PDA

View Full Version : A few other questions...

ladlon
03-02-2006, 09:55 PM
1) Can you have moving ground objects loop through their waypoints, or will they always end on the last? I wouldn't mind having vehicals that drive around forever.

2) Is there a config setting for the speedbar unit type (metric/imperial), or do you have to change it in-game with the 'speedbar toggle'?

3) Is there any view that is good for watching bombs drop? (...and what about watching bombs drop on targets that aren't designated as official targets?)

4) Do planes have any indications to the pilot what weapons they are carrying (probably not), or if the weapons are still there (and/or the amount remaining)?

5) Can you release one bomb at a time?

6) Can random elements be put into single-player missions? If so, what, and how would you do that (...Point me to a tutorial if it's too much to write!)

7) How do you read the airspeed dial on the left side of the bombers station? Is that IAS or TAS?

Thanks again to those who have been responding to my previous questions. Great people on this forum!

ladlon
03-02-2006, 09:55 PM
1) Can you have moving ground objects loop through their waypoints, or will they always end on the last? I wouldn't mind having vehicals that drive around forever.

2) Is there a config setting for the speedbar unit type (metric/imperial), or do you have to change it in-game with the 'speedbar toggle'?

3) Is there any view that is good for watching bombs drop? (...and what about watching bombs drop on targets that aren't designated as official targets?)

4) Do planes have any indications to the pilot what weapons they are carrying (probably not), or if the weapons are still there (and/or the amount remaining)?

5) Can you release one bomb at a time?

6) Can random elements be put into single-player missions? If so, what, and how would you do that (...Point me to a tutorial if it's too much to write!)

7) How do you read the airspeed dial on the left side of the bombers station? Is that IAS or TAS?

Thanks again to those who have been responding to my previous questions. Great people on this forum!

FritzGryphon
03-02-2006, 10:49 PM
1. No. But if you put enough waypoints, they'll at least drive until the mission is over. Note, units cannot move in dogfight missions, only co-op.

2. Nothing in the conf.ini as far as I know.

3. There is no 'bomb view'. I usually use external camera and look down. Or, look through a bombsight at the target.

If I made the mission, position a static camera near the target.

4. Except for the ammo counters in some German planes, not that I know of.

5. You can't choose. Bombs seem to drop smallest to largest, in symmetrical pairs. Practically, releasing only one wing bomb would cause manuevering difficulties.

6. Not random, no. Though making crazy waypoints for an AI flight can be kind of random, or at least unpredictable.

7. If it's the same as what reads in the no-cockpit view, it's TAS. If it's the same as the speedbar, it's IAS.

ladlon
03-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the reply, FritzGryphon...

1) Is that the case with singleplayer too?
5) True enough about the balance... but it's odd that if you have several bombs in one station, you can't control the salvo rate.
6) Darn...
7) Ya, it's just unfortunate that the no-cockpit view is in metric, while the bombsight settings are in imperial. I'll start using the bombsight calculator now, I guess. I still can't figure out how to read the (hardware) airspeed dial on the left side of the bomber's station. Both needles seem to be the same size...