PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Brutus Armor disliked?

oOSyncOo
08-04-2011, 07:06 PM
I recently played through assassins creed brotherhood again, please can somebody tell me why noone likes this armor I love it!
It blends you in with the crowds I like this becouse when the sun is shining on you it just looks like a white glow running through the city.
Plus he looks more mentor-ish (I mean more powerfull and superior)

Animuses
08-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by oOSyncOo:
It blends you in with the crowds I like this becouse when the sun is shining on you it just looks like a white glow running through the city.

...this is a joke, right?

Grazel69
08-04-2011, 07:10 PM
1. you can't change the colour of it
2. looks too bulky
3. it has a dead possum on it!

oOSyncOo
08-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oOSyncOo:

...this is a joke, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I mean with your white robes you stand out like and I think it looks kinda stupid becouse no one else dresses like that!

albertwesker22
08-04-2011, 07:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oOSyncOo:

To you, your armour, to me mine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

oOSyncOo
08-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Grazel69:
1. you can't change the colour of it
2. looks too bulky
3. it has a dead possum on it!
Which makes it realistic!

Animuses
08-04-2011, 07:16 PM
The Armor of Brutus stands out so much that Ezio screaming, "SALVE ROMA. I AM AN ASSASSIN!" will be more discreet.

oOSyncOo
08-04-2011, 07:19 PM
The Armor of Brutus stands out so much that Ezio screaming, "SALUTE ROMA. I AM AN ASSASSIN!" will be more discreet.
you know it doesnt

NewBlade200
08-04-2011, 07:19 PM
It makes you look big, slow, and brutish. That is a completely un-assassin combination. It appears to have ancient artifacts stuck on random places, more fur than a pack of wolves so you cook when the sun comes out. And on top of that when you run Ezio sticks his legs through that ******* skirt they needed to put in for whatever reason.

So, to put it in an understandable way:
Un-assassinish,

Skirt,
Weird statues of animals on it,
Skirt,
Unnecessary and possibly compromising fur,
Skirt clipping,
Skirt.

xCr0wnedNorris
08-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
It makes you look big, slow, and brutish.

The Armor of Brutus is brutish? How unexpected!

Mic_92
08-04-2011, 07:53 PM
It's probably one of the ugliest armor I've seen in a game.

Ezio looks like a bouffon with it.

Grazel69
08-04-2011, 09:02 PM
The right question would be: why is the armor of Brutus liked by even a single person?
And wtf you mean with it blends you in with the crowd
I've never seen any person in any AC game or game from roughly the same time period wearing even remotely something which would resemble the armor of Brutus

It stands out way more than anything else
you're better of wearing the Raiden skin

nickfern19
08-04-2011, 09:15 PM

Obviously you blend in with the crowd easier because it makes you look like a butcher! The robe is so blood red that killing guards makes no difference whatsoever!

Guard: "Why are your clothes so bloody?"
Ezio: "I was making meatballs."

kalo.yanis
08-05-2011, 05:04 AM
Obviously you blend in with the crowd easier because it makes you look like a butcher! The robe is so blood red that killing guards makes no difference whatsoever!

Guard: "Why are your clothes so bloody?"
Ezio: "I was making meatballs."

This. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

swiftkinfe
08-05-2011, 06:38 AM
His Ac2 robes might've worked in Rome.Remember how in the books he would dye his cloths to blend in better?Somehow I think Red assassin robes might work to blend in with the Borgia and the cape doesn't hurt to add.

Brutus....The fur kills it for me. A small amount I cold deal with like Ezio's new outfit.But I'm pretty sure we shouldn't have gotten the full pelt on our necks!IT should've looked closer to the concept art version with little to no fur.And I might like it more but having to replay most missions with it on after receiving it is a spectacular fail on Ubisofts part.I like the armor don't get me wrong hell I even have a physical one in the works.But the fur and bulkyness. I'd rather join the Templars then be seen with it.

Azugo
08-05-2011, 06:47 AM
somebody tell me why noone likes this armor

Why doesn't anyone like this armour? Because it's ugly.

Of course I'm not saying EVERYONE thinks it's ugly -- I'm just saying that the majority of the population doesn't.

Ruscris2
08-05-2011, 06:59 AM
-It's BIG.
-It makes Ezio look fat.
-It makes Ezio look slow.
-It has fur.
-It's simply ugly.Thanks god for the Drachen Armor.

Hope they won't screw up the armor in AC:R that much...

ProletariatPleb
08-05-2011, 08:46 AM
It looks too bulky and slow...and more like a Mage Warrior idk...

An Assassins is supposed to be fast and agile..that so called "armour" makes him look like a carriage ran over him.

Plus it has dead animals stuck on it...Poacher assassin....I would prefer a pauldron.

Serrachio
08-05-2011, 09:35 AM
I don't like the red in the armour, I hope that when it returns in Revelations (as an outfit) that the red on it will be a darker kind, the skirt would have some interesting pattern on it, and they take that eagle thing off of his shoulder.

Also, I'd like it if the fur was less bulky and covered over both shoulders.

A Stealthy Lamp
08-05-2011, 09:44 AM
1) It looks like a hot mess

2)It looks silly when free running

3)Looks more like a cheesy warrior than an assassin

It's just to damn big! xD

EDIT: The Revelations robes is what the armour should have been. Maybe it is, and they changed it from feedback?

AntiChrist7
08-05-2011, 10:38 AM
drachen armor all the way. nicest armor in the game

Warforger
08-05-2011, 11:07 AM
I thought it looked fine. But Raiden is the funniest, why is Ezio wearing heels?

Brandonmac10
08-05-2011, 09:07 PM
I only dislike it because of the hood color. If the hood and cape were Grey, then I would have loved it. A beaked hood (instead of Brutus' round one) would have been better.

I thought the fur was awesome.

E-Zekiel
08-05-2011, 09:16 PM
It's too bulky. It's not white or black predominately. I've never been a big fan of a lot of armor, and tend to think it looks uncool. I prefer the robe-ish looks.

Assassin61484
08-05-2011, 11:18 PM
The fur just killed it for me. The armor itself is not bad. If they could've just slimmed it down a bit and taken the roadkill off your neck, it'd be fine. The fur was ubisoft's version of God's creation of man's transmission pouch (balls); just stuck it in there at the last minute to add something to it

StarScream391
08-06-2011, 12:03 AM
http://chzsomuchpun.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/funny-puns-he-did-nazi-that-coming.jpg

xCr0wnedNorris
08-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Hah! It's a play on words...

Turkiye96
08-06-2011, 04:13 AM
well its all about your own taste while i just didn't like it, mostly for how having the iconic point on his hood, however i LOVED the daggers!!! they were by far the reason i did the lairs. and when i did use the armour so that i didn't have to constantly repair it, i just put the awesome drachen armor over it problem solved. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thornebrook
08-06-2011, 04:26 AM
I recently played through assassins creed brotherhood again, please can somebody tell me why noone likes this armor I love it!
Plus he looks more mentor-ish (I mean more powerfull and superior)

I adore the armor, I just love how it looks and flows when Ezio's running and killing. Some of my friends loved it as well, some hated it. Just a matter of personal taste.

It definitely doesn't make you blend in with the crowd, though. o_O

thedeadman_47
08-06-2011, 07:14 PM
the only thing i liked about the brutus armor is much detail in it other than that its too bulky it has this hidious fur (ezio must be melting in there) and the red color is ugly (thinking of it it's probably the most appropiate for the armor and era it came from) and it feels wrong just looking at it it was abad armor especially after altair's ultimate kick-*** armor given in ac2 in short terms it's not something to be worn by a stealthy master assassin but by a bulky master worrior or something like that

Jexx21
08-06-2011, 07:27 PM
the only thing I don't like about it is that it forces the arm guards on both arms and doesn't have the correct hidden-blade gauntlet on the left arm.

Neither does the Drachen armor. I don't like the Drachen armor 100% either as it reminds me of the robes Rodrigo Borgia had before he became pope.

If they made the Brutus armor with the new hidden-blade gauntlet on the left arm and made it so that it fit better it would be awesome. I really like the eagle and fur. I hope whatever we get in ACR is really awesome.

nickfern19
08-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Assassin61484:
The fur just killed it for me. The armor itself is not bad. If they could've just slimmed it down a bit and taken the roadkill off your neck, it'd be fine. The fur was ubisoft's version of God's creation of man's transmission pouch (balls); just stuck it in there at the last minute to add something to it

This. The design itself wasn't bad, but if they used a different color scheme and layered the "kilt" like they did for Altair's and Ezio's robes so it wouldn't restrict movement, I would love it. But then if you think about this, then you just end up getting the outfit that Ezio has in Revelations http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif I love his new outfit!

LightRey
08-07-2011, 04:51 AM
Too bulky, too furry and too red.
I liked the Drachen armor, except that it bends with the body where it really shouldn't, because it's all metal there, and the cloth looks too shiny, like it's made of cashmere or something.

PrAyLuDe1
08-09-2011, 01:41 AM
It made me think of a rich, over weight woman, that always wears a huge fur coat. 0_o

LightRey
08-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by PrAyLuDe1:
It made me think of a rich, over weight woman, that always wears a huge fur coat. 0_o
That's so true xD

Jexx21
08-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
I liked the Drachen armor, except that it bends with the body where it really shouldn't, because it's all metal there, and the cloth looks too shiny, like it's made of cashmere or something.

Actually, the Armor of Brutus is like that too. The armor on it isn't separated into separate plates like the Armor of Altiar.

I don't think the UbiSoft team ever finished making the Armor of Brutus. It just doesn't fit the style of Assassins with their fluid movements and free-running. Not to mention Ezio's main hidden-blade isn't the one you got at the beginning of the game and doesn't have the hidden gun or poison blade the bottom of it.

In my honest opinion, The Brutus armor was either never finished, or it's not a canon set of armor.

LightRey
08-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Actually, the Armor of Brutus is like that too. The armor on it isn't separated into separate plates like the Armor of Altiar.

I don't think the UbiSoft team ever finished making the Armor of Brutus. It just doesn't fit the style of Assassins with their fluid movements and free-running. Not to mention Ezio's main hidden-blade isn't the one you got at the beginning of the game and doesn't have the hidden gun or poison blade the bottom of it.

In my honest opinion, The Brutus armor was either never finished, or it's not a canon set of armor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lol, I've been using the Drachen Armour for a while now and it's starting to grow on me. It actually doesn't look that bad and I really felt the need for a change of costume.
As for the Brutus armor. Yes, it bends too, but far less, because it's actually so bulky that it allows Ezio's body to bend under the armor. The Drachen Armour skin is basically plastered onto the character model, so it bends with it.

AdmiralPerry
08-09-2011, 07:04 PM
I love the Drachen armor. You can usually see me alternating between Drachen and the uPlay Armor of Altair skin. I absolutely hated the Armor of Brutus when I first got it, but it doesn't bother me so much now. I think the thing I don't like about it is the hood. It just doesn't look right at all. I can put up with the skirt--I was making fun of Ezio as far back as the Coliseum Passion play. Skirt! (I know it's not really a skirt, but lemme have my fun.)

I also don't think the Armor of Brutus is considered "canon," though we'll have to wait until Revelations to find out. I'm replaying AC2 at the moment, and Rebecca said that, in order to fully synchronize with Ezio's memories, Desmond was going to have to obtain the Armor of Altair. There was no such mention for the Armor of Brutus. Also, as everyone knows, in the beginning of Brotherhood, Ezio was wearing the Armor of Altair.

albertwesker22
08-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
I love the Drachen armor. You can usually see me alternating between Drachen and the uPlay Armor of Altair skin. I absolutely hated the Armor of Brutus when I first got it, but it doesn't bother me so much now. I think the thing I don't like about it is the hood. It just doesn't look right at all. I can put up with the skirt--I was making fun of Ezio as far back as the Coliseum Passion play. Skirt! (I know it's not really a skirt, but lemme have my fun.)

I also don't think the Armor of Brutus is considered "canon," though we'll have to wait until Revelations to find out. I'm replaying AC2 at the moment, and Rebecca said that, in order to fully synchronize with Ezio's memories, Desmond was going to have to obtain the Armor of Altair. There was no such mention for the Armor of Brutus. Also, as everyone knows, in the beginning of Brotherhood, Ezio was wearing the Armor of Altair.

At the beginning of Brotherhood, when Ezio is at Viana, he is wearing his white master assassin robes with full body armour(Please don't "correct" that) so if Ezio did get the Brutus armour, he wasn't using it as of 1507.

LightRey
08-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:

At the beginning of Brotherhood, when Ezio is at Viana, he is wearing his white master assassin robes with full body armour(Please don't "correct" that) so if Ezio did get the Brutus armour, he wasn't using it as of 1507. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good point. Though that could have been the result of the fact that the memory was somewhat "corrupted" (I don't know how to better describe it, but it was glitchy).

notafanboy
08-10-2011, 02:57 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2v2k50x.jpg
how do you unequip the pouldrons to make Ezio look like that?

xCr0wnedNorris
08-10-2011, 03:35 PM
You can't. Once you get to the memory where you have to buy them, you're stuck with them forever.

notafanboy
08-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
You can't. Once you get to the memory where you have to buy them, you're stuck with them forever.

yeah, i know, but in the screenshot above he doesn┤t wear them even though that the screenshot is from is from a mission halfway through the game ?

Animuses
08-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Just replay the sequence 2 mission where Machiavelli forces you to buy the the piece of armor and short blade.
Edit: Never mind, I didn't look at his right shoulder.

twenty_glyphs
08-10-2011, 07:53 PM
How could the Armor of Brutus not be canon when it's in the game? The whole premise of the game is that you can't do anything your ancestor didn't actually do. Sure they're a little lenient on that when it comes to how you complete some missions, but overall the main events you see really happened. You don't have to fully synch with your ancestor to see all their memories apparently, which is what opens up the side missions like Alta´r's Armor and the Armor of Brutus. Just because Rebecca doesn't repeat that you need the Armor of Brutus to fully synch with Ezio doesn't mean he never really got that armor.

Now Ezio may have chosen to not wear the Armor of Brutus much, which could be why he wasn't wearing it in the 1507 opening scene of Brotherhood, and why he may abandon it going forward. Revelations will also take place in 1511, so if Ezio isn't wearing the armor to start the game it still doesn't prove that he never wore it. I do think the feedback has been negative enough (and rightly so) that they'd be crazy to show Ezio wearing the armor to start Revelations.

As goofy as the Armor of Brutus looks, the thing that makes me most annoyed by it and the Armor of Alta´r is that you can't dye its color. You spend the entire game unlocking and trying out new colors to enhance your look, and then when you finally do all the work to obtain the unbreakable armor, you can't dye it like you've done for the entire game. That's just irritating, especially since Brotherhood had even better colors that I really liked.

LightRey
08-11-2011, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
How could the Armor of Brutus not be canon when it's in the game? The whole premise of the game is that you can't do anything your ancestor didn't actually do. Sure they're a little lenient on that when it comes to how you complete some missions, but overall the main events you see really happened. You don't have to fully synch with your ancestor to see all their memories apparently, which is what opens up the side missions like Alta´r's Armor and the Armor of Brutus. Just because Rebecca doesn't repeat that you need the Armor of Brutus to fully synch with Ezio doesn't mean he never really got that armor.

Now Ezio may have chosen to not wear the Armor of Brutus much, which could be why he wasn't wearing it in the 1507 opening scene of Brotherhood, and why he may abandon it going forward. Revelations will also take place in 1511, so if Ezio isn't wearing the armor to start the game it still doesn't prove that he never wore it. I do think the feedback has been negative enough (and rightly so) that they'd be crazy to show Ezio wearing the armor to start Revelations.

As goofy as the Armor of Brutus looks, the thing that makes me most annoyed by it and the Armor of Alta´r is that you can't dye its color. You spend the entire game unlocking and trying out new colors to enhance your look, and then when you finally do all the work to obtain the unbreakable armor, you can't dye it like you've done for the entire game. That's just irritating, especially since Brotherhood had even better colors that I really liked.
Yeah. I'd like it if they'd at least allow us to change the cape.