PDA

View Full Version : Wait... Does Cesare love Lucrezia, or not? [SPOILERS IN THREAD!]

Rakudaton
01-13-2011, 06:07 AM
I can understand Lucrezia pretending to take a lover (Pietro) just to get Cesare's attention, and I think it's pretty obvious she actually loves Cesare (hence the scene where she's devastated -- "you are my sister, nothing more"). But how does Cesare really feel? Just before ordering Micheletto to kill Pietro, he says "Lucrezia is mine! No one else shall have her". But if he loved her, why does he later claim not to?

rob.davies2014
01-13-2011, 07:02 AM
You've played the game, you know what Cesare's like. I doubt someone of that cruelty would fall in love with anyone. I think he had sexual feelings towards Lucrezia and a feeling of controlling protectiveness for her. He's probably stabilized in the anal stage of his psycho-sexual development. But when all is said and done, power is what he truly loves. And the only thing he loves.

HeruGothmog
01-13-2011, 07:18 AM
Cesare loved only two things. Cesare and Power, in that order. His sister was only something that (to his mind) he owned and this was why he would kill anybody who would try to take her away. He would have felt much the same about someone trying to take his horse or anything else he laid claim to.

Ass4ssin8me
01-13-2011, 10:28 PM
You do, know that she really is his sister, right?

HeruGothmog
01-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
You do, know that she really is his sister, right? Yes. What difference does that make?

drizzit986
01-13-2011, 11:25 PM
He killed his brother to gain power, I would be surprised if he didnt take advantage of his siter as well to gain more power.

Alpha Ender
01-14-2011, 04:49 AM
Looking up the history of the Borgia family, Cesare did have Lucrezia's husbands murdered or they just conveniently died/got a divorce. I don't know if he actually cared for her or not, but he was very protective of her. Whether it was for reasons of passion or power, no one really knows, but you could easily say that he loved her for what she could give him, either in sexual terms or in terms of consolidation of power.