PDA

View Full Version : Amagawd. Unarmed combat is awesome!

Silhouelle
11-24-2009, 05:49 PM
So I played through the game, start to finish, using the dagger, hidden blades and disarming people mostly. Woefully unaware that Ezio has a few killer (literally) animations when fighting unarmed against armed guards! There I was, messing about in Tuscany with the city guards, punching them and dodging their sword swings. Suddenly theres a flurry of punches to my targeted guard, then he gets sweeped off his feet to land in a heap on the ground!

I was thrilled! So I then proceeded to hunt guards all throughout the city to repeat this if able, and I've come to adore this weirdly stupid/honourable way of fighting without arms. The animations are awesome as well! Methinks my third playthrough will be playing only unarmed, with some hidden blade kills...

...but erm, anyhoo, did anyone else know about these kills? I just assumed the only unarmed 'kills' where the ones you do when countering equally unarmed enemies. Pleasantly surprised I am! ^^;

TooLazy4Name
11-24-2009, 06:00 PM
FINALLY! another fist enthusiast! i love doing the same thing. theres a few combo KO's i know about (there not kills, he just incapacitates them) he punches them in the gut and body slams them, he, as you said, punches their shoulder and sweeps them off their feet, he punches their...privates and then punches their face, or he knees them twice in the face. he can also, if behind a enemy whos fighting a ally, if the enemy is low enough on HP, punch them in the back and crack their neck or throw them to the ground and gears of war style curb stomp them. the only problem is guards are to prone to counter attacking fist unless you dodge, and combo killing is annoying because of how they keep countering, and its impossible to get a going combo.

Silhouelle
11-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Yes, I noticed about how they counter alot - I'm playing on my second profile atm, so I'm assuming now that the metal cetus... or however its spelt, reduces how often they counter you/how much damage you do. I'll have to play my finished profile where I have the glove, and see if it makes a difference.

The neck snapping one was awesome, I laughed with sadistic glee upon seeing it... ahem. :x

TooLazy4Name
11-24-2009, 06:10 PM
same here (about the neck snapping) but the metal cestus just increases punch speed, nothing else....which sucks. i want some frikkin spiked knuckles ^.^. PS. you know how to throw sand right?

m3rcer
11-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Once I learned how to disarm, unarmed combat became second nature. I say, taking away the spear, sweeping the enemies off their feet and kicking them on the ground is quite satisfying.

TooLazy4Name
11-24-2009, 06:16 PM
ah, so someone who knows how to sweep. it took me a while to figure out how to do it, had to train at the villa.

Silhouelle
11-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Aye, I know how to throw sand. Can't say I use it much though. Perhaps that'll change now though, given I'll be unarmed much more, and not to simply disarm folks. >http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TooLazy4Name
11-24-2009, 06:25 PM
sorry if im sounding like a know-it-all, but incase you dont know, using it on the extreme lower level guards allows you to finish them with one of the cool attack combos instantly. also works on higher up enemies who are low on hp. only problem is, enemies tend to stop you before you can use it.

m3rcer
11-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by tolazy4name1:
ah, so someone who knows how to sweep. it took me a while to figure out how to do it, had to train at the villa.

I haven't gotten the trophy/achievement for sweeping 5 yet. The best so far is four, but like my temp sig says...

Coolgerb
11-24-2009, 06:40 PM
I hardly manage sweeps / sandthrowing, as I ALWAYS get hit the moment I start building it up http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

TooLazy4Name
11-24-2009, 06:41 PM
i got that trophy by going to the place you have to fly to in the flying machine, alerting all the guards (4 brutes, a patrol group with a seeker, another patrol group with another seeker, and some low level foot soldiers) and then just hope for a lucky sweep.

TooLazy4Name
11-24-2009, 06:42 PM
you mean you get in a hit and continue comboing? kudos to you for doing that, because i cant.