PDA

View Full Version : Difference in fighting skills between 1, 2 and Brotherhood

Meleth1977
05-25-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm just, for the first time playing the first Assassin's Creed game. I'm amazed at the difference in Altair's fighting skills compared to Ezio. Or are the solider's just thougher in the first game?

I've fought my way through both AC2 and AC:B without much trouble. But I'm getting hacked to death in AC1... Altair seems sluggish and clumbsy compared to Ezio's fighting style. And his weapons don't seem to do much either to be honest.

Those of you who have played all three, what's your thoughts? Is AC1 really harder or is Altair just a rather crap fighter?

GunnarGunderson
05-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Ubisoft took all of the complaints about AC1 to heart when they designed the sequel. They just overcompensated a bit when addressing the difficulty. If you're fighting alot of people at once use the short blade and use the sword for 1 on 1 fights

iN3krO
05-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Meleth my question is, what do you prefer? challenging from ac1 or easy as ac2/b?

Altair isn't a crap fight however ubisoft added the option to use hidden blade as a meele weapon and removed compleatly the AI of the guards... in Ac:B they overpowered too much ezio without requiring skill (if killstreak required skill in the time you need to press the attack button it would be better) and making the AI better than in Ac2 but worst than in Ac1...

Guards AI:
Ac1 > AcB > Ac2

Char Skill:
Ac:B > Ac2 > Ac1 (cuz ac was the first)

What's better?
Ac1 > AcB > Ac2

How to improve?
Use hidden blade system from Ac1 but with double hidden blade, lock with range weapons as same speed as in Ac2 and add skill required to do killstreaks..

Why need to improve?
Cuz if the game doesn't require skill it sucks a lot....

knightshad0w
05-25-2011, 03:19 PM
This could be more easily done with difficulty modes.

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 03:23 PM
If "special" limited guards like the Templars from AC1 were to be put on ACR it would be great.

I think they shouldn't to the combo thing, or at least limit the amount of combos you can do because it makes combat to easy.

More like AC1 guards like be more aggressive. And make guards not run away when their leader dies.

iN3krO
05-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by knightshad0w:

they can't handle with the deflaut dificulty which would be the EASY dificult with dificulty modes how would they hadle with VERY HARD dificulty? 1 sword hit and you die? -.-

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightshad0w:

they can't handle with the deflaut dificulty which would be the EASY dificult with dificulty modes how would they hadle with VERY HARD dificulty? 1 sword hit and you die? -.- </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Well it would enforce stealth if it was like that and you would have to choose your kills carefully, which is something people have been asking for.

It would be slightly like Realistic mode on Splinter Cell.

elvindrummer
05-25-2011, 03:42 PM
I think AC1 is so much more challenging and realistic though because altair is that way. I really liked certain parts of AC1 just because it wasn't simple and took me a few times to beat. You have to run from gaurds where in AC2 I can easily fight my way out of any situation. I do like AC2 more especially ACB because they do make it slightly harder with the full sync. But I really do hope someof the main guys you have to kill are hard to kill.

PhiIs1618033
05-26-2011, 04:02 AM
Alta´r's attacks are a little bit slower. However, I consider Alta´r to be the better fighter. He's just got more moves and once you are good at fighting with him, you can clear out guards really fast if you have to.
Also, the guard AI in AC1 is more aggressive and more skilled than in AC2 and AC:B. You regularily encounter guards that will counter, grab and throw and break your defenses. In AC2/AC:B you can just keep holding RT/R2 all the time and never get hit. Also, even though the guards have more moves in AC:B, throwing sand is useless (noone will attack while Ezio's vulnerable), grabs leave you out of control for what, one second and only very rarily does a guard counter your attack. Most likely he won't, because you're killstreaking anyway.

Jakob4242
05-26-2011, 10:06 AM
The combat system in AC is far more challenging. Counter kills need are a lot more about timing than AC2 and ACB. I actually prefer Atlair's fighting abilities to Ezio's, I even miss the L2 camera button when running from guards.

That said I try to make AC2 and ACB as challenging as possible. Usually by taunting the guards a lot and dodging most attacks, and only go after the higher ranking guards in order to scare off the cowards.