PDA

View Full Version : Any word on dll's to fix the shimmer?

stansdds
04-05-2006, 04:23 AM
The current crop of dll's do improve frame rates and the white caps on the waves are a nice touch, but any word on another set of dll's that would make the white caps whiter and eliminate the shimmer effect that occurs when hills and mountains are reflected on the water surface?

Or is there a fix that I missed?

stansdds
04-05-2006, 04:23 AM
The current crop of dll's do improve frame rates and the white caps on the waves are a nice touch, but any word on another set of dll's that would make the white caps whiter and eliminate the shimmer effect that occurs when hills and mountains are reflected on the water surface?

Or is there a fix that I missed?

Capt.LoneRanger
04-05-2006, 04:27 AM
Shimmer?

You mean square-like shining somethings?

That is depending on your graphics card settings. Try to set quality from performance to quality and you see the mountain or the sun, or whatever is reflected.

primo6255
04-05-2006, 06:10 AM
I agree Stansdds,the latest dll's are great except for the shimmering.Lone Ranger,we are talking about shimmering near shoreline with mountains,most noticeable in Pacific Islands map.The quality settings do not matter I have tested all of them.It is hard to believe that most people are not talking about this,it is really bad.I am still useing the Dec.17 dll's this is the only set that does not have shimmering.I really would like to use the new dll's with the great effects but not with the terrible shimmering.........Thanks to Yuri for the effort he has given to all of us and he is the one that could help us with this ...Please....

edgflyer
04-05-2006, 07:58 AM
What would be the best settings for 6800 with these new DLL. Any ideas would be appreciated.

stansdds
04-05-2006, 05:43 PM
For my eVGA 6800 Ultra PCIe, I run with:
4xAA
2xAF
Quality
Vsync on
Force mipmaps trilinear
Conformant texture clamp on
Extension limit off
Harware acceleration single display mode
Trilinear optimization on
Anisotropic mip filter optimization on
Anistropic sample optimization on
Negative LOD bias clamp

Driver is 71.89 as that seems to be the best for this particular card.

R_Target
04-05-2006, 09:48 PM
You could set image quality to "High" in the Nvidia control panel. Works pretty well but might take a couple fps away. I don't think I've seen any of the .dlls have an impact on the shimmering. I think it's more of an Nvidia problem.