see many servers warn people and explain things, and most of the time the person just didn't know. Others just kick or ban. I see the numbers of online on hyperlobby and I'm shocked how low they are (considering it is international).