PDA

View Full Version : CH USB combatstick 568 or fighterstick?

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 03:26 PM
So, I'm ready to order but I can't choose which one of these!
Could you please advise?

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 03:26 PM
So, I'm ready to order but I can't choose which one of these!
Could you please advise?

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 04:11 PM
I've had the USB combatstick 568 and the USB pro pedals for almost two years. They both work very well with no problems.

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 04:18 PM
All I can say is that I have all of the joysticks/HOTAS out there, and none of them compair to my CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle. They are lite, lots'o programmable buttons, and no tension what so ever. Out of the box, it feels like you have owned it for years. And as a bonus, they come with a 3 year warrenty and superb tech support if needed. If you have the money, buy both.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion. Yours and others my vary.

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 04:29 PM
Definitely I will buy PRO Throttle too.
The only thing that worries me is that Fighterstick has only 3 buttons (instead of Combatstick's 6 buttons).
That's why I ask...

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 05:25 PM
The Fighterstick actually has the most switches, even though at first glance they seem almost identical,
quite a few more than the Combatstick because there
are more 4-way switches and the 8-way view hat.
Plus there is a 3 mode function that will allow almost
three times the number of assignments.
I used the analog equivilent of Combatstick for many years, (along with the ProThrottle) and was a happy camper. The analog prothrottle had a bad habit of losing contact with the computer sometimes so I eventually removed it and flew IL2 with only the Combatstick (6 buttons, two 4-way switches) but with all the commands needed for IL2 I still used the keyboard a lot.
With a new computer system I orderd the USB Fighterstick and ProPedals, figuered I had enough buttons with it
(4 buttons, three 4-way, and one 8-way switches).
I have not taken the time to learn to program the different modes, which would give me 3 times the number of switches, so I still need the keyboard for a few things, but just about all of the frequently used commands will fit on the Fighterstick, and with the modes I'm sure almost all would fit. I've used CH since the original Flightstick (2-buttons) and have never been disappointed. Excellent product and support. (I don't work for them)

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 05:48 PM
If I was you Id get this

Combatstick 568 USB

I Have the 565-F Combat stick its the same as the 568 its awsome I have 2 of them & 1 usb pro throttle.

Ive owned every single flight stick ever made except cougar & ffb2 & the Combatstick 568 USB are the absolute best hands down !!!

p.s. you might consider looking into a USB 2.0 PCI card with an NEC or Intel Chipset works very very good with CH products.

If you have a Via USB chipset definataly get the NEC usb2.0 card. As Via USB chipset & Ch products dont get along together very well........

Call CH & talk to there Tech support about your USB Controler (CHIPSET) there very helpfull best tech support on the planet

<CENTER> http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_109_1065290873.jpg </center>