PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Beginners Guide to Playing IL2/PF Online...Please!!??

ytareh
12-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Hi all!First post!Four months into 'The Addiction'(theres gotta have been divorce cases that had Oleg/IL2 cited as a contributing factor!!!)Had no interest in PC (or any other)gaming beforehand.Can anyone help with an idiot proof guide to getting started with online flying or links to one.I have ran into dead ends with firewall,'port 21000'(?),playing via the disk-'multiplayer',tried hyperlobby etc.Also I accidentally installed Uber's UQMG parts 1 and 2 together and then read that the second part shouldnt have been installed till the first had been used.Try as I might I cant get it to work now even with complete uninstall/reinstall.Finally,anyone got any ideas on why my pc screen looks like denim with parallel stripes(!) when I first turn pc on every day,after BIOS/XP loading -fine when I press reset and on subsequent re/starts
once 'warmed up'.Many thanks to all who help out the newbies.Keep up the great work Oleg&Co.

ytareh
12-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Hi all!First post!Four months into 'The Addiction'(theres gotta have been divorce cases that had Oleg/IL2 cited as a contributing factor!!!)Had no interest in PC (or any other)gaming beforehand.Can anyone help with an idiot proof guide to getting started with online flying or links to one.I have ran into dead ends with firewall,'port 21000'(?),playing via the disk-'multiplayer',tried hyperlobby etc.Also I accidentally installed Uber's UQMG parts 1 and 2 together and then read that the second part shouldnt have been installed till the first had been used.Try as I might I cant get it to work now even with complete uninstall/reinstall.Finally,anyone got any ideas on why my pc screen looks like denim with parallel stripes(!) when I first turn pc on every day,after BIOS/XP loading -fine when I press reset and on subsequent re/starts
once 'warmed up'.Many thanks to all who help out the newbies.Keep up the great work Oleg&Co.

tsisqua
12-18-2004, 12:06 PM
Hihttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I highly suggest, if you haven't already, checking out the fansites on the main page, particularly the Airwarfare site.

http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/fansites.php

C Ya
Tsisqua