PDA

View Full Version : My mad theory about TWCB [Maybe spoilers of some sort]

ace3001
03-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Okay, so this is some crazy theory that came over me suddenly.

It always bugged me how Minerva had to be in Ezio's era to send a message to Desmond, when Juno could easily be there in 2012.

So it led me into thinking: What if TWCB never actually appeared to Ezio? What if this was a ploy by Abstergo? Planted in the memory core brought to the Animus 2.0 by Lucy, perhaps? Then maybe something like the bleeding effect (also possibly done intentionally via the Animus) let Desmond see Juno in the temple. (Remember how the others could see nor hear her?) Going a little deeper, I'd think the Subject 16 parts were also planted that way.

I know, you guys would probably laugh at me for this, and I too think it's sorta far fetched, but just a thought I had today. Thought I'd share my craziness. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

magesupermaster
03-23-2011, 09:44 AM
If she never actually appeared to Ezio, how's that that Ezio talked to her in the vault?

charleroi66
03-23-2011, 09:52 AM
As in, what is seen in the animus has been manipulated, so to Desmond, and ultimately us the viewer, is tricked into thinking that really happened?

ace3001
03-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by charleroi66:
As in, what is seen in the animus has been manipulated, so to Desmond, and ultimately us the viewer, is tricked into thinking that really happened? This. What Desmond sees in that room is not Ezio's memory, but something planted in the animus memory core by Abstergo.

@magemaster: I meant what if that scene was a fake...

heypeter17
03-23-2011, 12:44 PM
The animus is a recollection of memories in the past. The animus can not alter the past, otherwise it would be a time machine.
As magesupermaster said, Ezio spoke to Minerva "whos Desmond" it would be pretty hard for Abstergo to make Ezio speak.
Interesting theory though.

RebeccaLH
03-23-2011, 12:46 PM
I dont think its 'mad' , i like looking at all different outcomes. But i do hope what your saying is wrong because id like to learn more on them in AC3.

charleroi66
03-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by heypeter17:
The animus is a recollection of memories in the past. The animus can not alter the past, otherwise it would be a time machine.
As magesupermaster said, Ezio spoke to Minerva "whos Desmond" it would be pretty hard for Abstergo to make Ezio speak.
Interesting theory though.

It's a machine that displays memories extracted from DNA. It's a virtual representation (albiet a fictional and entirely impossible one). Alas, its still possible to manipulate the animus to display false representations of the memories, were it ever going to happen in the storyline. It's not a time machine.

misterB2001
03-24-2011, 04:23 AM
I understand what's bein said, but surely Abstergo would have no way of knowing that Lucy was going to steal that specific memory core.

Even if they did, they would have had to have a descendant play out ezios life to know where he'd be and then they would have got the Apple way before the assassins did.

Doesn't add up.

charleroi66
03-24-2011, 05:08 AM
they could know all along. they've probably got other descendants in animi as desmond is doing his thing.

misterB2001
03-24-2011, 11:41 AM
the question would still remain......if they knew where to plant the edited memory, they would already know where the Apple was, which is their ultimate goal, finding a PoE.

If they had one, they wouldn't bother going to the lengths suggested in this theory.

charleroi66
03-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by misterB2001:
the question would still remain......if they knew where to plant the edited memory, they would already know where the Apple was, which is their ultimate goal, finding a PoE.

If they had one, they wouldn't bother going to the lengths suggested in this theory.

but they'd need someone to get through the temple and get it, they could bide their time and then get it with zero effort. Dastardly lazy templars! *shakes fist*

ace3001
03-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by charleroi66:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by misterB2001:

but they'd need someone to get through the temple and get it, they could bide their time and then get it with zero effort. Dastardly lazy templars! *shakes fist* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Plus, I thought those stump like thingys don't respond to someone without Assassin DNA.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
03-24-2011, 11:41 PM
Don't forget that on the Abstergo website there is a so called "Project Siren" being set up for Subject 17, Desmond. So this is as far-fetched as it seems.

ace3001
03-25-2011, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by geomart:
Don't forget that on the Abstergo website there is a so called "Project Siren" being set up for Subject 17, Desmond. So this is as far-fetched as it seems. What's Project Siren? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The-Shadow-One
03-25-2011, 08:43 AM
well i can guess from the name as a siren is a greek myth which lured sailors to rocks and ship wrecked them. so maybe greece is the next place? mhm?

shifty189189
03-25-2011, 10:48 AM
i'm upset that i haven't read anyone say this yet, but

if THCB made humans as slaves, then got in a war with them..... why would they be helping us?!?!?

ace3001
03-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by shifty189189:

if THCB made humans as slaves, then got in a war with them..... why would they be helping us?!?!? And we're the ones who actually killed them off also, right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Liu_Jian
03-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by shifty189189:

if THCB made humans as slaves, then got in a war with them..... why would they be helping us?!?!?

You aren't alone. I refuse to believe that TWCB are just being nice and trying to save the human race from another solar flare. I think they are plotting something else. What that is I don't know, but I do recall one of the emails in ACB between William and Lucy saying that they are suspicious of their true intentions.

ace3001
03-26-2011, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Liu_Jian:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shifty189189:

You aren't alone. I refuse to believe that TWCB are just being nice and trying to save the human race from another solar flare. I think they are plotting something else. What that is I don't know, but I do recall one of the emails in ACB between William and Lucy saying that they are suspicious of their true intentions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The problem I'm having is, why would they plot something when they're already dead?

misterB2001
03-26-2011, 03:29 AM
Desmonds blood line is part TWCB and part human. As is Eves bloodline. Maybe if they get together and have a baby the TWCB 'race' will be born again?

charleroi66
03-26-2011, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by misterB2001:
Desmonds blood line is part TWCB and part human. As is Eves bloodline. Maybe if they get together and have a baby the TWCB 'race' will be born again?

Isn't there part templar in Desmonds line, too?

Liu_Jian
03-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liu_Jian:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shifty189189:

You aren't alone. I refuse to believe that TWCB are just being nice and trying to save the human race from another solar flare. I think they are plotting something else. What that is I don't know, but I do recall one of the emails in ACB between William and Lucy saying that they are suspicious of their true intentions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The problem I'm having is, why would they plot something when they're already dead? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well thats the big question, isn't it? Maybe they figured out a way to restore life in a much more effective way than how the shroud is used. Who knows. All I know is that after everything that we've learned about TWCB, I find it hard to believe that they want to help us. They were basically forced in to helping the humans after the first solar flare to survive. I don't understand why they would care whether the humans live or die in another solar flare thousands of years after the fact, unless they have something to personally gain from it.

Also: Have we even been told the purpose of TWBC giving humans some of their abilities? Has that been explained? If so I must have missed it.