PDA

View Full Version : Bf-109 MW-50

animalmotherxd
08-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Ok, I was wondering if the BF-109 MW-50 boost really goves a boost in the game, 90% of the time I fly without it. But in the G-6A/S model I used it to catch up on a spit, and it totally cocked out on me, started smoking and whatnot and lost lots of power, could not fix. Well anyway... what happened? All i fly is the 109 and spitfires and mustangs are really hard to catch up to. AI in the game is always faster then me no matter what plane I have and i have the most updated version of FB+AEP+PF patched. Why does the AI seem to always catch up no matter what(except if engine is smoking)???
How long do these boosts last??? Is it a good amount of time???
And are thy really that effective???
I don't know, i wish the 109 was a little faster. It would amke not much sense to have a boost that cant lsat long during a fight, what happens when you run out??? Don't you need a break afterwards? Suck to need a break right when you about to down a plane...
I usually activate the boosts on G-10, G-6A/S, G-14 and K-4 while puting the engine on 110% then just activating it. I dont see any difference mayeb theres is a special way to do it, the G-A/S my engine just dies and i crashed. Any special ways? Bf-109 secrets also, anyone knows them please share...
Th 109's boost sytem and i dont get along, i have no idea how it works on any of these models
g-10, g6 AS, k4, g 14, bf109s. Do they all work the samel or is there a trick, they all have a problm when running the mw 50 boost and the 109's performance without it is hard to carry out.

3.JG51_BigBear
08-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Throttle back to zero, then engage MW-50, then go to full power and you're set. The speed of the AI v human pilots is known.

Xiolablu3
08-06-2005, 10:20 PM
MW50 makes a massive difference.

You dont have to throttle back to zero, just under 100% before you engage it.

VW-IceFire
08-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:

I burn it out doing that.

I always throttle the engine back to idle. At least under 20%. Then engage MW50, then rethrottle back up.

You can, as a matter of habit, enable MW50 as the engine is starting and leave it enabled. It only functions when you throttle past 100% anyways.

Badsight.
08-07-2005, 12:20 AM
leaving it off ensures the longest time running for your motor

Kocur_
08-07-2005, 03:29 AM
I flew a lot 109 before 4. You can safely engage MW-50 at 100% power exactly. But there is no (in-game) reason not to fly with it on ever since you turn on your engine. Flying with MW-50 at 100% power wont overheat your engine. I ve never experienced running out of MW-50 mixture itself...

EFG_beber
08-07-2005, 09:45 AM
You can engage mw-50 below 1.2 ata.

x__CRASH__x
08-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:

BS. You will smoke the motor.

Look, don't turn boost on and off. What you do is this: Make it part of your start up ritual. Above 100% is where it is actually used, so if you keep your throttle below 101% until you are ready to use it, you will have it.
Now, I don't know how long it lasts. In R/L I read that it only lasted a couple of minutes. But I don't know that I have ever run out. But I still baby the engine and the systems to make sure I have them when I need them.
FYI: I also fly with manual prop pitch ALL the time, keeping my RPMs at 2500 in the climb. 2000 while cruising, and less than 2800 in the fight.