PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Battles IL2 (the plane)& ground attack articles/tutorials ?

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 05:10 AM
Can someone point me to the best / their favorite articles on ground attack & the IL2 (also Stuka/fighter bombers)
??

Thank you,

Message Edited on 10/01/0309:10AM by Saburo_0

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 05:10 AM
Can someone point me to the best / their favorite articles on ground attack & the IL2 (also Stuka/fighter bombers)
??

Thank you,

Message Edited on 10/01/0309:10AM by Saburo_0

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 06:10 AM
I'd be interested in this too...

bump

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 11:18 AM
It sounds cool to get something on this.

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 12:07 PM
At the moment you can't use tracks as a tutorial, sorry! Why? Because there is a bug in track-recording (see below)...

----------

Videos after 1.11 still wrong:

In IL-2 FB v.1.11 the *.ntrk videos are still not showing what they should!!!

Example:

If I attack a FLAK-vehicle in a convoy and kill it, in the Video you can't see the kill. In the video the FLAK-vehicle drives not at the same place in the convoy as during the original flight!

That's why my plane (in the video) shoots in the empty space between the other convoy-vehicles, where the FLAK should be (and where it was in the original Mission!).

This means, that the FLAK is still shooting at me, even if it should already be dead!!!!!

georgeo76 wrote:
- Were you using time compression? If you speed up the
- time, trks will get screwed up.

No. I tried my test-mission (just my plane, and a few vehicels on a road near the Airfield) in 100 different ways. I tried with different graphics-settings, different planes, different vehicles, with time compression, without time compression, *.trk, *.ntrk, etc. I even tried to give the vehicels a short stop at the first waypoint (I hoped they would line up correctly there in the video) - NO CHANCE!

The FLAK-vehicels DON'T KEEP the same position in the convoy (in the track) as they did in the original flight.

For me, this is the most disturbing bug in the game at the moment. Because as a mudmover you have NO CHANCE to review your victories in a track.

I think it's a shame, that this bug still exists, because recording your flight is one of the basic elements of the game - and it doesen't work properly.

Fliegergr├╝sse

http://home.tiscalinet.ch/meyera/Bilder/Wolkenbeisser1a.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 04:32 PM
bump.

Tully ??

Read some nice comments by you in another thread.

Try to post what i have so far when i get home. but it's not a lot.

Any squads that specialize in ground pounding ?

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 04:54 PM
id like some guides too /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
i was thinkin of making a training campaign(s)
ie set piece attacks for all different kind of aircraft/target/loadout

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 05:18 PM
I recall from Tully's post that he said he tries to keep his speed up around 300kph , fire short bursts from far out & break off before you get too close.

I use the 2 .30 cal mgs to see line up sometimes (convergence set same as 20mm -but round trajectory will be different...)

If you fire the cannon seperately you don't have to contend with the muzzle flash from the nose guns... at the expense of the extra bullets tho.

In the version with the 37mm cannon i think Tully said to kep the speed above 270 km/h.

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 05:23 PM
I find ground attack the easiest part of the game. I mean, the ground is larger than any plane, even the big bombers, AND it doesn`t move. Actually I can`t recall the last time I attacked the ground and missed. Which is probably why you don`t get points for hitting it.

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 12:49 AM
BUMP