PDA

View Full Version : Theory for a possible new character in Brotherhood

D-Volpe
11-04-2010, 08:57 PM
I've been doing some research for a while to figure out what new characters might be in Brotherhood, and recently I hit Jackpot...big time. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Albrecht Durer:
A native of Nuremburg, Albrecht Durer is considered to be by many to be the greatest aritst of the northern renaissance. He made two recorded journeys to Italy, one in 1494-1495 and the other in 1505-1507; the latter of which has very few recorded details. Durer was well known throughout Europe for his woodcuts, and was on good terms with many artists including Raphael and Leonardo da Vinci.

In short, my theory is that Durer is the Master of the German Assassin Order, or an Assassin Apprentice. For proof, one only needs to look at Durer's 1498 self portrait for the clues.
http://www.jim3dlong.com/1498_Albrecht_Durer_Self-Portrait-WR400.jpg

Here are the clues I see in the portrait:

1. The Outfit - The black and white coloring of the outfit fits the description of an assassin apprentice completely, or a Master assassin to some degree, since what would be popular in Germany would be different compared to the fashion Northern/Central Italy.

2. The Cape - Ezio and the apprentices are always seen rocking their capes when on the job no matter what, and Durer is definitely wearing a black cape in the portrait; perfect for hiding a hidden blade.

3. The Hands and Forearms - Durer's forearms are shown with the wrists hidden from view in the portrait. One could say that the gloves are merely a coincidence; or a way to hide the dual hidden blades.

4. The Initals - Durer has a way of leaving his signature mark in his works where a large letter A is encompassing a smaller D; very similar to a variation of the Assassin symbol

gamertam
11-04-2010, 10:41 PM
There's maybe a discrepancy in your theory, first as i understand it. There's will be between 12 to 14 characters in total. You can see it in the pages of GameInformer 211 issue as well as Official Xbox Magazine Dec. 2010 issue. The pictures clearly show 11 total as of now, while more will reveal later.

Anyway, in-order to join in the brotherhood. Ezio must rescue a common man around Rome then ask or recruit him/her into the brotherhod. Durer, he certainly looks the part though but i doubt he will be in ACB. I'm just speculating really. character twist in the story?

extrememuffin
11-04-2010, 11:18 PM
i think it could work. if he was a friend of Leonardos then maybe near the end of the game he comes to Rome to visit Leo and Leo introduces him to Ezio. together Leo and Durer build a gadget for Ezio's fight against Ceseare Borgia

Blazingdomino
11-05-2010, 01:28 AM
Maybe he does visit Leo, but remember, Leo is working for the Borgia, and maybe he wont be able to meet this man.
He does look like an Assassin, but I HIGHLEY doubt that he will be in the game. If he is, I will eat my cat.

D-Volpe
11-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Maybe he does visit Leo, but remember, Leo is working for the Borgia, and maybe he wont be able to meet this man.
He does look like an Assassin, but I HIGHLEY doubt that he will be in the game. If he is, I will eat my cat.

I'll take up your offer on that one, lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Drakonous505
11-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Interesting...

extrememuffin
11-05-2010, 12:17 PM
...yes very intersting

Blazingdomino
11-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by D-Volpe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Maybe he does visit Leo, but remember, Leo is working for the Borgia, and maybe he wont be able to meet this man.

I'll take up your offer on that one, lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright, good.

Where did you find the picture anyway?

D-Volpe
11-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by D-Volpe:

quote:

I'll take up your offer on that one, lol

Alright, good.

Where did you find the picture anyway?

Its all over the internet, but i googled that one.