PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy FC3 without map editor?

BragHigh
06-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Will you buy FC3 without map editor?

killa_677
06-08-2011, 12:57 AM
I like Far Cry but the map editor has always been an important selling point for me. Also, what is Far Cry without a map maker? The only way I could reconsider if there is a modding tool for the PC version.

BS PALADIN
06-08-2011, 02:52 AM
I might still buy Far Cry 3 without the map editor, But I will definately buy it with the map editor. If it also has modding capabilities for the PC then I will buy it for PC as well.

Bons2410
06-08-2011, 05:34 AM
I love the far cry series..and i love the map editor.

It gives you so much more gameplay.
Realy hope they stick to it

legacyzero
06-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Absolutely not. Maybe a rent for the single player portion, but that's it. My #1 focus is the Editor.

Con100
06-08-2011, 09:08 AM
I would still buy it. I really didn't use it in FC2.

Mr Cataluchi
06-08-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't work for Ubisoft, and I clearly have no insight into the company. But I would be very surprised if they didn't put in a map editor. All of their previous games have had one -- so this fear that they won't have one in the new game seems a little paranoid.

I don't think I've ever seen someone in the forums say, "You know. This map editor thing blows. Ditch it." People who don't use the map editor still appreciate it's existence -- because they get to still play on awesome new maps created by other fans. I'm pretty sure Ubisoft knows that. They just can't talk about it yet.

In a year when the game comes out and if there isn't a map editor, then I'll come back to this thread and eat my words.

Clover_field.
06-08-2011, 09:53 AM
But the other question is ....

Will we have to "crack" the system again to be able hosting custom maps in ranked matches ?!

Or did Ubi see what success it was and how less server are hosting Ubis standard maps ?!

AntsySkaya
06-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Its hard to say if I would buy it without an editor...

and @Mr_Cataluchi
The most companies are stop using such engine-scripts to be able to make your own maps because of the production costs.
Its not like they don't like to do that, its more because those big companies have shareholders and they want to see that money. So they have to speed up the production time and sell it so fast as they can, or they will lose them.
...thats one reason http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

IIxXWRATHXxII
06-08-2011, 01:28 PM
I would! Before I had set up my Xbox Live account, I never even used the map editor for Far Cry 2. I really enjoyed the game as a sole single player experience.

CaptainDEEZ
06-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Nope.

SICKSIX6_IOWA
06-08-2011, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't. The editor was the reason I got Instincts back in 2005 when it came and since then that's been a staple for the Far Cry series for myself and my friends. We still play Far Cry Predator to this day and even still spit out a new map here and there. Without the editor it's just another FPS that'll get old after a few months of playing the same old maps and wishing we had our beloved editor back. No editor = No Far Cry!

SICK

zeeEVIL1
06-08-2011, 09:20 PM
I would rent the game to play the single player and to try the MP.
But if it had an Editor, then absolutely i would buy it.

Fallen-Champ
06-08-2011, 11:39 PM
I would purchase the game without an editor but I think it would result in a trade in after a couple of plays through the single player.

I got bored of Crysis 2 pretty quickly but with an editor I might have kept onto it.

Pacient.cz
06-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by zeeEVIL1:
I would rent the game to play the single player and to try the MP.
But if it had an Editor, then absolutely i would buy it.

Same here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

CrazyUncleDave
06-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Absolutely not. Give me an editor or forget it.

WretcheddDrake
06-09-2011, 01:10 PM
How could you justify calling it Far Cry 3 without a map editor? That was always the staple of the franchise.

Far Cry 1 and 2 shared absolutely nothing in common except for a map editor, which is why they re used the Franchise name for better sales.

If they didn't include an editor for this game then it would be a shot in the heart for us fans.

SHilander
06-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Would you still not buy if it ends up being one of the best FPS games this year or next year? I think its a bit selfish that many would say they would not buy it if it had no map editor! Considering that many games do not come with them to begin with.

WretcheddDrake
06-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by SHilander:
Would you still not buy if it ends up being one of the best FPS games this year or next year? I think its a bit selfish that many would say they would not buy it if it had no map editor! Considering that many games do not come with them to begin with.

What constitutes 'Best FPS of the Year'? Halo and CoD have both been called that and I find their appeal to last no more than 5 minutes.

In Far Cry the map editor always kept the game fresh. Not adding it in would be shooting themselves in the foot, it's the only thing that makes it stand out from the sea of bland FPS games like CoD, Halo, etc.

SHilander
06-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by WretcheddDrake:

What constitutes 'Best FPS of the Year'? Halo and CoD have both been called that and I find their appeal to last no more than 5 minutes.

In Far Cry the map editor always kept the game fresh. Not adding it in would be shooting themselves in the foot, it's the only thing that makes it stand out from the sea of bland FPS games like CoD, Halo, etc.

I can understand that CoD (particularly) and Halo can have such a short appeal since they come out with more titles than FC does which is every 2 years or so(not including FC Instincts as I'm only a PC gamer). Not to mention CoD puts out the same game it seems twice a year between the two companies EA uses for their franchise. To answer your question on what constitutes as the best FPS of the year... well fine you got me, its a bit more on personal opinion. But theoretically try and think its the best in your opinion.

Would you buy a game that has a map editor, but game play is crappy (in your opinion). Or, would you buy a game without a map editor, but the game play is good to great (in your opinion). Again, theoretical good or bad in your own opinion whatever that may consist of making a good/great game. In a perfect world we would like both a great game with map editor.

Don't get me wrong I want to see the map editor as it does add another dimension of creativity to the game experience. Not to mention strengthens the community buy playing and creating. I'm just seeing some of these comments and think how selfish some sound when saying they will only buy the game if it has this editor. Especially when the editor is a fraction of what this game is about. Ultimately this is about playing. Having the creative side of the editor is just an extra to give us, the community, a chance to be creative and add a little of are own flavor to the playing experience.

WretcheddDrake
06-09-2011, 02:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WretcheddDrake:

I can understand that CoD (particularly) and Halo can have such a short appeal since they come out with more titles than FC does which is every 2 years or so(not including FC Instincts as I'm only a PC gamer). Not to mention CoD puts out the same game it seems twice a year between the two companies EA uses for their franchise. To answer your question on what constitutes as the best FPS of the year... well fine you got me, its a bit more on personal opinion. But theoretically try and think its the best in your opinion.

Would you buy a game that has a map editor, but game play is crappy (in your opinion). Or, would you buy a game without a map editor, but the game play is good to great (in your opinion). Again, theoretical good or bad in your own opinion whatever that may consist of making a good/great game. In a perfect world we would like both a great game with map editor.

Don't get me wrong I want to see the map editor as it does add another dimension of creativity to the game experience. Not to mention strengthens the community buy playing and creating. I'm just seeing some of these comments and think how selfish some sound when saying they will only buy the game if it has this editor. Especially when the editor is a fraction of what this game is about. Ultimately this is about playing. Having the creative side of the editor is just an extra to give us, the community, a chance to be creative and add a little of are own flavor to the playing experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that I would buy this ONLY if it had a map editor and crap gameplay. Although that's what Far Cry 2 was and I bought it at the time, but none of us were expecting how bad it would play.

I look for a few things in an FPS. Customizable game types, 1 life per round games which can be played strategically, games that have more to it than just run around killing everyone.

That being said, even simple team games like CTF and King of the Hill is fine, and it would be a lot better if we had an editor to work with to create ideal maps for us and friends.

To answer your question, if the gameplay is anything like Far Cry 2 (which it doesn't appear to be), then no I would not buy it, even if it had the greatest map editor to date. The last game was way too slow paced with stupid gimmicks that hindered the whole game like weapon jamming and repairing your car.

CrazyUncleDave
06-09-2011, 04:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WretcheddDrake:

Don't get me wrong I want to see the map editor as it does add another dimension of creativity to the game experience. Not to mention strengthens the community buy playing and creating. I'm just seeing some of these comments and think how selfish some sound when saying they will only buy the game if it has this editor. Especially when the editor is a fraction of what this game is about. Ultimately this is about playing. Having the creative side of the editor is just an extra to give us, the community, a chance to be creative and add a little of are own flavor to the playing experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For a lot of die hard Far Cry fans, the Editor is THE component that separates this game from all other FPSs. And let's face it-Far Cry has not been at the cutting edge of the single player experience thus far in its history. Like other FPS games, I'd probably RENT it, but the Editor is really what gives it its replay value.

longridr
06-09-2011, 06:19 PM
The only real thing i have to say is that far cry isnt far cry without an editor. it wont be a competitor with fallout single player-wise. if you go back to far cry 2 the maps speak for themselves.
in the first week i plan to do nothing but get used to the editor like i did in far cry 2 and if they take that away, me, imzeevil one and many others will be majorly sad.
But i'd probably buy it just to hope for a map editor download if it doesnt come with one.
AND CRAZYUNCLEDAVE lets freakin back to far cry 2 for the last few months and create stuff!

legacyzero
06-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by CrazyUncleDave:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SHilander:

For a lot of die hard Far Cry fans, the Editor is THE component that separates this game from all other FPSs. And let's face it-Far Cry has not been at the cutting edge of the single player experience thus far in its history. Like other FPS games, I'd probably RENT it, but the Editor is really what gives it its replay value. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I trust CrazyUncleDave when it comes to his opinion of the Editor. The maps he listed was fantastic. I remember repeatedly hosting maps like Suspendead, Curve Damage, and Fatalitrees.

All good stuff. Dave is the testament to why the Editor is a must.

My 360 maps: Main Street Redux, MGS4 Shadow Moses, and Silent Hill: Otherworld

mikeware
06-09-2011, 10:12 PM
NO WAY!11

Map Editor in farcry2 was the reason I bought it for X360! And it PWNZ!

FC3 need to have a MAP EDITOR too! It's a FARCRY game!
This time with the hability to add 'ilumination' sources please!

BragHigh
06-11-2011, 04:34 PM
20:12
Ubi give us a great editor!

Negrumir
06-11-2011, 05:33 PM
No, I wouldn't.

Explosiveb0b
06-11-2011, 09:51 PM
map editor gave far cry an everlasting feeling so maybe not idk.

Blixen355
06-12-2011, 05:32 AM
i will buy it no matter what, but i rly doubt they will exclude the editor out of the game. Its been so huge success in fc2.

E-Solo
06-12-2011, 05:59 AM
My first FPS game I ever bought was Far Cry 2 on a whim, so maybe I'm comparatively new to the whole scene, but since then I have met some of the most incredible people online because of Far Cry 2 and BECAUSE it has the map editor and DEDICATED SERVERS!!!!. Please have these two things in Far Cry 3 so that communities like the one I am in will continue to have so much fun like we have.

LONG LIVE WAIKIKIGUNCLUB AND FC2 and FC3!!!!!

Ywap
06-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Im buying the PC version no matter what. Open world is my thing so FarCry 3 and Dead Island are both day 1 games for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The definition of insanity scene alone is worth the purchase imo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

bartje356
06-20-2011, 01:00 PM
ok first guys stop the cod and that ****.. farcry is not a kind of game like cod . poeple love cod because its named cod , face it poeple . poeple buy cod becaus of the 3 letters . poeple buy farcry becaus its damn awasome , i got soem friends and they just buy a cod without looking at the box ! if i buy a game i want to know what kind of game it is and not only the titel like my friends ! *#($ cod man .

and without map editor farcry 3 wil be dieing hard

BragHigh
06-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Yo! Cod is Cod and FC is FC, but FC is no Cod and
Cod is no FC!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

H84Gabor
06-21-2011, 04:53 AM
I liked FC2 too much and it looks promising. Either way I'l buy it but I hope for the map editor too.
(Making games is about profit, isn't it? They should know it was extremely popular in the second one and that it is anticipated very much. But of course game publishers can be very disappointing sometimes:/)

bartje356
06-21-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by BragonHightake:
Yo! Cod is Cod and FC is FC, but FC is no Cod and
Cod is no FC!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

thats what im saying xD

o0Kman0o
06-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Yes because the single player looks good.
But a map editor would make it that much better.

DapperHayden007
06-21-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm definitely going to take the risk in pre-ordering Far Cry 3 because without the editor, it still looks awesome, i can guarantee there will be an editor though because the editor on console was born with Far Cry and still labelled the best editor on console by a long shot.

SABRETOOTH1971
06-21-2011, 04:18 PM
I played a couple of hours on the SP. Then spent over 500 hours in the map editor. You do the math(s)

Dusty Cromwell
06-25-2011, 11:40 AM
The only thing keeping me from shelving the game after a few days of campaign is the map editor.

If they try to launch FC3 without an editor, It won't sell to me and quite a few people I know.

xsquirrelstewx
07-03-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm cool with hating on CoD - it's the most bland, overrated FPS out there.

But Halo releases main titles every 3 years. How is that milking the franchise like Activi$ion does with CoD?

Far Cry, Fallout, Crysis, and Halo for life! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

FC-Szocik
07-04-2011, 09:52 AM
I will buy but I'm sure they create map editor for us because this is tradition in Far Cry!

neokinesis
07-04-2011, 05:24 PM
I am so excited about FC3 and the potential a new editor might bring that I couldn't wait. I just made my first FC3 map for FC2.

I call it [360] Perilous Parley (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3171037696/m/3741088439) and if FC3 doesn't have an editor can the developers just Release a re-visualized version please?! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Arran961
07-04-2011, 05:36 PM
I would still buy the game without but I think the map editor is a huge selling point and it would be stupid to ditch it. I enjoyed using the map editor in FC2 and would defo use it in FC3 if it's there

Kingmage
07-06-2011, 06:39 AM
no map editor no buying from me must have a lot more thing like bots and place weapon but first of all don't make far cry 3 map editor as hard as sandbox keep it simple and im buying it

jibbermann13
07-10-2011, 12:26 AM
I hope it has a map editor because without it,
it's only a 50% chance if I purchase it.
With it it's 100%.

orchunter88
07-10-2011, 05:38 AM
I only play singleplayer, so i don't care if there is an editor or not as long as i can't make a singleplayer missions anyway. But competive gaming s always boring, no matter how you do it!

Thraxus360
07-10-2011, 04:25 PM
I sit in an odd spot for this one; yes I want an editor on 360/PS3 but I don't want it to be free. FC2 had some great maps by a handful of people; Crazy Uncle Dave, Mikk Q, Neokinesis, myself just to name a few, but for every good map we did there were a hundred awfull ones out there. That's fine for us that frequent the forums and other sites like fcmaps.net but for the typical player they were moe likely to play crap map after crap map, which will turn them off of the game and lower the player base.

for me there are 2 solutions: 1 make the editor more complex and less user friendly or 2 make it cost money to limit the people that have it. I personally believe the later is the better option and charge something like $10-$15 for the editor and $5 dollars for an additional 10 map slots. Ubi makes money, we limit the crappy maps, and more people play for longer, it's the trifecta of win.

InsanityPlea95
07-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by BragonHightake:
Will you buy FC3 without map editor? yes but im not worried as far cry 3 runs on the same engine as 2 so it would require no extra develpment to add map editing to the game so for them to leave it out would make no sense im not worried neither should you

MRWonsLeoj
07-11-2011, 11:41 PM
I would be possotively ****ed if they didnt have a map editor in far cry 3! Keep it there!!!

Ilovepho
07-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Wow I never thought the map eiditor was such a big deal for many people here.

Since there's no option "Absolutely Yes", so I voted "Yes".

I played FC2 campaign on the day it came out and now I still play it.

neokinesis
07-19-2011, 09:41 PM
All 14 Mapping Buddies I asked if they would buy FarCry3 without an Editor said no. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Well thats the only satistic I need. 100% of my Mapping Buddies want an Editor!

Of those in the poll that said no, the following question was also asked. Will you map for FC3? To which everyone responded yes.

So 14 of my Mapping Buddies said they would make maps for FC3.

I will ask more Mapping Buddies and see what they say http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Thraxus360
07-20-2011, 01:05 AM
I think the more interesting question to ask to map builders is, would you buy a map editor on top of the game? Would you prefer if the editor was sold seperate from the game?

Personally I think this is the better way to go (at least on console) mainly due to the fact it filters out some the awful maps making it so good maps out number bad ones (or at least the ratio is improved). You know quality over quantity concept.

Ilovepho
07-20-2011, 02:25 PM
So the map makers pay full price ($60 in the US) just to get the editor only ?

That's too much for the editor IMO.

Thraxus360
07-20-2011, 06:50 PM
No you pay $60 for the game and then another $15 for the editor, it's enough that it will weed some out but not too much that you feel ripped off.

neokinesis
07-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Thraxus360:
No you pay $60 for the game and then another $15 for the editor, it's enough that it will weed some out but not too much that you feel ripped off.
Why not everyone pays 60 dollars and mappers that get a certain star rating get a percentage of the money refunded...? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

jonnyblanco35
07-21-2011, 01:09 AM
the map editor was what made online multi-player so much fun.I spent months online with friends cause we had so many maps to chose from and didnt get burned out on maps that limited game play. (black ops,modern warfare)

Yourname942
07-21-2011, 07:23 AM
I would not buy FarCry 3 if there is no map editor or if they don't make any improvements + more options to both mapmaking + matchmaking.

The mapmaking is the best aspect of FarCry imo, and sets the standard for sandbox maps, it allows for some absolutely amazing maps and ideas, and making maps + playtesting them with friends is just fun to do and I could spend a lot of my time on it.

But yea, if they get rid of the best thing about Far Cry, I will not give them my money and would be very disappointed on the direction Ubisoft is headed.

Thraxus360
07-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by neokinesis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thraxus360:
Why not everyone pays 60 dollars and mappers that get a certain star rating get a percentage of the money refunded...? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know that you can't disagree with me on this one neo that when the editor is to accessable and free it leads to more garbage than masterpieces.

The problem with rewarding map makers that get a certan star rating comes 2 fold. Fist that's an easy system to abuse, just get friens to keep rating it higher. Second it'll rekindle the distrust and dislike between the FCmap folks and the ones of us that aren't, just like when they had maembers on the commity to pick which maps could be played in ranked, sorry I don't want to go down that road again.

scifi1978
07-31-2011, 04:50 PM
I know for me the editor is a must, and it should be free with the game. I totally disagree with paying for the editor. if your worried about what you call "bad maps" then don't play custom maps simple...

I don't mind paying for dlc but charging me twice for a staple of the franchise will just make me not buy the game $60 is enough thanks all the same

Ix Johnnien xI
08-01-2011, 01:48 AM
Know this has been suggested a couple of times before. But, in addition to releasing a map editor for FC3; they could release the map editor on its own as something similar to a play4free version online (with a few basic items availabe at start). They could have an online store where gamers could buy additional weapons and items (from FC2,FC3,etc) for the map editor.

scifi1978
08-01-2011, 12:43 PM
if there is also dlc then please make sure that its usable in the editor this time. Unlike what happened with fc2

Yumesama
08-14-2011, 09:17 AM
The map editor does a lot for FC.

It gives a variety to a game that (in my opinion) could outlast its welcome very quickly.

If the editor is put in FC3, though, i would consider it lazy "just" to keep it in.

In Halo, as example 1, it went from adjusting spawn points, to creating not only entirely new levels, but gamemodes as well. Golf, Icehockey, Chess, Indiana jones maps, duckhunt, adventure maps, race and so on. Mapmaking is awesome, but to share it more easily, or even the possibility of good maps to get included in official playlists (like in Halo: Reach) would be fantastic.

In Timesplitters: Future Perfect (on ps2 and the original xbox, as example 2, you could create maps not only for multiplayer matches like deathmatch and capture the flag (for system link, splitscreen and/or against bots)...
but you could use it to create SP an CO-OP missions as well!
-The timesplitter editor allowed you not only to make a map, place objects, switches, doors and objectives, but include bots as well! they could be given patrols, set to stand still (but still guard) to spawn in waves, etc.

FC3 looks like a really interesting game. If it has CO-OP, a more expanded mapmaker, OR a single-player map-creator part, I consider it a must buy, no matter how mediocre or bad further gameplay videos may look. (even though i expect them to look impressivehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

spinetooth
08-14-2011, 10:44 AM
if they don't have the map editor in Far Cry 3 you're better off just getting Battlefield 3

StubbornPuppet
08-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Nice to see so many familiar faces. Hello.

Hmm, tough call here: Would I buy FarCry 3 (based on how bad the actual gameplay was on FC2) without an editor?

NO FREAKING WAY!

I would buy ANY FPS that promised me a map editor, regardless of the previous release or bad reviews. But without an editor, FC3 might as well not ever be released. I honestly had more fun making my FC2 and FC Instincts maps than I had playing the game.

ewsithlord
01-01-2012, 06:17 PM
In my opinion taking out the Map editor from far cry 3 would keep me from buying the game. With such promising graphics it would be sad not to have the joy of building your own particular world. Basically FC2's map editor was so in depth and great that I was under the impression that FC2 was just the tip of the creative iceberg. With FC2 I went crazy and actualy build realistic cities. With that I would like to produce a note. When I look at a game editor i classify its profoundness by the types of enviornments that you can create and the range of options you have to create diversity. Basically with the FC2 editor you had the option to create everthing from the inner city of New Rennisance City (one of my created maps based off of N.Y.C.) to the desert plains of Khasisal, Kabul to the Rich diverse tropical climate of La Retra ( Miami). Instantaniously FC2 from the map editor and from that point on has stayed as one of my favourite games, even now in 2012 four years after its inital release the game FC has become sanonmus with the best sandbox creator the PS3 has ever seen. So to conclude if FC3 dose not have a wide range of Map Editor sandbox creator then I will lose all hope in ever buying a Far Cry game again. I would consider it a betryal to the fans who love to create on console and those of us who cant afford to buy or create a gaming comouter.

yngwie1
01-01-2012, 10:57 PM
if ubisoft were smart. they would include a map editor in the game, but make it unlockable only after you had beaten the campaign on normal or expert mode.

map editing in any game on any console/pc is a HUGE HUGE bonus. it is basically a gift to the consumer. the devs are giving you an almost complete tool/setting/enviroment system to create your own world; what a generous gift!

it is such a precious gift that it should be something that you have to earn! ubisoft is spending all this time and money on making a their story mode carried out through video graphics....it is THEIR vision. so if you want to use THEIR tools to create your own vision, it should be something that you have to earn.

but having all said that, i think the question of "will you buy FC3 without map editor?" is actually based on the gameplay itself. if the gameplay is close to that of FC2, then i will not be buying the game....editor or not. yes, FC2 does have an expansive map editing system, but what good is it when the gameplay is not enjoyable for me? annoying things like iron sight aiming (bringing the gun up to your face causing the run to slow down),not being able to shoot while running, those are major turn offs for me and i would not buy the game and i will stick to FCIP.

realistic gameplay does not always = fun

jaracaca
01-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Editor is very important part of Far Cry, i like it very much to make some maps and etc. if Far Cry 3 will be without editor i'll buy it in any case but my heart will be broken :))) i hope in editor will be possible to make bigger maps, there will be more cars 10-15 car will be amazing...

BLaZiNgSPEED
01-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Maybe, maybe not though. To be honest I am more interested in the overall gameplay, story, etc. If Far Cry 3 turns out to be epic like Far Cry 1 single player, I'll buy it!!!
Multiplayer maps need to be of a good variety, if there's no map editor for me to be satisfied with the multiplayer of-course.

Bass-and-Drums
01-14-2012, 06:28 AM
FarCry has always been one of my favorite FPS's for the simple fact of the editor. They always have great gameplay and stories, but editor is a creative OCD-freaks' heaven (that's me). I've spent an insane amount of hours making masterpieces that I never really publish. Its always for the fun of map making, never for fame or huge playability. Every FarCry has had a good editor. The first one was basically the entire game engine, but it was really only useful for modders and people skilled in more advanced stuff. Instincts and FCIP were better, but low quality graphics and a very limited editor limited my creative capacity. But here comes along FC2, with its gorgeous graphics and perfect editor. My only complaints were:
1. ITS IN AFRICA! It mightve been cool in another game, but FC is made for tropical island paradises, not deserts and grasslands.
2. Water is a huge part of the game, and it was nothing but a murky brown lifeless piece of static.
Ubisoft would pull off the greatest let down in the history of everything if they didn't include the editor. I mean, now were back in the tropics, and water has life and color again! Its like a dream come true, except it all depends on if they include it or not. Its the staple of the franchise and would be a MAJOR selling point for the game. That's just my opinion.

BLaZiNgSPEED
01-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah the editor is quite important. It wouldn't be the end of the world if there wasn't. But the longevity of the Multiplayer will hugely depend upon it.
That's what made for example Battlefield 2 so famous. Far Cry 1 and 2 still have quite a few players online. But if they didn't have editors, their multiplayer would've been long dead by now.

If there is an editor for Far Cry 3, then the multiplayer longevity will be greater. Cos we need different maps.

Battlefield 3 already lost popularity for example cos they are lacking map editors, not enough variety of maps online unlike with BF2.
For example EA want people to buy different maps for BF3 via DLC, such as Back to Karkand. I would hate if Ubisoft do the same thing with Far Cry 3. I hope they don't. Cos imho, no DLC can ever replace a map editor that's been created by the community.

I would be even more enthusiastic to buy Far Cry 3 if it does have the map editor.

GUN_SABOTUR
01-14-2012, 10:04 PM
I would buy or maybe even just rent the game just to get the trophies - but if the trophies are as long-winded as fc2 and theres no map editor I wont be buying it at all. No point as a gamer to do so unless there are reasonable trophies or a map editor. The online trophies in fc2 were ridiculous compared to other games - level 30 and unlocking all the guns would have taken longer to attain than the game took to make. The only big thing that stood out from other games was the editor which I still use. I have all the trophies in fc2 apart from a few of the online trophies which I simply dont have time to try to get. I currently own 235 ps3 games as well as psn games, I have 3 ps3 consoles as I keep running out of memory. Its not the cost of the game that would bother me - but if theres no map editor I put it in the category of FPS games period. And to be honest, for multiplayer FPS I can't see fc3 offering anything better than BF3, MW3 or a bunch of other games in the same genre. If fc3 does have a map editor then it goes straight to the top of my wish list as this is the most important part of this game series. If I had one piece of advice to give - it would be to bring out a game where all of the multiplayer is user created instead of having half a dozen maps to play on. There could then be a recommended list the same as fc2 and players would automatically gravitate to the best maps anyway, left t their own devices. With the right textures, paints, objects and other building blocks we could create 1000's of maps on par with the salaried devs.

V0RT3CH
01-29-2012, 07:10 AM
I will boycott ubisoft if fc3 does not have a map editor. Crysis 2 supremely was worthless with out it and i sold it in a week from purchase pissed there was no editor. Pray you do not anger me further!
Pray!

Yourname942
01-29-2012, 02:56 PM
I would never buy Far Cry if it doesn't have map editor. I play Far Cry for 1 reason: custom map matchmaking. I can care less about the storyline because once i beat it I won't replay it. To me, the true replayability is within the mapmaker and matchmaking. I just hope Far Cry 3 will have mapmaker, evolutions for custom maps, and weapon placements for custom maps.

Pumpkin_head16
03-18-2012, 03:34 PM
I loved the map maker in FC2, seriously me and a friend put tonnes of hours into making maps. it would be cool if they added some new features as well. like water being added to individual spots rather then just increasing the water level of the whole map. And maybe some way of creating underground tunnels without using large rock pieces...although i did like doing it like that.

Leadstorm76
03-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Nope wouldn't buy it without editor .

Flashify
03-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Obviously...

Ix Johnnien xI
03-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Hmm. It's a tough question. I guess that would depend very much on the multiplayer itself. In part cause when it comes to the singleplayer campaigns; the longer you wait buying the game the more likely it is that the game has been patched/glitches have been fixed. At least for me the question is not if I'm going to buy FC3, but when. I hope that they do include a map editor. It was one of the major selling points for me; when, I preordered FC2.

xCloakedSniperx
03-19-2012, 12:31 AM
Yes, I will still buy it. Even without an editor it would be an amazing game, but I do hope there is one.

Bethy_Anne
03-19-2012, 05:26 AM
Absolutely

I didnt use the editor before and will not use it this time either.

And i hope they dont sacrifice single player content so they can make some tools for a map editor.

mambonuts
03-20-2012, 12:19 AM
No I wouldn't.

The biggest attraction of all the Farcry releases was the map editor. As a matter of fact, I never completed any of the single player stories...ever.

This feature is what set the game on it's own from the rest of the run of the mill FPS's out there.

I've traded in countless games that just got boring and redundant...always hanging on to Farcry for it's replay value.

I think not including a map editor with the game would be a huge mistake on Ubi's part...and a loss of thousands of faithful followers of the series.

mambo

DapperHayden007
03-20-2012, 11:52 AM
http://www.farcryuniverse.com/Off Topic/Twitter Question.png
What is your view on this? I did not know where to post it so I posted it here. Let me know if you think it could do with moving.

mrwookie75
03-20-2012, 03:11 PM
If you loose the editor you loose the game far cry was a great game far cry 2 had the best editor apart from weapon placements was a let down far cry 2 game play was atrocious well I say that it was only the weapon side of things that let it down but the map editor is a huge part of the game some of the maps that have been made by joe public are simply amazing and some of those people should be snapped up by companies and the the fact you could edit a map you downloaded from the public and tweak it your self was key so by getting rid of a key part of the game is like having a one legged man in a *** kicking contest and also it separates the game from others it has the best editor out of all games on the consoles and as for pc.

Anyway that's just how I feel my ramble is over please don't make me loose another game