PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the location for Assassin's Creed Revelations?

Turkiye96
05-17-2011, 07:35 AM
well i really like the idea, but im kinda bias, so i was wondering what you guys thought...

ShaneO7K
05-17-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm happy with any location as long as it's cities suits the gameplay and his some interesting history.

iN3krO
05-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
I'm happy with any location as long as it's cities suits the gameplay and his some interesting history.

I've votted for good... constatinople was the second most important city in rome's empire so if they do it well it will be so ****ing awsome :P

benseac
05-17-2011, 08:15 AM
It'll be cool running around in Constantinople.

X10J
05-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Any city whos name has that many syllables has got to be awesome.

Noble6
05-17-2011, 09:49 AM
I think the architehture sadly won't be too different from previous games or am I wrong? I really don't know what did Constantinople look like.

Historically it is really interesting place.

cwoad
05-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Honestly, Id rather they keep things in Europe. not Turkey. the name itself is silly. I dont wanna see bloody people running around with massive ball hats and stuff. I would have preferred seomthing like Paris or Spain or even the UK!

UBOSOFT-Gamer
05-17-2011, 10:01 AM
i like it, because it's just about 55 years after the turks conquerd, occupied constantinople and changed the name in Istanbul. I hope we see a lot of byzantinian buildings. Hagia Sophia has Spires, yes, but i hope we don't see much turkish stuff. We had those enough in AC1 in Damascus. But in fact, it doesn't matter how the city will look like. I think the devs will give us a great city to jump and run. So anything is good, but i still hope we will see mostly byzantinan origin. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ILLusioNaire
05-17-2011, 11:16 AM
I don't know why some of you are disappointed to be playing with a Turkish/Byzantine culture. I think it will probably be the best location yet. I absolutely loved the atmosphere Damascus and Jerusalem had in AC1. Perhaps the feeling will be similar in Constantinople, yet different because of the greek remnants. I think there will be much to lay hold of in this city.

itsamea-mario
05-17-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm definately warming to the idea.

Turkiye96
05-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by cwoad:
Honestly, Id rather they keep things in Europe. not Turkey. the name itself is silly. I dont wanna see bloody people running around with massive ball hats and stuff. I would have preferred seomthing like Paris or Spain or even the UK!
well the good thing about Istanbul in 1509 is that is is an epicenter of different cultures and beliefs. So you will get to see ALL SORTS of different types of people doing their own thing as it was one of the most diverse Cities of that time. ( even one of the selling points in it is that it is east meets west as altair and ezio come together in the game) so im sure you will get to meet a bunch of different people from different cultures and countries. and whats wrong with ''massive ball hats '' :P they would be pretty diiferent and unique to the franchise if you ask me. yea architecture the of the Ottomans was influences by a lot of western countries so we will get a blend of different types of buildings.

itsamea-mario
05-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah like someone else said, i absoloutly loved the atmosphere in damascus, and if parts of Constantinople can mimick that, then i'll be happy.

Only thing i'm concerned about is, can ezio speak turkish*?

*it is a language right?

DavidPV86
05-17-2011, 12:18 PM
At the time, Constantinople was in better "shape" than Rome -which did not like alot in Brotherhood-

A priori is the best location so far, but who knows, as I said, Rome kinda disappointed me....

Turkiye96
05-17-2011, 12:29 PM
well the thing is that in 1509 a huge earthquake struck Istanbul destroying something like 1000 houses and 119 mosques so that is a good area to pick off as we get a backstory for why we have to rebuild Constantinople.

Only thing i'm concerned about is, can ezio speak turkish*?

*it is a language right?

well Ezio doesn't nor does he have to speak turkish ( yes it it a language :P) as back then they used to speak Ottoman ( sort of like arabic) so i guess Ezio learns ottoman, or seeing as how he was from a wealthy family might have learnt it as a boy. but you do make a good point, im not sure how they are gona integrate that into the plot

joaomuas
05-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
well the thing is that in 1509 a huge earthquake struck Istanbul destroying something like 1000 houses and 119 mosques so that is a good area to pick off as we get a backstory for why we have to rebuild Constantinople.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Only thing i'm concerned about is, can ezio speak turkish*?

*it is a language right?

well Ezio doesn't nor does he have to speak turkish ( yes it it a language :P) as back then they used to speak Ottoman ( sort of like arabic) so i guess Ezio learns ottoman, or seeing as how he was from a wealthy family might have learnt it as a boy. but you do make a good point, im not sure how they are gona integrate that into the plot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe he met some turkish girls in Firenze! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

crash3
05-17-2011, 05:46 PM
constantinople is bigger and more vibrant than rome at this point in history. there will be much less ruins and more physical buildings to explore so hopefully constantinople wont feel as restricted as rome. although i hope the buildings arent too monotonous

itll be good to see clashes of eastern and western culture, basically establishing a connection between altairs culture and ezios culture

ACfreak357
05-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:
I don't know why some of you are disappointed to be playing with a Turkish/Byzantine culture. I think it will probably be the best location yet. I absolutely loved the atmosphere Damascus and Jerusalem had in AC1. Perhaps the feeling will be similar in Constantinople, yet different because of the greek remnants. I think there will be much to lay hold of in this city.

Completely Agree with you....so far their have been a Arab Assassin wich was Altair and now a Italian/Turkish speaking assassin which is Ezio.......?

Still the city is gonna be really awesome to play in.

DavidPV86
05-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Rome was at its peak (besides the ancient era) during the second half of the XVII century, which is the reason of Venice and Florence being ahead and looking better while Ezio "lived"

But Constantinople was the opposite, the Ottomans gave to an already cosmopolitan city, a new life, that is why I believe this is the best location yet, at least on the theory.

Crouching.Tiger
05-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:

well Ezio doesn't nor does he have to speak turkish ( yes it it a language :P) as back then they used to speak Ottoman ( sort of like arabic) so i guess Ezio learns ottoman, or seeing as how he was from a wealthy family might have learnt it as a boy. but you do make a good point, im not sure how they are gona integrate that into the plot

Actually, they spoke two types of Turkish: Ottoman Turkish (which borrowed from Arabic and Persian and was used as administrative and literally language) and "rough" Turkish (which was spoken by less-educated and rural Turks, and which is the basis for modern Turkis). Ottoman Turkish was pretty incomprehensible to speakers of "rough" Turkish.
Arguably, Ezio's probably going to socialize with both lower and upper classes, so he's got some pretty solid language studies ahead of him.

Turkiye96
05-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Crouching.Tiger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Turkiye96:

Actually, they spoke two types of Turkish: Ottoman Turkish (which borrowed from Arabic and Persian and was used as administrative and literally language) and "rough" Turkish (which was spoken by less-educated and rural Turks, and which is the basis for modern Turkis). Ottoman Turkish was pretty incomprehensible to speakers of "rough" Turkish.
Arguably, Ezio's probably going to socialize with both lower and upper classes, so he's got some pretty solid language studies ahead of him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for the info that was pretty cool :P

Chamboozer
05-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Constantinople was one of the biggest cities in the world at the time and certianly the most unique. There could be no better location for this game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hopefully they get the layout correct though, there's countless maps from the time period so it shouldn't be so hard.

kriegerdesgottes
05-23-2011, 10:43 PM
I think it's an awesome idea and I'm kind of disappointed with myself for not having considered it even for a second. I was too busy on my French Revolution kick to even consider Constantinople. That's right! It'll always be Constantinople to me! It's such a good idea though. The Byzantine empire had just fallen and the Ottomans had just taken over. It's east meets west.

Chamboozer
05-23-2011, 11:18 PM
I'd hardly call six decades 'just taken over' but yes, exactly!

kriegerdesgottes
05-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Chamboozer:
I'd hardly call six decades 'just taken over' but yes, exactly!

58 years isn't that long of a time of occupation especially considering that they stayed there for 470 years and the developers have said the game is going to focus on the changes in society there in the newest game informer video.

Chamboozer
05-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Yep, my point is that even the oldest of the old would have been very young at the time of the conquest. It's like the same way World War II isn't usually referred to as a recent conflict.

The events that shaped Ezio's Constantinople occured long ago; The settlement of Jews and Armenians into the city by Mehmed II, and the settlement of Spanish Jews by Bayezid II (Ottoman Constantinople had the largest percentage of Jewish population of all the cities on Earth). The one big change in the nature of the city that occurs during (what I assume will be) Ezio's time there was Selim I settling Persian artisans he captured in his wars.

So the big societal changes caused by the conquest have really already happened. I suppose Ubisoft will depict it how they like, it's not a huge deal. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif