PDA

View Full Version : Counters?

MeAltairLol
07-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I just watched the Dev Diary, and something came to my attention... one of the counter kills is exactly the same as the one in AC1? The one where you like smash the sword on the guy's shoulder and then kick him off whilst he's on his knees?

I mean there were some really cool kills there, but having the same counter just kinda spoils it for me to be honest...

MeAltairLol
07-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I just watched the Dev Diary, and something came to my attention... one of the counter kills is exactly the same as the one in AC1? The one where you like smash the sword on the guy's shoulder and then kick him off whilst he's on his knees?

I mean there were some really cool kills there, but having the same counter just kinda spoils it for me to be honest...

theboyofcheese
07-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Yes, but now you have axes, spears, double kills and whatnot. PLUS, they seemed to have revamped it. I don't know if you guys noticed it, but it seems alot more... heavy and powerful. I think it's the sound.

Also, in the demo video on IGN, the guy messed up the double kill, and showed a normal high profile execution. The camera moved to align with his arm, in a way I haven't seen in the first ASsassin's Creed. And the sound is much more heavy and brutal, making it seem more powerful.

But anyways, the point is: Yes. It is basically the same animation, but it has been altered a bit. Don't worry about it, there's plenty new animations to keep your mind from being bothered by such things.