PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Campaign Front Movement

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 03:52 PM
Can anyone point me to an explanation of what, exactly, the small affect of your squadron's actions on the movement of the front is?

I'm curious because even a stretch of very successful Luftwaffe ground attack missions on the Red Army, which results in swarms of German tanks platoons, road columns, trains, and etc facing next to nothing, accomplishes nothing. I've watched Wehrmacht columns come up to the front, shoot at nothing (there were no defenders, and no one shot back), and refuse to advance...it gets discouraging.

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 03:52 PM
Can anyone point me to an explanation of what, exactly, the small affect of your squadron's actions on the movement of the front is?

I'm curious because even a stretch of very successful Luftwaffe ground attack missions on the Red Army, which results in swarms of German tanks platoons, road columns, trains, and etc facing next to nothing, accomplishes nothing. I've watched Wehrmacht columns come up to the front, shoot at nothing (there were no defenders, and no one shot back), and refuse to advance...it gets discouraging.

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 04:56 PM
IIRC, you can't change the outcome of the war, but you can speed up/slow down it's progress to some degree. ie: if your at the beginning of the war (when Russians are losing) and you do well on your missions for the VVS, you may slow down the progress of the Germans into your territory. The progress itself, however, is historical - you can change how fast it happens, but not whether or not it will happen.