PDA

View Full Version : Breakable stuff!

schoolboytom
01-01-2008, 04:40 PM
From when my friend first told me about this game i was so excited to get it... i watched all the videos, all the demos and tried to find out everything about anything on the game until its release. (i know kinda sad ^^).

So ive played the game through start to finish and working on all the extras and achievements.... and i got to thinking. In the game demo. Especially the one with the woman testing it out... she mentioned how everythin was dynamic and real and how u can manipulate things like when she hacked down a wooden structure to block the guards chasing her. Now i was like, Hey How Come I Can't Do That, im not sure if im missing something really big or its just not possible but i did notice if you throw guards into some of the smaller ones they break.... so maybe they've cut it out or im just really dumb and completely missing a major feature...

feedback on the question and answer would be much appreciated. If there was a previous thread on this im sorry but i tried a few searches and couldn't find anything

schoolboytom
01-01-2008, 04:40 PM
From when my friend first told me about this game i was so excited to get it... i watched all the videos, all the demos and tried to find out everything about anything on the game until its release. (i know kinda sad ^^).

So ive played the game through start to finish and working on all the extras and achievements.... and i got to thinking. In the game demo. Especially the one with the woman testing it out... she mentioned how everythin was dynamic and real and how u can manipulate things like when she hacked down a wooden structure to block the guards chasing her. Now i was like, Hey How Come I Can't Do That, im not sure if im missing something really big or its just not possible but i did notice if you throw guards into some of the smaller ones they break.... so maybe they've cut it out or im just really dumb and completely missing a major feature...

feedback on the question and answer would be much appreciated. If there was a previous thread on this im sorry but i tried a few searches and couldn't find anything

Kid_Phazon
01-01-2008, 04:43 PM
I've never seen the demos, but if thats true I'm with ya.

the_assassin_07
01-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah I was recently thinking that too. If you throw someone into a wooden thing it falls but it's nothing like they showed in the gameplay video..

schoolboytom
01-01-2008, 05:05 PM
thanks for the feedback.... Assassin

and Kid_phazon im sure if you type assassins creed demo into youtube or something like that you will find it.

Anyone else who has any answers or can provide more information on the this please post..

would be grand,

ta,

Cederoo
01-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Hello, I also wondered about this. I too have pushed some people into some small weird wooden stuff, but they just collapse on him and he dies.
But I really looked forward to stuff like breaking that thing in the demo video.

Also in the demo video he rides with a horse in the town, maybe I'm just stupid but I can't seem to ride it in there?

Kid_Phazon
01-01-2008, 05:31 PM
I think that the town in the vid is the little communities around the kingdom.

schoolboytom
01-01-2008, 05:37 PM
yes i thought that.... in the demo he actually rides into the town and gets off...

now they seem have blocked that from us completely.....

i guess they have their reasons..... its would probably be very annoying allowing someone to ride up and down the streets on a horse... i guess there would be way to many bugs and glitches where the horse got stuck.

Another thing i noticed in the demo is how the part she played, the assassination of William of Montferat, was completely different to how you play it in the game. Not only is the entrace (where the horse rides up to the city) not there it also enters a different part of the city. And He is doing something completely different.

Now because of this demo i thought that it just made the game what it is.... but although i love the game its not anything like the demo.... i feel that there is absolutely no need for eagle vision as every target you have to assassinate appears in a clip for you so you don't need to figure out which one it is. And the clip sort of stops you from freely choosing how you assassinate him.... unless you run off and comeback later (which you are not going to do) you know where he is and basically get pushed towards doing the assassination when the developers want you to assassinate him.....

hmm sorry bou7t this post guys went a bit off topic ^^ went on more about the demo to the actual topic of breaking stuff ..... i loved breaking stuff... hehe

keep this condo going plz i do enjoy chatting about these sorts of topics and i would like answers.... or at least other opinions.....

Phreaky_McGeek
01-01-2008, 05:37 PM
That demo was an early version of Acre. Hardly any scenery in that video exists in the final product.

I dunno about structures though. I can just walk upto them and hit X to slice them down. Sometimes it takes a few goes, occasionally it doesn't work at all, but it's slightly irritating that they put an important gameplay mechanic in an early version and then put a half-baked attempt in the real thing.

Crash_Plague
01-01-2008, 06:44 PM
yeah, they took a whole lot of awesome stuff out of the early version of the game, and I really think it would have been better had they kept they stuff from back then, rather it was the scenery or the gameplay.

jcody
01-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Not only that, but didn't they mention using a body as a shield in that demo too?

Robbinho1992
01-01-2008, 07:21 PM
At one point in a demo, altair uses a gurad to block an arrow. Ive also done this by just throwing a guard in the archers direction...Think thats the shield thing.

But as Phreaky Said, it was an earlier version of Acre or Just a Place they ahd made for the spefic demo.

schoolboytom
01-02-2008, 07:36 AM
i guess but i think a body shield would have been cool... u know let him take the stabs for you.....

and i would of thought being an assassin he may want to assassinate someone and not let the body be found... so surely you would of thought that he would be able to drag bodies... that would have been useful for me during the game....

deskpe
01-02-2008, 07:43 AM
the "shield" part, was just altair grabbing a guard while another guard was shooting, and you can do that in the game, the arrows wont go through ppl, lol, and that wasnt a demo they showed that in, it was the monferrad? mission.

but hey! abit more splinter cell-ish could be nice, i want both shadow and social stealth

schoolboytom
01-02-2008, 07:50 AM
lol talking of guards and shields sometimes when im fighting loads of guards they go to attack me but end up slicing one of their own men....lol.... happened to me a lot i only need to kill about 7 out 13 enemies... they kill each, lol, by accident of course

avsrule247
01-02-2008, 08:30 AM
There are many breakable things, but if you are referring to the large wooden structure, then I think it was taken out of the game because it wasn't practical to hit a beam with your sword and make it fall down.

schoolboytom
01-02-2008, 09:20 AM
i guess but still it would be cool to block your escape........ and the 'model' of acre in the demo is somewhat better than some parts of it now..., but not all ... hehe my opinion

Zombieman7
01-02-2008, 06:33 PM
What would be the thrill of making obstacales for the guards,I would fight them all there at that spot.Not only that I would make it a friggen toll road for guards the toll is there life.Piles and piles of bodys laying in the street.