PDA

View Full Version : How to cheat online in FB, and will it finally get patch fixed, Oleg?

Hawgdog
02-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Heres what SUCKS about wonderwoman view, and makes cockpit/externals pointless.
I finally figured out why you only see arcade and stuck in cockpit games.
Fix this please Oleg.

How to cheat in IL2 Online- A Tutoral

Hop in your plane-
while sitting on the runway-
go to external to view the enemy plane. While there, click "closest external friendly" (you have to map the key) When you are close enough to a friendly (actually- YOUR enemy) it will ID that plane.
Now, go back to your cockpit and click "padlock closest external enemy"
Guess what, you have 50 mile radar that points you magically to that plane you ID'd a moment ago.
I wish Oleg would fix this, it might help cockpit external servers take off. Dont care for full cockpit.
regards-

anarchy52
02-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Hawgdog:
Fix this please Oleg.

Hop in your plane-
go to external to view the enemy plane. While there, click "closest external friendly" (you have to map the key) When you are close enough to a friendly (actually- YOUR enemy) it will ID that plane.
Guess what, you have 50 mile radar that points you magically to that plane you ID'd a moment ago.
I wish Oleg would fix this, it might help cockpit external servers take off. Dont care for full cockpit.
regards-
?
No comprende
And don't care about 'wonderwoman' servers.
BTW why do they call it 'wonderwoman'?

Dunkelgrun
02-05-2006, 07:35 AM
Well, without wishing to restart any of the old 'cockpit/externals off/on is best' arguments this doesn't bother me, purely because I only seek out servers that are 'pit on/externals off'.
I am mediocre enough at this sim without giving everybody another extra advantage over me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I've never used padlock either, but I don't mind if others do - it's just not for me.

Cheers!

Brain32
02-05-2006, 07:39 AM
I don't see how is a 50mile radar a problem when you already use WW. So I'm completely indifferent about the issue http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

x6BL_Brando
02-05-2006, 07:41 AM
'Wonderwoman view' is exactly the reason I gave up flying in d/f arenas - that and the stat-hounds who'd rather exit the game than give away a kill!

Hawgdog
02-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Padlock is fine- as long as its limited.
If you're in cockpit and dont have trackIR, you are at a serious disadvantage. Not talking about that.

Talking about the ability to padlock someone who is way way out of the range of padlock if you just stab away at the F6 for example- its limited to .2 to .5 depending on server- the trick I found out about lets you padlock at the other end of the map, and needs to be fixed.
I'm not hashing "whats best" for servers, I'm hashing one heck of an exploit that some didnt know about

SeaFireLIV
02-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Well I don`t do wonder-woman and have externals off when online. the way i see it, fly mostly realistic to avoid such problems when online. Which is how it should be anayway.

@anarchy52 :

`Wonderwoman` is when you fly with no cockpit, so you see nothing of your plane. It is as if you`re flying by yourself in the air, like Superman.

Calling it `Wonderwoman` is a male-orientated term to make those no cockpit fliers feel girlie or unmacho for flying in such an unrealistic manner. Personally, I think it`s quite apt. I suppose the term wouldn`t really affect female fliers.

Clan_Graham
02-05-2006, 07:59 AM
Fix this please Oleg.

Hop in your plane-
regards-

So....how exactly did you come to discover this?
Were you looking for a cheat?
Or were you doing something else (?) and just came across it? Don't get me wrong, I'm not slamming you. I just can't imagine what it was you may have been trying to do when you came upon this little cheat.

jds1978
02-05-2006, 08:12 AM
I am mediocre enough at this sim without giving everybody another extra advantage over me.

ditto http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Bearcat99
02-05-2006, 08:20 AM
I love externals.... the sim is just too darn good looking to pass them up. Icons... well they have thier place AFAIC.... but I dont mind flying without them... or with them if they are really set tight. What I would like to see is padlock seperated.... say seperately settable padlock for air and ground as well as internal and external. For me very often the only way I can see the ground targets on some missions is to padlock them. While true real life pilots didnt have padlock perse (They used thier eyes...) It was much easier to see real ground targets than it is too see them in this sim. I also don't mind air padlock.. but I can do with out it. It would be nice if you could split the padlocks 1 of 2-4 ways.

1-Padlock external on/off
2-Padlock internal on/off
3-Enemy/friendly air on/off
4-Enemy/friendly ground on/off

I always thought that padlock was set according to the RCU but it isnt now that I think about it.... I believe it should be though. Generally as far as I am concerned the only way to fly in open pit view is to have no padlock and no icons... lets face it.. if you have an open pit that should be all you need. If you cant maintain your SA in an open pit server with no icons or padlock then tough knuggies. IMO the only viable settings worth a darn in order of challenge level ... and again this is just my opinion to each his own... are:
1-Open pit w externals - no padlock no icons
2-Open pit with no externals, no icons and no padlock
3-Closed pit w limited icons, externals & padlock
4-Closed pit w no icons externals and padlock
5-closed pit w externals, no icons no padlock
6-Full immersion no nothin but cockpit and sky.

Of course map icons are always a no no to me.... Speedbar is an option that IMO should be allowed as it gives no player an advantage over another... and if you prefer to use the gauges... like I do mostly then great.

Xiolablu3
02-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Should be fixed, good call Hawgdog.

If he did want to cheat why would he bring this too everyones attention? I have flown with 'TheDawg' many times and he is a totally honourable flyer.

Number 5 on Bearcats bottom list would be many peoples favourite I think, buyt its not possible to have externals without padlock yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. We have had threads inthe ready room asking for it, but no response as yet.

Ignore the 'well you shouldnt fly with those settings anyway' fly how you want.

My favourite 2 servers use externals, so I would like this fixed.

Hawgdog
02-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Clan_Graham:

So....how exactly did you come to discover this?
Were you looking for a cheat?
Or were you doing something else (?) and just came across it? Don't get me wrong, I'm not slamming you.

I was flying in a coop.
I was trying to figure out where the fighters had gotten to- I-16 vs. 109 and they outran us.
I'm familiar with the map, so I kept looking at them trying to figure out where they were going to land- I accidently discovered it. On TS told my squaddie to try it. IT worked.
Later on on the UK server I mentioned it and found out it wasn't unheard of, or even uncommon.
I didnt know about till Thursday night.
Did you? Anyone else know about this?
How hard to fix before patch comes out?

I LOVE externals. Even better in small servers with skin downloads on, or in Co-ops where the mapper took the painful time to use static cameras, and install correct skins on the various planes you go against. When you die, you get to either look..........and laugh.......at your teammates or check out the detailing.
Some mappers are extraordinarily attentive to detail. Static cameras are worthless stuck in cockpit. I paid for the whole game since 2001 and want to see it!

WWSensei
02-05-2006, 09:15 AM
I'm familiar with the map, so I kept looking at them trying to figure out where they were going to land- I accidently discovered it.

So you are complaining because you found another way to find an enemy BESIDES an all seeing eye that lets you view your enemies location? While I agree it's a bug I don't see it as a game ending one.

I mean, really, once you have the Hollywood Spy Satellite that lets you find your enemy and ID his location on the map it's kind of moot point if padlock points in his direction.

I like externals on for looking around after I'm down and seeing the various battles. It's pretty cool. But if you are going to use one unrealistic exploit to find enemy aircraft, whining about another one just seems kind of silly.

It's like arguing that someone is going 76 mph while you're going 75.5 mph and the speed limit is 55...

Daiichidoku
02-05-2006, 09:16 AM
i discovered this by acciendent quite some time ago

dont think of it as a cheat, but of "GCI"

Hawgdawg, do you feel the same way about VVS fliers with comms?..after all, many units were lucky to even have a commander's ship equiped with a transmitter...and that, itself, was probably of some lesser quality unit than those the german, british and maericans used, and suffered from unservicability, commonly

i totally agree with BC's suggestion tho...this game (or BoB, at least) needs far more scalability

id even like to see, much like janes, arrows that could be toggled on or off, and adjustable as to number seen, regardless of cockpit on or off (not everyone has TIR!)

@Seafire

i think the WW part is from Wondr Womans famous "invisible plane"

Hawgdog
02-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Hey, if you dont get it just move on.

comms? Half of the conversation on comms isn't about the game.

Sensei doesnt mean what it used to mean I guess

LEBillfish
02-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Why quite simply the Shift+F2/F6/F7 & Ctrl+F2/F6/F7 keys need a simple switch so they can be disabled "server side".......

In that way you still get the benefits of eyecandy & padlock (once you have a target in center of your view)......Yet lose all the cheats that go with it....

That really is the ideal fix, as you then bridge the gap between externals and closed/locked in cockpit.

LT.INSTG8R
02-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Calling it `Wonderwoman` is a male-orientated term to make those no cockpit fliers feel girlie or unmacho for flying in such an unrealistic manner. Personally, I think it`s quite apt. I suppose the term wouldn`t really affect female fliers.

Well not exactly Wonder Woman flew an invisible plane so I think that is more the reference than the girlie pilot thing(tho I dont ever use it as it kinda defeats the "sim" part not to mention to me it feels terribly disorienting)

IVJG51_Animal
02-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Why is it considered a cheat, when you are flying in a server that allows external views? It seems the unrealistic external view is a cheat in itself. Instead of Oleg fixing it, just fly without external views, and problem is solved.........right?

S!!
Animal

Grey_Mouser67
02-05-2006, 09:47 AM
There are a number of pretty simple fixes...at least I think they are simple...that could really enhance online play.

1. external...all selectable including external, player to target external, flyby...I just love the externals, but not the exploits.

2. Airstart bases with selectable altitudes...so we can spawn planes at 25,000 ft if we want to in a dogfight room!

3. Placable Island with airbase...could spruce up a few maps that way.

4. Limited planes/loadouts...I am reading that there is now a way to do this...but I don't know how at this time so I'll leave it on the list.

Personally, the externals even messes up cockpit on servers with externals enabled....those are some of my favorites...I just don't like the "player to target external" feature being enabled....I like bouncing outside my aircraft and panning around or using fly by view... very cinematic!

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-05-2006, 10:15 AM
`Wonderwoman` is when you fly with no cockpit, so you see nothing of your plane. It is as if you`re flying by yourself in the air, like Superman.

Actually, it's called Wonderwoman view because Wonderwoman flew in an invisible airplane. Superman flew innately without need for external propulsion or control surfaces to maneuver about. Since Wonderwoman's plane was invisible yet still accepted control-surface input, the no-cockpit view is referred to as 'Wonderwoman' view and is considered by most to be unrealistic in that you can see below where the nose of your airplane would be...unrealistically.

TB

waffen-79
02-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Hi guys

==STATEMENTS==

1. I only fly Cockpit On, NO MATTER the server I'm on. (believe it or not!)

2. I only fly LW planes (except for P-47, P-40 variantes, A-20G, B-25J & BeauFgtr [superb planes if you ask me])

3. Reason I fly cockpit on is: I just love the cockpit of the 109's and 190's and when flying (call me crazy) I pretend I'm an actual pilot

==RANTS==

What I HATE in WarClouds ETO:

1. Icons on, if the tag is just the name of the plane is FOE if its the name of the guy tis friendly... WTF? real immersion killer

2. 3 lives limit kick, WTF I mean tis a 'full real' server isn't it? In real life there where only 1 chance, 1 life, besides the high rotation of players lags the ****e out of systems, like mine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif (you guys know it lags when someone hits refly and when some client is accesing the game?)

3. Guys that continue shoting even when they CLEARLY can SEE the canopy ejected just to get to kill the pilot.

What I hate of DF server (Cpit off) [Yes I play in them, they seem to have FAST paced action]

1. When ever the issue of WW view or cpit comes around EVERYBODY says they fly cpit on saying things like "Is there other way? LOL" or "WW view is for n00bs/loser/tards/turds" and Then when I'm about to bomb those fellas on the runway they hit REFLY just when I'm bout to drop the bombs or when zooming on them they always brake on evasive actions...How the F they saw me coming???? (Situational Awareness at 100%?...yeah right)

2. Mixed planes set, I see reds with 190's and blues with yaks '45 WTF???

3. NO BIGGIE REALLY 'Realistic MAPS' featuring year restriction plane sets, I say, stick with the same plane set during all the maps, that way people like me that likes one variante of a series could be constant thru all the maps BUT tis ok bc if I like/dominate 1 plane I could do well with the whole series. but 1 universal plane set would be cool

==NEED HELP WITH==

1. finding a server that:

tis not always full
is 'full real'
just 'heading' ON
restricted sides (allies and axis)
constant plane set
no icons
no 3 lives arcade thing
objective missions
========================================

Yea, I know I better rob a bank I host a server according my needs LOL.

Waffen out S! all

Hawgdog
02-05-2006, 10:37 AM
mouser/billfish +1

THATS what I'd like.

Brain32
02-05-2006, 11:38 AM
3 lives limit kick, WTF I mean tis a 'full real' server isn't it? In real life there where only 1 chance, 1 life, besides the high rotation of players lags the ****e out of systems, like mine (you guys know it lags when someone hits refly and when some client is accesing the game?)
Don't understand, you wan't one-kill-kick, but high player rotation is causing your system lag http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Personally I don't care what's the kill limit... 3 is reasonable because WC has objectives that require groundpounding and doing that there is too much luck involved(AAA is insane)

3. Guys that continue shoting even when they CLEARLY can SEE the canopy ejected just to get to kill the pilot.
Never saw that, brutal kill stealing yes, some lame as* shooting parachutes also but in great minority(never happened to me).
All in all, servers with great settings to me are: WarClouds(real, but still fun),Greatergreen(often empty http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif),VFC(I'm in the wrong time zone- aka it's empty when I play), now SpitsVs109's,and ZekeVsWildcat are full real and it's cool but I need Speedbar(feets,miles,badly readable gauges,not to mention Japaneese aircrafts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif ) and I need minimap path(too much navigation, great for coops but not on DF servers).

Xiolablu3
02-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by IVJG51_Animal:
Why is it considered a cheat, when you are flying in a server that allows external views? It seems the unrealistic external view is a cheat in itself. Instead of Oleg fixing it, just fly without external views, and problem is solved.........right?

Animal

Yeah great, disable externals in a externals on server, just how is he supposed to do this?

I cant believe the number of stupid answers int his thread.

The 'well just fly in servers without externals' response is just daft, no more of these 'suggestions' please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

If some of you cant see it, Dawg is trying to say that someone could flick thru the enemy planes until a certain one was in view and then go back to padlock and this plane is now padlocked for him to fly straight to and kill. This is not the same as just having externals enabled, if you cant see that then you are just daft, it enables someone to decide who they want to kill and fly straight to them. This is clearly wrong.

Jetbuff
02-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by WWSensei:
It's like arguing that someone is going 76 mph while you're going 75.5 mph and the speed limit is 55...
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Sorry Dawg, but that's dang funny!

SeaFireLIV
02-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Daiichidoku:

@Seafire

i think the WW part is from Wondr Womans famous "invisible plane"

oops. Actually you`re quite right. there I go blaming men for something that`s not their fault. It`s been a looong time since I last watched wonderwoman! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chuck_Older
02-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by anarchy52:

I see this has been answered

Hawgdog
02-06-2006, 09:01 AM
man.....it works on ground targets too??
pffft...

Jumoschwanz
02-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Track IR and wonder-woman/external servers are for little girlie-men who are too "challenged" by full real. I am glad you have a place to have fun girlie-men!

If you don't fly cockpit-on, then don't talk about it. I can whop any track IR wuss with my hat-switch. If you don't have the brains to cope with full-real, then you don't have the brains to figure out how to set up a hat-switch either I guess. The du mmys solution to everything is to throw more money at it.....

Jumoschwanz

P.S.(how do you like MY sense of humor?)

LEXX_Luthor
02-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Wonder Woman and images of her "invisible" jet.

~> http://www.engadget.com/2005/05/13/movie-gadget-friday-...t-from-wonder-woman/ (http://www.engadget.com/2005/05/13/movie-gadget-friday-the-invisible-jet-from-wonder-woman/)

Somebody may want to resurrect a New Thread about this, many simmers may not know Wonder Woman.

Oh nooo http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Joss "Buffy" Whedon is due to resurrect the 64-year-old Wonder Woman and her undetectable alter ego Diana Prince some time next year, and the rumour mill is frantic with two questions: Who will play WW, and will the plane make an appearance?
Just in time for Oleg's upcoming WW2 flight sim series BoB And Beyond.

SeaFireLIV
02-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Jumoschwanz:
Track IR and wonder-woman/external servers are for little girlie-men who are too "challenged" by full real. I am glad you have a place to have fun girlie-men!

If you don't fly cockpit-on, then don't talk about it. I can whop any track IR wuss with my hat-switch. If you don't have the brains to cope with full-real, then you don't have the brains to figure out how to set up a hat-switch either I guess. The du mmys solution to everything is to throw more money at it.....

Jumoschwanz

I notice that people tend to act either like the name they`ve chosen on the forum or the Avatar or sig picture they have. I`m sure that in some kind of way, they`re just acting out how they`d like to be in reality... But can`t so they do it here. eg, Jumoschwanz seems to have an attitude a liitle like the cartoon character in his sig pic!

I guess it could stand for me too...

Xiolablu3
02-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Jumoschwanz:

Jumoschwanz

It sucks.

Jumoschwanz
02-06-2006, 07:18 PM
I notice that people tend to act either like the name they`ve chosen on the forum or the Avatar or sig picture they have. I`m sure that in some kind of way, they`re just acting out how they`d like to be in reality... But can`t so they do it here. eg, Jumoschwanz seems to have an attitude a liitle like the cartoon character in his sig pic!

I guess it could stand for me too...

Or it could be that pheebs are easily led and manipulated to a certain way of thinking by imagery.

Jumoschwanz

Xiolablu3
02-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Nope I think Seafire is pretty much correct. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Grey_Mouser67
02-06-2006, 08:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jumoschwanz:

Jumoschwanz

I guess it could stand for me too... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
\
LoL...everyone who recreates reality, especially artists, recreate reality in their own perception! Seems fitting the name or aviatar is the same...kinda like Neo

Badsight.
02-06-2006, 11:12 PM

Hop in your plane-
Guess what, you have 50 mile radar that points you magically to that plane you ID'd a moment ago.- has worked since 2001

& works out past 300 miles , be sure

the question is tho - why did it take the Dawg so long to figure this out ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Badsight.
02-06-2006, 11:15 PM
btw - only works with externals enabled - you have to be able to cycle your view thru all the planes

WW but with locked-pit also cuts this from happening
Originally posted by Dunkelgrun:

I've never used padlock either, but I don't mind if others do - it's just not for me.

Cheers! its not Padlock - that happens inside the cockpit

its External Freindly , or Enemy lock

& its why online wars are locked pit

Hawgdog
02-07-2006, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Badsight.:

the question is tho - why did it take the Dawg so long to figure this out ?

ah....I dont look for exploits?
How hard could it be to fix this? Really? Externals with either short range or no external locks??

Isn't Jumoschwantz Big pudd in german?
Odd, how it suites the typist.

XyZspineZyX
02-07-2006, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anarchy52:

I see this has been answered </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it hasnt. Atleast not completely. "Wonderwoman" mode is a term that comes from the FS and CFS series.Why? because in MSFS and MSCFS the 'W' key is the key that removed the cockpit and effectively turned into "Wonderwoman" mode. Simple W for Wonderwoman.

StG2_Schlachter
02-07-2006, 06:49 AM
That would be Jumboschwanz http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hawgdog
02-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Junkers Motoren, or Jumo. They were the first German company to offer a truly modern engine in the form of the 650hp Jumo 210, but after a few short years this was considered to be much too small and they responded with the much larger Jumo 211. Perhaps unsurprisingly the 211 saw widespread use in their own bombers, but was little used otherwise, mostly due to the better power output of the competing Daimler-Benz DB 601.

also see "outmode", "undersized" in ubi forums