PDA

View Full Version : The clumsy *** stealth- fix it

maxer6
08-03-2011, 03:52 AM
One thing I really didn't like about the past games is the stealth. It's just looks kinda clumsy. I mean a badass middle age assassin like ezio doesn't doesn't walk up to un suspecting target, and if your wAiting around a corner for someone you clumsily try to stand int the perfect spot. Stealth should look cool and badass, the way it doesn't look when you walk around trying to stay out of sight looking like a robot. The way it looked when the master thief tried to sneak behind the leader of the assassin order is how it should look, correctly timed,quick and deadly. I'm not asking to turn the stealth into splinter cell, Im just asking to make it look and feel less clumsy. Stealth needs to be fluid the way parkour and fighting is.

LightRey
08-03-2011, 05:51 AM
You don't think it looks a little obvious if you're in the middle of the street holding a dagger in your hand and sneaking up to someone behind his back? Ezio just casually walks up to his targets and then stabs them. It's much sneakier because nobody expects a random guy in the street to suddenly stab someone. They would expect someone who's sneaking up to someone from the back to do so.

GunnarGunderson
08-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
You don't think it looks a little obvious if you're in the middle of the street holding a dagger in your hand and sneaking up to someone behind his back? Ezio just casually walks up to his targets and then stabs them. It's much sneakier because nobody expects a random guy in the street to suddenly stab someone. They would expect someone who's sneaking up to someone from the back to do so.

I don't think he's talking about social stealth, he's talking about things llike sneaking into the Castel Sant Angelo

itsamea-mario
08-03-2011, 08:21 AM
You're not always on the the street though.

LightRey
08-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I don't think he's talking about social stealth, he's talking about things llike sneaking into the Castel Sant Angelo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, but he was referring to La Volpe sneaking up to Machiavelli I believe, which really looked kinda bizarre to me since it was in broad daylight out on the street. It's really noticeable if someone would actually do that, especially while holding a dagger. I get the idea, but most of AC seems to focus on "hiding in plain sight". It's one of the tenets after all.

Serrachio
08-03-2011, 10:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I don't think he's talking about social stealth, he's talking about things llike sneaking into the Castel Sant Angelo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, but he was referring to La Volpe sneaking up to Machiavelli I believe, which really looked kinda bizarre to me since it was in broad daylight out on the street. It's really noticeable if someone would actually do that, especially while holding a dagger. I get the idea, but most of AC seems to focus on "hiding in plain sight". It's one of the tenets after all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure that La Volpe wouldn't have snuck up on Machiavelli like that if there were going to be witnesses, I'm pretty sure it was night, and the way he approached him was because La Volpe didn't want his footsteps to be heard.

I'd like it if Ezio could drop down the way the thieves do, but I wouldn't like to see him imitate them all too much. That would be taking their appeal away.

Brandonmac10
08-03-2011, 10:25 AM
When Ezio assassinates from behind he should be able to stab quickly and keep walking.

Warforger
08-03-2011, 11:14 AM
What? Real life assasin's did not run around on the roof, they did not wear their bed sheets as clothes and expect to blend in, they did not have hidden blades in their arms. What they do is study their enemy and their routines, if they were going somewhere they would intercept them there and kill them, or the more professional would make it look like it was a natural death so no one even suspects anyone killed them. That's how assasin's in real life work, if they worked like in Assasin's Creed EVERYONE would know about them. Trying to put realism in this game is laughable as it would make the game extremely boring.

SixKeys
08-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
I'm pretty sure that La Volpe wouldn't have snuck up on Machiavelli like that if there were going to be witnesses, I'm pretty sure it was night, and the way he approached him was because La Volpe didn't want his footsteps to be heard.

It can be any time of day in the cutscene depending on when you do the mission. So it can either be nighttime or broad daylight.

The whole point of being a sneaky assassin is not acting out of the ordinary. It does look really obvious and stupid if you're crouching behind your target on a busy street. Makes much more sense to casually bump into them and poison them without them even realizing.

maxer6
08-03-2011, 02:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:

Yeah, but he was referring to La Volpe sneaking up to Machiavelli I believe, which really looked kinda bizarre to me since it was in broad daylight out on the street. It's really noticeable if someone would actually do that, especially while holding a dagger. I get the idea, but most of AC seems to focus on "hiding in plain sight". It's one of the tenets after all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When sneaking into a stronghold the stealth should be less clumsy.

maxer6
08-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Warforger:
What? Real life assasin's did not run around on the roof, they did not wear their bed sheets as clothes and expect to blend in, they did not have hidden blades in their arms. What they do is study their enemy and their routines, if they were going somewhere they would intercept them there and kill them, or the more professional would make it look like it was a natural death so no one even suspects anyone killed them. That's how assasin's in real life work, if they worked like in Assasin's Creed EVERYONE would know about them. Trying to put realism in this game is laughable as it would make the game extremely boring.

I meant fictional assassins

LightRey
08-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by maxer6:

When sneaking into a stronghold the stealth should be less clumsy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That, I can kinda agree with. I'd like to see some actual sneaking around there yes. However, I don't mind it that much, it would just be a nice addition.

nickfern19
08-03-2011, 05:39 PM
I like social stealth the way it is, but when a guard sees you and you have to turn a corner and pan your camera around to see if he's gone, it just doesn't feel right. I don't want this game to turn into Splinter Cell either, but maybe add an optional button to take cover on a wall or something? So you could look around the corner and see if anyone's there? If you've ever held the high profile button and run up to a wall, Ezio sort of leans/pushes against it. They could use that but turn it into a super stealthy action.

NewBlade200
08-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Or they could pool their resources into their social stealth, rather than putting it into this, or the combat they seem intent on breaking beyond even Bob the Builder's healing wrath.

naran6142
08-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by nickfern19:
I like social stealth the way it is, but when a guard sees you and you have to turn a corner and pan your camera around to see if he's gone, it just doesn't feel right. I don't want this game to turn into Splinter Cell either, but maybe add an optional button to take cover on a wall or something? So you could look around the corner and see if anyone's there? If you've ever held the high profile button and run up to a wall, Ezio sort of leans/pushes against it. They could use that but turn it into a super stealthy action.

This.

Stealth is the least fluid of all the main mechanic. I completely agree that there should be a cover control. On the controls it could take the place of center camera or first person camera. Maybe not those but I think it wouldn't be hard to move the controls over a bit.

Problem with a cover system is that going from cover to standing or the other way around can be messy. Uncharted 2 did it really well.

It be kinda cool to do a around the corner assassination and it make breaking the line of sight easier and more interesting.

Doubt this will be in ACR and I dont mind but I would really like to this in a future AC

nickfern19
08-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nickfern19:

This.

Stealth is the least fluid of all the main mechanic. I completely agree that there should be a cover control. On the controls it could take the place of center camera or first person camera. Maybe not those but I think it wouldn't be hard to move the controls over a bit.

Problem with a cover system is that going from cover to standing or the other way around can be messy. Uncharted 2 did it really well.

It be kinda cool to do a around the corner assassination and it make breaking the line of sight easier and more interesting.

Doubt this will be in ACR and I dont mind but I would really like to this in a future AC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think in order for the controls to be kept in order you would have to replace the first person button or camera center since the other buttons represent head, hands, and legs. The only problem would be keeping the cover action from being sticky.

SixKeys
08-04-2011, 05:00 PM
My question is, how would adding an extra button/mechanic impact gameplay in any way? The guards' AI is pretty crap as it is, they don't do anything even if you're in a restricted area as long as you don't stand in their view longer than five seconds. If a crouch option actually impacted gameplay in any way (like it was the only way to avoid attracting an already suspicious guard's attention, sort of like the "blend" button in AC1), I could understand introducing it. But as long as the AI stays the way it is, one useless extra animation isn't going to matter to me.

nickfern19
08-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
My question is, how would adding an extra button/mechanic impact gameplay in any way? The guards' AI is pretty crap as it is, they don't do anything even if you're in a restricted area as long as you don't stand in their view longer than five seconds. If a crouch option actually impacted gameplay in any way (like it was the only way to avoid attracting an already suspicious guard's attention, sort of like the "blend" button in AC1), I could understand introducing it. But as long as the AI stays the way it is, one useless extra animation isn't going to matter to me.

I actually agree, they need to add a feature where guards can use reasoning and logic, so they get suspicious when you're climbing up a wall, drawing your weapon, or use the chance to attack you in combat when you're occupied. But I won't go much further, so we can stay on topic

naran6142
08-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by nickfern19:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

I actually agree, they need to add a feature where guards can use reasoning and logic, so they get suspicious when you're climbing up a wall, drawing your weapon, or use the chance to attack you in combat when you're occupied. But I won't go much further, so we can stay on topic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gaurds should always have a certain awareness of you like in AC1. if you stand around them for to long then they should attack you or if you do anything else that is obvious then they should attack you. in restricted areas once they spot you, they should investigate.

Some new information about ACR said that some gaurds will be able to spot you in group or something. So i think that the gaurd will be smarter in ACR

Black_Widow9
08-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Please post in one of the Feedback Threads without your Language.
Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>