PDA

View Full Version : desmond (spoiler)

chizzy12
11-20-2011, 08:37 PM
at the end of the game why does his arm glow blueish? is it because of the apple or something?

it was right next to him

roostersrule2
11-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by chizzy12:
at the end of the game why does his arm glow blueish? is it because of the apple or something?

it was right next to him My theory is that his arm glows because it's now a key to unlock the grand temple. It's also probably got some badass moves.

SamuraiX87
11-21-2011, 10:14 AM
didnt 16 do something to desmond when animus island was desolving

LightRey
11-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by samuraix87:
didnt 16 do something to desmond when animus island was desolving
He thew him through the gate so that Desmond wouldn't be deleted along with the island.

NuclearFuss
11-21-2011, 01:53 PM
After he hugged him goodbye http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

Or tried to get him deleted. That scene didn't make sense.

souNdwAve89
11-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Judging from how Subject 16 acted, I wouldn't be surprised if that hug to save him from dissolving is related to the blue/teal color on Desmond's arms.

LightRey
11-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:

He himself said he was saving Desmond. The island was "scheduled for deletion" as he said. He held Desmond to make sure he wouldn't be deleted as well and then threw him through the gate before Desmond got deleted along with S16.

NuclearFuss
11-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah I know he mentioned the whole deletion thing, but I thought it would have just made sense to send him back immediately. Suppose it isn't cinematic enough just telling him to GTFO.

RzaRecta357
11-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Like Lightrey said.

Also, they were trying to give off the appearance that 16 was thinking of stealing or hitching a ride along in Desmonds body.

Just for a bit of drama before he tossed him in.

LightRey
11-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Like Lightrey said.

Also, they were trying to give off the appearance that 16 was thinking of stealing or hitching a ride along in Desmonds body.

Just for a bit of drama before he tossed him in.
Precisely.

Agentbarto
11-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:

He himself said he was saving Desmond. The island was "scheduled for deletion" as he said. He held Desmond to make sure he wouldn't be deleted as well and then threw him through the gate before Desmond got deleted along with S16. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't get how he helped prevent Desmond's deletion. In get that it was his intent, but if you look closely 16 himself is beginning to disintegrate, so how would he help maintain Desmond's avatar's cohesion?

Maybe I'm just nit-picking...

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Agentbarto:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:

He himself said he was saving Desmond. The island was "scheduled for deletion" as he said. He held Desmond to make sure he wouldn't be deleted as well and then threw him through the gate before Desmond got deleted along with S16. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't get how he helped prevent Desmond's deletion. In get that it was his intent, but if you look closely 16 himself is beginning to disintegrate, so how would he help maintain Desmond's avatar's cohesion?

Maybe I'm just nit-picking... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can be wrong but I assume that S16 "passed" onto Desmond some kind of protective shield so to speak, the same shield that most likely helped him to stay "alive" within the Black Box, assuming it was NOT the first time that some stuff was scheduled to be deleted.

LightRey
11-22-2011, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
I can be wrong but I assume that S16 "passed" onto Desmond some kind of protective shield so to speak, the same shield that most likely helped him to stay "alive" within the Black Box, assuming it was NOT the first time that some stuff was scheduled to be deleted.
I would think this is the case too. He was a programmer and as we can see from what he left inside the Animus and from some of the things he said in ACR he was able to manipulate it quite well before and after his (physical) death.