PDA

View Full Version : Accurate miniatures 1/48 il2 kit

scottmal1
12-09-2004, 08:03 AM
Hi,im off work at the mo and thought i would dust off the old airbrush and do a model, as i spend too much time on my p.c and its affecting my eyesight! As i love the shape of the il2 i did some googling and ended up with 2, 1/72 scales off 'ebay' one is a 'toko' and the other is a 'smer' Then i found out that you can get a 1/48 scale il2, its made by a firm called 'accurate miniatures' and i think they are in the far east. I am in the UK and i cannot find any model shops here that stock it. Does anyone here know of any in the uk, or perhaps a model shop that will happily mail order, i found one in Italy but they have no secure server so i cannot purchase it online, and i'm not keen to start arsing about with money orders etc etc, cheers.

CWH1089
12-09-2004, 08:31 AM
there is a website called "internethobbies.com".
they have every model brand you can think of. i don't know how ordering works, but you should try searching the website for the model you want. hope this helps.

Gooner01
12-09-2004, 08:54 AM
Scottmal, I recently built one of Accurate's 1/48 IL-2 kits (single seater). I got it from internet hobbies with no trouble. (I'm in the US).Excellent kit, takes some work but results in an excellent model. I did get some after-market IL-2 decal sheets to go with it...

S! Gooner

Control_Damage
12-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Hi scottmal1,

If you're in the UK then try www.hannants.co.uk (http://www.hannants.co.uk). I had a quick look at their site and they do have the various accurate miniatures Sturmoviks listed.

Regards,

Control_Damage.

scottmal1
12-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Cheers for the replies,went on 'internet hobbies' web site, could'nt see 'accurate miniatures' listed so i did a search, and it comes up with 'cannot find page'

scottmal1
12-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Cheers, Control_Damage, i dont know what i am doing wrong? the first thing i did was try 'hannants'( about a week ago)and got nowhere, after your reply i've just tryed again using their search engine and it's still coming up with nothing, perhaps i should phone them.

3.JG51_BigBear
12-09-2004, 10:26 AM
How I loath accurate miniature models. If you can find an Il2 made by anyone else jump on it. I built an I-152 from accurate miniatures and I thought I was going to lose my mind. Nothing fits, nothing lines up, half the pieces were warped and when I was done there was more filler than plastic in the model. I have not one, not two but three of the accurate miniature Il2s in various forms. Unfortunately I'm not in the UK. I would give you the model for free if you want to pay shipping but it might take time to get to you.

ELEM
12-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Here's the link to the Hannants site. Both the single and 2 seat IL-2 are in stock. I have had both for about 12 years. They are the best examples of the a/c ever made. Expensive but worth it.

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?CATEGORY=0&DIVISION=0&MANUFACTURER=Accurate+Miniatures&CODE=&TYPE=Aircraft&SCALE=&KEYWORD=&NUMPERPAGE=25&order%5B%5D=arrived+desc&order%5B%5D=code+asch it. Enjoy them.

scottmal1
12-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Cheers, just phoned hannants,cant do an order over the phone!!??, gave me a part number, used it in my search, and bingo! what a bloody palava! thanks for your help, wife can buy me it for xmas (better than cheesy socks from bhs!)

pielkop
12-09-2004, 12:41 PM
To 3.JG51_bigbear .I might be interested in those Il2 models that you have .What models are they meaning Il2T etc etc and i take it they are 1/48 i have been looking for a Il2 model for the longest time .I am in the U.S if you are aswell let me know and we can talk further .Cheers

3.JG51_BigBear
12-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Check your PMs

Platypus_1.JaVA
12-09-2004, 01:39 PM
http://www.accurate-miniatures.com/

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I got their one-seat Il-2 in winter cammo on my shelf. I currently have their B-25 C/D in progress, with aftermarket decals for a Dutch example.

horseback
12-09-2004, 02:20 PM
I've made a number of Accurate Miniatures kits, and I always thought of them as the ultimate in accuracy and fit among US manufacturers (they were originally based out of Charleston).

As far as I know, they didn't make an I-152-the only one I'm aware of was done by Classic Airframes, and a lot of that company's stuff is limited release level, which is more demanding of the builder than a Tamigawa type kit.

AM also make a nice YaK-1 and YaK-1b in 1/48th, if you're in the mood.

cheers

horseback

PBNA-Boosher
12-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Accurate Minis also has a great Yak-1 kit in 1/48.