PDA

View Full Version : a humble suggestion for HL

MrQBerrt
01-14-2005, 03:47 PM
When I finally get onto HL, it often seems that about 700 of those in HL are in game already. Why do they still need to be in HL? If players left or were kicked out of HL a few minutes after they started playing, I bet HL would have a lot less load.

Well I'm sure my plan has a ton of holes in it, so please let me know what they are.

MrQBerrt
01-14-2005, 03:47 PM
When I finally get onto HL, it often seems that about 700 of those in HL are in game already. Why do they still need to be in HL? If players left or were kicked out of HL a few minutes after they started playing, I bet HL would have a lot less load.

Well I'm sure my plan has a ton of holes in it, so please let me know what they are.

MrQBerrt
01-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Well, I guess nobody sees any real flaws in this plan yet (either that or no one is really interested).
So I guess I'll post one of my own. One of the nice things about HL is finding out what server your friends are on. Kicking players once they join would keep me from finding my friends as easily.
However, between not finding my friends and not being able to get on HL at all, I'd choose not finding my friends. Also, HL could potentially be modified so that only the Hosts don't get kicked and these Hosts could keep a list of all players flying in their servers. Then the in-game list could be populated based upon the host lists. From a users perspective, functionality would remain the same, and from the admin's perspective, a minimal amount of code would have to be changed (Depending on how the code was originally written).

13sqGambler
01-18-2005, 11:52 AM
First "hole shot"...finding friends is fairly easy in HL, using the Friends List.