PDA

View Full Version : Ending Debate *Spoiler*

Poodle_of_Doom
02-27-2011, 05:29 PM
That said, I donít believe that Lucy is not dead. Proof lies in the fact that in AC , where Al Mualim stabbed Altair, whilst having the apple. Instead of dying as one would expect, he woke up later only to be told it was an illusion. In AC2, Ezio was stabbed while Rodrigo was holding the apple. Ezio later wakes up and hunts back Rodrigo. Continuing the pattern, I donít believe that Lucy will die, because Desmond was holding the apple when he stabbed her.

That said, something else to note is that on the Assassins Creed Wiki, made by Ubisoft, on Rodrigo's page, there is written a clear birth and death-date. On Lucy's page, the only date that is written there is her birth. Wonder what all this could mean?

Thoughts?

vorenus73
02-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
That said, I donít believe that Lucy is not dead. Proof lies in the fact that in AC , where Al Mualim stabbed Altair, whilst having the apple. Instead of dying as one would expect, he woke up later only to be told it was an illusion. In AC2, Ezio was stabbed while Rodrigo was holding the apple. Ezio later wakes up and hunts back Rodrigo. Continuing the pattern, I donít believe that Lucy will die, because Desmond was holding the apple when he stabbed her.

That said, something else to note is that on the Assassins Creed Wiki, made by Ubisoft, on Rodrigo's page, there is written a clear birth and death-date. On Lucy's page, the only date that is written there is her birth. Wonder what all this could mean?

Thoughts?

That is a good point. Game series like this are all about patterns in the plot. The only difference here is that Lucy is not wearing armor.

[stupidity edited out by author]

Question - and if it is obvious please don't berate me - but when did Al Mualim stab Altair?? I just beat AC1 about an hour ago. I hadn't played it and I wanted to catch up on the story. At the end, Altair kills Al Mualim... then sees the apple show the globe with the guy with one arm, but I do not remember Al Mualim stabbing Altair....

Anyway, if he did and I missed it, then I think your theory makes a lot of sense.

LaCava1
02-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by vorenus73:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

Thoughts?

That is a good point. Game series like this are all about patterns in the plot. The only difference here is that Lucy is not wearing armor. On the other hand, who knows what's real, the knife Desmond stabbed Lucy with materialized out of thin air.

Question - and if it is obvious please don't berate me - but when did Al Mualim stab Altair?? I just beat AC1 about an hour ago. I hadn't played it and I wanted to catch up on the story. At the end, Altair kills Al Mualim... then sees the apple show the globe with the guy with one arm, but I do not remember Al Mualim stabbing Altair....

Anyway, if he did and I missed it, then I think your theory makes a lot of sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Altair gets stabbed in the very beginning, after Malik gives The Apple to Al-Mualim. It was a common ritual when The Hashshashin were around. And OP, the reason Ezio survived Rodrigo's stab was because of Altair's armour. Lucy was just wearing a shirt.

swiftkinfe
02-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Altair does indeed get stabbed but the knife was coated in some form of poison that made him think he was dead when he was only drugged.Hence Al mualim stating the sleep of the dead.Then again he could have fooled every assassin there with the Apple however Al mualim at the end of the game says he couldn't fool Altair.Saying Altair could see past the illusion.So in other words the drugged idea seems more likely and he was patched up later.

Ezio was wearing Altairs armor during his fight with Rodrigo.And yes one could argue he could wear anything during the fight.But still in brotherhood at the begining he is wearing Altairs armor and begins exactly wear AC2 let off. Ezio even says the armor blunted Rodrigo's attack.

Lucy now could be any sort of thing and i dont feel like debating what happend

Poodle_of_Doom
02-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by vorenus73:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

Thoughts?

That is a good point. Game series like this are all about patterns in the plot. The only difference here is that Lucy is not wearing armor. On the other hand, who knows what's real, the knife Desmond stabbed Lucy with materialized out of thin air.

Anyway, if he did and I missed it, then I think your theory makes a lot of sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The knife didn't appear out of thin air,... it was the hidden blade that Lucy gave him in the beggining of AC2. He's been wearing it on his arm since then.

That said, V-Rex....Even if she were dying, I still think he could bring her back with the apple,... but this is a completely different subject...

SWJS
02-27-2011, 07:24 PM
To add to the OP, Altair, Ezio, and Lucy were all stabbed in the exact same place, and Ezio was stabbed there TWICE. Atair and Ezio lived through both, and the first time Ezio gets stabbed, it's possible to take place when not wearing Altair's Armor, so Ezio still survived both times, special armor or not. Lucy can still possibly be saved because the only real threat she has from being stabbed in the abdomen is bleeding out. Shaun and Rebecca are there, and Lucy also contacted the assassins and gave them the location of Ezio's apple before leaving for Juno's Vault.

I'm with the OP on this one. Lucy's gonna be fine.

Poodle_of_Doom
02-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
To add to the OP, Altair, Ezio, and Lucy were all stabbed in the exact same place, and Ezio was stabbed there TWICE. Atair and Ezio lived through both, and the first time Ezio gets stabbed, it's possible to take place when not wearing Altair's Armor, so Ezio still survived both times, special armor or not. Lucy can still possibly be saved because the only real threat she has from being stabbed in the abdomen is bleeding out. Shaun and Rebecca are there, and Lucy also contacted the assassins and gave them the location of Ezio's apple before leaving for Juno's Vault.

So,... who's OP?

gutarjunky
02-27-2011, 11:57 PM
I donít believe that Lucy will die, because Desmond was holding the apple when he stabbed her.

i really don't think lucy is going to comeback when desmond has the apple http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

SWJS
02-28-2011, 12:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:

So,... who's OP? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The Original Poster, or in this case, you.

eagleforlife1
02-28-2011, 12:50 AM

Thoughts?

The reason that there is a clear birth and death date on Rodrigo's page is because that is when he was born and died in real life. And therefore is a fact that is already open to the public and can't be seen as a spoiler.

cs_gurl
02-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Well Juno says that Desmond needs to forget about Lucy so he can find this other woman who will help him in the future (Haven't seen the ending in a while, so forgive me if my descriptions are vague).
All we saw was Lucy fall and then it went blank, so that doesn't necessarily mean she was killed; she was merely incapacitated so Desmond would leave her behind and search out this other woman.
(Even though Desmond is being put back into the animus http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif )

She may not be dead as I'm sure she is somehow miraculously able to survive the wound. Who knows, maybe she is put into the animus as well and he's meant to meet her ancestor from the past. But that's just grabbing at straws lol

SmileyRK21
02-28-2011, 05:00 AM
I literally just watched the ending for the first time last night. Said I'd stay away from this forum until I did finish the SP. But yeah it looks pretty convincing that she is seriously harmed. I mean he stabs her and she falls to the floor and you can see blood pouring out. I honestly didn't expect that and I kinda hope she doesn't die. She was Hawt http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
And what was that bit in the credits about putting him back in the animus???
WTF???

AntiChrist7
02-28-2011, 06:41 AM
I really hope Lucy (kristen bell is the hottest woman on earth) comes back, but i fear for it. All the main characters have lost somebody dearly to them. In Ezio's case (his father and brothers), it's what gave the spark to him to become an assassin. And i think it's gonna be the same with desmond. Lucy's death will spark him to furfill his destiny.

As for being put back in the animus, they just do it so that the player can continue playing as the ancestor. they did it in ACI and ACII. otherwie you would have to start over to complete additional missions you skipped.

Offcours the two people putting him back in will have a part in the plot

Poodle_of_Doom
02-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
I really hope Lucy (kristen bell is the hottest woman on earth) comes back, but i fear for it. All the main characters have lost somebody dearly to them. In Ezio's case (his father and brothers), it's what gave the spark to him to become an assassin. And i think it's gonna be the same with desmond. Lucy's death will spark him to furfill his destiny.

As for being put back in the animus, they just do it so that the player can continue playing as the ancestor. they did it in ACI and ACII. otherwie you would have to start over to complete additional missions you skipped.

If you listen closely, you hear one of them say "He's going into shock!" To which the other replied "Quickly! Get him into the Animus!" The first voice says "Is that what caused this in the first place?" And the second voice responds "Who's the expert here?..."

It would seem to me as if he's only being put back into the Animus to prevent further declination. This alludes nothing to the present state of Lucy. If nothing else, it states that Desmonds condition is worse than originally though,.... possably worsening.

And I feel the need to point out the fact that it wasn't Juno that told Desmond that,... it was Menerva. Proof that there is a difference between the two entities can be found here.... (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Minerva)

Kaena2012
02-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Yes and one of the voices at the end is indeed William M. (just read the emails on the computer)

I as well think that Lucy is possibly not dead

AMuppetMatt
02-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Sorry, but where's your proof that it definitely IS William M?
Granted I would be more surprised that it isn't than it is, but at the moment it's just as likely that those voices were Templars than Assassins.

AntiChrist7
02-28-2011, 12:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:

If you listen closely, you hear one of them say "He's going into shock!" To which the other replied "Quickly! Get him into the Animus!" The first voice says "Is that what caused this in the first place?" And the second voice responds "Who's the expert here?..."

It would seem to me as if he's only being put back into the Animus to prevent further declination. This alludes nothing to the present state of Lucy. If nothing else, it states that Desmonds condition is worse than originally though,.... possably worsening.

And I feel the need to point out the fact that it wasn't Juno that told Desmond that,... it was Menerva. Proof that there is a difference between the two entities can be found here.... (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Minerva) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for not reading my post.....

I said, the two men putting him back in will have a role, but another reason he is put back in is to give the player the oppurtunity to continue as Ezio when the game is finished.

And indeed, nowhere it is said that it's william M, they could be templars.

AMuppetMatt
02-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Desmond's lost his parents, so losing Lucy to continue the trend may not be necessary. Granted we don't know if his parents are dead (thinking back to AC1 Lucy says they sent in a team but the place was deserted, SUGGESTING [great word http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ] that they're alive). So Lucy having to be lost to continue the trend may not be necessary, but to be honest I share the same feelings as you AntiChrist.

To be honest I would be surprised if Desmond has been recaptured by Templars as it would mean another game held captive. At a time where Desmond was becoming a much more playable character it would be a bit counter-productive to have him imprisoned again. Of course the same can be said about the Assassins holding him... as far as they're concerned he's as mental as a crazy person. (Couldn't think of a good analogy.) Will be interesting to see where Ubi take it.

Mutley_Rulz
02-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
Granted I would be more surprised that it isn't than it is, but at the moment it's just as likely that those voices were Templars than Assassins.
I think we know that William M is in Italy, through his email to Shaun suggesting they 'touch base' (I think that means meet up? Damn foreign local dialect) at 3:00am. Also, he replies to Lucy about her voicemail, meaning the team has his number. It seems to me he'd be the logical person to call seeing as they can't exactly call for an ambulance.

AMuppetMatt
02-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Mutley_Rulz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
I think we know that William M is in Italy, through his email to Shaun suggesting they 'touch base' (I think that means meet up? Damn foreign local dialect) at 3:00am. Also, he replies to Lucy about her voicemail, meaning the team has his number. It seems to me he'd be the logical person to call seeing as they can't exactly call for an ambulance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read my post again.
I expect it is him, but that isn't proof, that's evidence to suggest.
Don't get me wrong, I think one of them will be William M, and if not they'll be working for him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
But as I say, still not proof, simply evidence http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
02-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mutley_Rulz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
I think we know that William M is in Italy, through his email to Shaun suggesting they 'touch base' (I think that means meet up? Damn foreign local dialect) at 3:00am. Also, he replies to Lucy about her voicemail, meaning the team has his number. It seems to me he'd be the logical person to call seeing as they can't exactly call for an ambulance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read my post again.
I expect it is him, but that isn't proof, that's evidence to suggest.
Don't get me wrong, I think one of them will be William M, and if not they'll be working for him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
But as I say, still not proof, simply evidence http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally get where you are coming from now, with regards to the last set of posts... But at that, I'm simply trying to point out the reason from the story lines perspective. I understand what you mean though.

I'm going to through this out there, and I have no real basis for this,... But I think that the team who found them, and picked them up is the one from Denver who disappeared. I'd love to witness the exchanges that will take place trying to explain this. It would also put the Templars hot on their heels, and put the Apple in Jeopardy. This would make for a really neat plot twist, and a hell of a good story line....

Kaena2012
03-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Well not full 100% proof, nobody has that. But William M told Lucy that they would put Desmond back in the Animus once they got there
I guess we can assume it is but then again the writer's are doing such a great job to throw us off. However if Lucy is Templar then the voice can also be Templar but i still think it's other Assasins

Black_Widow9
03-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Please post this here-
The Ending of AC:Brotherhood *SPOILERS* (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9011039408/m/6681079298)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>