PDA

View Full Version : campaign generator and some other ?'s

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 06:41 PM
i got the DCG campaign generator. its for il2 and FB.
it has an aouto campaign generator that will generate mission automatically for you and you dont have to do anything.in instructions on how to use it it says FB.

does it work like that for il2 also? or just FB?

and when flying i use a steering wheel that i use for nascar 2003. i have the difficulty just a little easier than easy. but i still cant shoot any planes rarely.the steering wheel works very good.

and also in mission at the end when the plane lands i put it on autopilot cause i cant land it. i have unlimited ammo on so the ai just drops bombs comtinuosly and when iit lands the plane explodes. is there a way to stop that??

also its very hard for me to land a plane. why do i need to do to land it.i dont use half the controls you can use. just speed, guns, view, rudder, going up and down and turning, and flaps. i can take off with a plane but cant land. is there any other controls i should use to fly better?

what other things could i get to make the game better and fun for me??

and since im not very good at flying and have it very arcadish for me is it worth it to get FB? is there a auto campaign generator in it that is as good as DCG?

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 06:41 PM
i got the DCG campaign generator. its for il2 and FB.
it has an aouto campaign generator that will generate mission automatically for you and you dont have to do anything.in instructions on how to use it it says FB.

does it work like that for il2 also? or just FB?

and when flying i use a steering wheel that i use for nascar 2003. i have the difficulty just a little easier than easy. but i still cant shoot any planes rarely.the steering wheel works very good.

and also in mission at the end when the plane lands i put it on autopilot cause i cant land it. i have unlimited ammo on so the ai just drops bombs comtinuosly and when iit lands the plane explodes. is there a way to stop that??

also its very hard for me to land a plane. why do i need to do to land it.i dont use half the controls you can use. just speed, guns, view, rudder, going up and down and turning, and flaps. i can take off with a plane but cant land. is there any other controls i should use to fly better?

what other things could i get to make the game better and fun for me??

and since im not very good at flying and have it very arcadish for me is it worth it to get FB? is there a auto campaign generator in it that is as good as DCG?

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 10:38 PM
DCG works with FB....as to you settings turn on the more realistic ones and suffer through the learning process you will be a better pilot and have much more fun in the end. That steering wheel will work great with the bombers in the game (FB that is). We are also getting many more planes in the future that you many enjoy. As il2 is not seeing any further attention you a kicking a dead horse /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif .

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 11:09 PM
does it work for DCG to auto generate campaigns for the original il-2?

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 02:42 AM
Mudmovers has some good guides on how to fly several airplanes in IL2 and FB. This would include landing.

You need to turn on more realism so you can actually feel how the plane flies. Another trick is to take the plane up to 1000m and slow it down gradually until it stalls. Do that at each flap setting. Make note of the speed and throttle settings. Now you know the lowest speed and throttle settings you can use and still fly level.

On landing, approach just faster than this and fly just over the runway (or level ground if you run out of runway like I used to do all the time). Slowly ease off the throttle and let the plane settle to the ground. Do this enough and it gets a lot easier.