PDA

View Full Version : OT: Will my lurker card be revoked if...

DxyFlyr
06-07-2005, 12:19 AM
...my post count reaches 3 digits?

Well, let's see... that comes to under 3 posts a month. I think I'm still ok.

I need all the help I can get to convince the wife I'm not obsessed with this sim.

DxyFlyr
06-07-2005, 12:19 AM

I need all the help I can get to convince the wife I'm not obsessed with this sim.

madsarmy
06-07-2005, 12:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DxyFlyr:
I need all the help I can get to convince the wife I'm not obsessed with this sim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just make sure your wife does not find your stash of Aviation magazines you have hidden in the garage. Cover your track's by hidding girlie mags under your bedhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VV_Holdenb
06-07-2005, 02:21 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Classic - wot Madsarmy said.

Monson74
06-07-2005, 03:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DxyFlyr:

I need all the help I can get to convince the wife I'm not obsessed with this sim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could take up drinking - she'll never notice then http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

DxyFlyr
06-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Oh well, surely she will never notice my exorbitant post count. I can't even imagine the likelyhood of her poking her head in a Combat sim forum anyway.

Hmmm. So far, the collective wisdom of this board has suggested taking up drinking and buying girlie magazines.

To think... all these months of quiet consistant perusal-- picking up valuable tidbits of information here and there, and still; I can't come up with such clevor solutions myself. Just goes to show you the value of this community.

Mags and liquor seem to both fall under the "Diversionary Tactic" category. This could quickly get complicated.

As I'm aware my dilemma is shared by a lot of folks in this community, I'm thinking someone needs to write a tutorial on this topic. Maybe with charts and diagrams. Call it "Keeping the Spouse at Bay" or something like that. Well, maybe something less conspicuous. How about, "Keeping your sim obsession in the closet"? No, that's not quite right either. Whatever it's called, it could be uploaded at Airwarfare.com for easy access.

It just occured to me that it may have already been written. Due to the hush-hush nature of this tutorial, maybe it's out there and I'm just not in the loop. Some password or secret society I'm not privy to.

Someone could PM me with the scoop. I won't tell anyone. Yea, that's it.

----------------------------------

Ok, forget I said anything. This post never happened.

Go along now.

Nothing to see here.

GreyBeast
06-07-2005, 04:04 PM
...well, at least you use fancy wording to push your post count. Eloquent, concise, witty...

I just pop up and dump some garbage on your doorsteps, now how's that?