PDA

View Full Version : Removing 'insignia'........

dgk196
07-24-2008, 10:23 AM
At times an unrelated squadron insignia will appear on the skin I've selected to fly with.

For example, I select 'Single mission'. Then at the 'Briefing screen' I 'push' the arming button. The Arming screen comes up and at the top is the unit name, with the 'insignia'. I go to aircraft customization then select the arming screen. Then there it is on the left side of the aircraft, the insignia that first appeared on the 'arming screen'.

I select an alternate skin, of another unit and the insignia does not go away. How do I get rid of this unrelated insignia? Is there a step I missed or a selection that's wrong? The 'markings' on or off does not get rid of this insignia either!

Dennis

RegRag1977
07-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi Dgk196,

AFAIK you can't put insigna off if they are scripted in a mission: for instance if you fly a stock mission, in eastern front with Jg54, you will have the greenheart insigna by default. The game won't let you change this! Same for campaigns...

But if you try this utility (link below) you will have new insigna, should be able to change their sizes or even delete them so they don't interfere with your favorite skins http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif :

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3117

I hope it helps...

dgk196
07-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks!

I've looked at that before, wondered what it did, still not entirely clear, but everybody seems to rave over it.

I'm not in the 'computer whiz' league, so this program is out for me. Items 2 and 3 of the installation procedure killed that. I don't modify 'code' at any level. To many bad experiences in the past. Maybe in the future if it actually installs itself, I'll give it a try!

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it!

Dennis

Edited, I was right, I'm not a computer whiz. I tried it figured how bad could it be, on 3 or 4 steps!? Boy was I wrong! I should have read the 'problem' posts before I downloaded this! I asked for help on the M4T site, since they seem to be leading the pack, but..........