View Full Version : Question about .exe files

DD_NL
11-25-2004, 02:57 AM
I have IL2 FB+AEP+PF 301M.
In the game folder I have 3 exe files:

il2.exe (11 kb)
il2fb.exe (11 kb)
il2fb_new.exe (17.946 kb)

When I click on il2.exe or il2fb.exe the game starts up normally, when I click on il2fb_new.exe nothing happens.
Is that how it is supposed to be? What is the difference with these 3 exe's?

DD_NL
11-25-2004, 02:57 AM
I have IL2 FB+AEP+PF 301M.
In the game folder I have 3 exe files:

il2.exe (11 kb)
il2fb.exe (11 kb)
il2fb_new.exe (17.946 kb)

When I click on il2.exe or il2fb.exe the game starts up normally, when I click on il2fb_new.exe nothing happens.
Is that how it is supposed to be? What is the difference with these 3 exe's?

Sandman_UK
11-25-2004, 08:22 AM
ILfb.exe is the default exe for starting the game. The _new version is the one recentley downloaded that helps the game run better, but with this .exe in there you have to have the CD in the Drive and not have any dodgy version of the rts.dll CD crask for it to work. So if it is not working for you then you either do not have the CD in, in which case it should tell you that. Or as i suspect, you have the NO CD hack version in there.

Once you decide that you want the _new.exe as your standard start file you can rename it to il2fb.exe and it will be recogniused by all the online servers when you start up, either that or you can redirect them to the new exe file.

But keep your old one just in case, I just renamed mine to _old.exe so it is still there if you need it.

DD_NL
11-25-2004, 03:09 PM
Got it to work, doh. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif