PDA

View Full Version : Ammo belts and real time custom armament/plane sets

jimDG
01-13-2006, 06:36 AM
Right, now that I have played this for quite some time online I really really would like to see the following 2 things in BoB:

1) Custom ammo belting.
For example: I'd like to have NO tracer (to not alert the target it's been shot at - a real life WW2 tactic). I would also like to offset the guns belting when using AP-AP- I- HE. As things are right now a short burst produces Ap-Ap-I-HE from ALL the guns at the same time. I'd like one gun to do Ap-Ap-I-HE and the other one I-He-Ap-AP - which is the same combination, but guns now do AP-I, HE-AP, I-AP, AP-HE during a short burst.
In real life guns begin the same, but slowly drift away from each other, in consequitive bursts (due to slightly different ROF). In IL2 (desync-ed) guns drift away during long bursts, but the next burst they still begin at the same point.

2) Scripting ability to change planesets/ ordinance availability on an online map in real time, using triggers such as individual players score, total team score, a specific target destruction, etc.
This allows the scripting of individual player or team rewards in the from of better a/c and/or better ordinance available for a player at a base or for the whole team.
(in other words - allows for acrade-like/CounterStrike-like servers that reward teamwork between team members)

jimDG
01-13-2006, 06:36 AM
Right, now that I have played this for quite some time online I really really would like to see the following 2 things in BoB:

1) Custom ammo belting.
For example: I'd like to have NO tracer (to not alert the target it's been shot at - a real life WW2 tactic). I would also like to offset the guns belting when using AP-AP- I- HE. As things are right now a short burst produces Ap-Ap-I-HE from ALL the guns at the same time. I'd like one gun to do Ap-Ap-I-HE and the other one I-He-Ap-AP - which is the same combination, but guns now do AP-I, HE-AP, I-AP, AP-HE during a short burst.
In real life guns begin the same, but slowly drift away from each other, in consequitive bursts (due to slightly different ROF). In IL2 (desync-ed) guns drift away during long bursts, but the next burst they still begin at the same point.

2) Scripting ability to change planesets/ ordinance availability on an online map in real time, using triggers such as individual players score, total team score, a specific target destruction, etc.
This allows the scripting of individual player or team rewards in the from of better a/c and/or better ordinance available for a player at a base or for the whole team.
(in other words - allows for acrade-like/CounterStrike-like servers that reward teamwork between team members)

Sturm_Williger
01-13-2006, 08:10 AM
Oleg said long ago ( during the 151/20 war ) that user-loadouts would be possible in BoB. Whether that will go so far as to allow different gun loadout, who knows ?

As for your second point - Oleg's been hammered a lot on shortcomings/limitations of Mission Building and triggers and so forth. Expect much improvement when BoB comes out. eg. limiting plane numbers so that 1 or 2 Me262's can be available on a map ( why they're banned on many servers, I don't know - they're historical AND we DO have a refly button ) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Choctaw111
01-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Been asking for point #1 for years. I would love to load my own guns with whatever ammo I choose (as long as it is available).

crazyivan1970
01-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Please add all your wishes to this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/2571024123