PDA

View Full Version : Can we have this sometime

eleanori
11-07-2004, 04:38 AM
Can we have the aircraft landing on a carrier taxi clear of the wire, maybe to a elevator forward before they dissappear? I thought it may look more like the real deal as we can't have a working elevator, at least at the moment.

Can we at least have a little guy modelled standing at the LSO platform to breakup the I'm landing on a deserted ship feeling.

Could not be to hard to do and wouldn't effect frame rates at all.

Just a thought. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Blottogg
11-07-2004, 06:27 AM
eleanori, I don't know about your suggestions, but you can at least get rid of a little of that ghost ship feeling with AAA gunners. From the ReadMe:

3d models of humans

PF includes 3d models of human gunners manning most of our guns on ground and sea objects, such as ship and land-based flak and artillery guns, drivers and other troops inside trucks and amphibious assault vehicles, etc. However these objects cause a decrease in game's frames per second when shown, especially when related to large ships such as aircraft carrier which can have a hundred or more of these gunners in close proximity.

Therefore we've made this feature turned off by default.

If you wish to turn it on, you'll need to open the conf.ini file inside your game's root directory with notepad, locate the
[game]
section, and insert the following line there:
3dgunners=1
If the line already exists and you wish to turn the feature off, replace the 1 with a 0, i.e
3dgunners=0

Some folks are reporting a frames-per-second hit with the gunners enabled, but it hasn't affected my fps noticeably.

actionhank1786
11-07-2004, 10:40 AM
I'm wondering how big of a hit are we talking here?
Could someone by chance run the game with and without and see?
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

eleanori
11-11-2004, 06:43 PM
Yes I'm running with the gunners, but I mean just add the LSO, and maybe the guy with the chalk board to the same code to get some deck crew as well.

I still think the taxi forward thing is do able.

Snootles
11-11-2004, 10:07 PM
You should be able to press a key when on-deck and folded up that would have an "autopilot" simulate being towed to the nearest elevator. Then your plane would disappear, representing it being stowed belowdecks. With that would be the option to enable collisions with chocks on, now that pilots would effectively be able to clear the decks.

A bit of relatively simple programming.

TPN_Cephas
11-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Personally I have not really notice any fps difference with the gunners.

A64 3000 laptop with integrated Radeon9600
1.25 gigs ram
800x600x32
Perfect water 4xAA Trilinear filtering