PDA

View Full Version : original IL2 to FB?

Gr8r_Swiss
11-24-2004, 05:19 PM
I have a buddy that has the original IL2 (NOT Forgotten Battles)

Is there a patch to update him to FB? everytime I go to patches/updates here it is for PF and says coming soon.

Or does he need to buy it again?
Flash

tsisqua
11-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Hi!

Even though FB is a reworked IL2, FB is, and can only be installed as a seperate product. I recomend the AEP Gold pack that contains FB, plus the Aces expansion. Pacific Fighters, however, can be installed as an addon, or as a standalone, or both.

Sorry, it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Tsisqua

WTE_Galway
11-24-2004, 08:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gr8r_Swiss:
I have a buddy that has the original IL2 (NOT Forgotten Battles)

Is there a patch to update him to FB? everytime I go to patches/updates here it is for PF and says coming soon.

Or does he need to buy it again?
Flash <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

patching the original boxed IL2 (with the IL2 patches not the FB patches) will add a stack of extra aircraft but it does not turn it into FB

If he buys FB he gets all the original IL2 planes plus the 20 or so extra's that came with Il2's patches plus some extra FB only aircraft straight out of the box

If he is serious the best bet is to buy IL2 Gold (which takes him up to AEP standard) and then either patch that or install Pacific Fighters over it.

Skycat_2
11-25-2004, 01:02 AM
There is no patch or add-on that will upgrade "IL-2 Sturmovik" to "Forgotten Battles."

Support for original "IL-2 Sturmovik" stops at patch v1.20, which was released long before "Forgotten Battles."

"Forgotten Battles" was originally to be simply an 'add-on' to IL-2, but supposedly required such drastic code rewrites that in the end the IL-2 portion was fused with the add-on portion to create a 'new' title.

The "Gold Pack" (FB + AEP) has so much material for such a low price ($30 or less in U.S.) that even if you balk at having to 'pay again' for the original IL-2 material, applying the full cost only to the remaining all-new flyables and maps still makes it a remarkably cheap investment ... especially when you consider that many of the new aircraft have unique and highly specialized functions.

Tully__
11-25-2004, 04:29 AM
For the original IL2 Sturmovik patches, go to 3DGamers Sturmovik Downloads (http://www.3dgamers.com/games/il2sturmovik/downloads/). He'll need:

1.1a (about 73.4MB)
1.2 (about 28.4MB)

An optional extra is 1.2ov (about 38.1MB) which allows the use of modified or 3rd party voice files for the AI pilots. It only works properly if installed after the other two patches and doesn't add any functionality beyond the extra flexibility with voices.