PDA

View Full Version : The tale of a PC user...

ASpieboy
07-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Hello Ubisoft. Remember me? I'm the guy that gave you my money. I bought the Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia packs. I got engrossed in the AC storyline. True, I was coming to the games late, so I never paid the full release price for anything, but I still added quite a few coins to your pockets.

Then I started having trouble in the middle of ACII. It was a game-breaking resolution problem. I couldn't even get to your logo. Every time I booted it up, I'd have to ctrl-alt-delete and hit log off, then quickly hit the cancel button. I couldn't even alt-tab out of it. That's how unplayable this thing was. So, like any good PC user, I contacted Ubisoft Tech Support.

Just admit it, OK? There is no tech support. It doesn't exist. All you have is a crappy automated message about drivers, even though I SPECIFICALLY SAID THE DRIVERS WERE NOT THE PROBLEM.

So, no tech support from the company. Great. Maybe all the help is on the forums. I ask a few questions, and what do I get? "BUY A BETTER SYSTEM N00B". Again, despite the fact that I CLEARLY STATED the game was running fine before I changed monitors.

Finally, I find a solution for the problem at considerable waste of time and brainpower. Yay. Of course, it's an awful solution. Worst resolution ever. Black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, and a slice of the game is cut off on the side. But hey, at least it's running. I finish the game. Decide I might as well buy Brotherhood. Sure, there might be problems, but I know how to fix them now, right?

Ubisoft, you really outdid yourself. It takes a special kind of stupid to actually make a problem with a game UNFIXABLE in the sequel. As it stands, I have not seen one bit of Brotherhood. I might as well have flushed my money down the toilet.

Now, I understand it's hard to port console games to the PC. I've come to expect bugs upon a game's release. But this game has been out for some time now. There is no excuse for this. I can deal with a poorly thought-out map navigation system, that again, took a step backward from one game to the next. But this is ridiculous.

I've had enough. I'm not lifting a finger to solve a problem that never should've occurred in the first place were it not for sheer laziness on Ubisoft's part. I did more than my share, now it's time to get a REAL tech support system in place and earn yourselves some customer loyalty. (I can just see Ubisoft executives scratching their heads at that last phrase.)

Calvarok
07-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Belongs in PC forum, sorry that your computer sucks.

JeremyJOwens
07-16-2011, 09:30 AM
I've never had a problem with the PC version other than the incredibly stupid lack of support for Z-Axis triggers on some forms of Xbox 360 controllers, that, and the extra wait to play the game.

LightRey
07-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
that, except I'm not sorry.

reini03
07-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:

Exactly. The fault is not on Ubi's side if your PC sucks. See, nobody else has the problem. And you still believe it's the game? Seriously, man...? It's SO obvious! The game worked fine until you started to use another monitor. What do you expect? The game auto-updated itself and added a bug? Uhm...

StarScream391
07-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

Exactly. The fault is not on Ubi's side if your PC sucks. See, nobody else has the problem. And you still believe it's the game? Seriously, man...? It's SO obvious! The game worked fine until you started to use another monitor. What do you expect? The game auto-updated itself and added a bug? Uhm... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually it is ubisoft's fault can't you see? If the game worked before he switched monitors then that means the game is not compatible with that specific monitor your probably a console gamer and don't have a clue...
To OP yes ubisoft doesn't care if you haven't noticed, all I can really say is play a different game if that solves the problem.

ASpieboy
07-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Same old story. XBOX morons don't want to accept that there could be a platform or two that is in every way superior to their crap, so whenever a PC user has a problem: BLAME IT ON THE HARDWARE!!! Never mind the fact that said hardware runs more recent and graphically advanced games. Just close your ears and shout LALALA until the big bad man who won't worship the Almighty Game Companies goes away.

RzaRecta357
07-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Holy asses.

Anyway, it's weird that it doesn't work on your monitor. What size and ratio does it do?

I know there are annoying black bars if you're not on widescreen.

But adjusting your resolutions around should always fix it. Maybe you need to hit the fullscreen button.

I just can't see how it's the monitors or the games fault. In todays day and age any new monitor you get is probably 16:9. Are you setting the resolution of the game to the same one you're monitor is running?

Xanatos2007
07-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Check the post dates before making one.

reini03
07-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Check the post dates before making one.

Hmm... I guess you've confused something. He posted it today, so...

Same old story. XBOX morons don't want to accept that there could be a platform or two that is in every way superior to their crap, so whenever a PC user has a problem: BLAME IT ON THE HARDWARE!!! Never mind the fact that said hardware runs more recent and graphically advanced games. Just close your ears and shout LALALA until the big bad man who won't worship the Almighty Game Companies goes away.

I'm kinda sorry, lol. There're some days where really everything ****es me off. I guess I should stop posting as soon as I realise it's such a day... ah, played too much ACB multiplayer.

ASpieboy
07-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Holy asses.

Anyway, it's weird that it doesn't work on your monitor. What size and ratio does it do?

I know there are annoying black bars if you're not on widescreen.

But adjusting your resolutions around should always fix it. Maybe you need to hit the fullscreen button.

I just can't see how it's the monitors or the games fault. In todays day and age any new monitor you get is probably 16:9. Are you setting the resolution of the game to the same one you're monitor is running?

I'm about 90% sure my monitor is 16:10. For Brotherhood, I've tried various resolutions by editing the .ini file, but no luck. (That's how I fixed AC2.) The black bars is the best looking resolution for AC2 I could find that wouldn't screw it up.

LadyGahan2010
07-16-2011, 01:10 PM
editing .ini file to change resolution? Wow. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
I'd advice you to make sure you are 100% sure about your monitor (and everything else) before you blame ANYONE, including Ubisoft's lack of support.

Animuses
07-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Didn't read it... this belongs in the PC section.

Originally posted by ASpieboy:
XBOX morons don't want to accept that there could be a platform or two that is in every way superior to their crap.

That made be laugh a little.

ASpieboy
07-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
Didn't read it... this belongs in the PC section.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ASpieboy:
XBOX morons don't want to accept that there could be a platform or two that is in every way superior to their crap.

That made be laugh a little. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't read it... but you quoted it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Animuses
07-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Didn't read the original post, I read the line from yours when I was skimming down because I saw "XBOX morons".

itsamea-mario
07-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Bloody pc gamers, bunch of elitist bar stewards who think they and their funky gaming pc are gods gift not only to gaming but pretty much everything, then complain when something is not up to their godly standards.

Black_Widow9
07-16-2011, 01:46 PM
@ ASpieboy-
Please check your question here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/1841076439?r=6481076439#6481076439) and provide us with answers so we can try to help you. I suggest you update your Ticket with Ubisoft Support if your issue has not been fixed. You have stated previously that you have the Steam version. Have you tried contacting Steam Support (https://support.steampowered.com/)?

Creating multiple Topics for the same issue is considered Spamming so please read the Forum Rules.
Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>