PDA

View Full Version : The Unexplained

MrMoo333
10-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Ok, this is a thread for anyone who wants to post what they don't know about Assassin's Creed and their theories on what the answer is. Then other people can either explain it if they know the answer, or post their own theories on it. And this isn't only for the futuristic elements, it's for ANY questions about the game, and please don't flame people for questions with well know answers.

Now, my question is:
Do you think you'll be able to go into many buildings?

Toyotama
10-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah I think you can, because it said in an IGN preview that the crowd's attitude affects you, that if the crowds are in a good mood more doors will be left open, but if they're not they will be locked and the poor will claw at your feet in anger because of the amount of robberies in their district.

Creepy006
10-14-2007, 02:59 PM
I think you can't go in every building, only key-buildings.

AndrewKuc
10-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Do you think there will be a day count...like er it tells you what day it is? Because in one of the vids someone said that you can sleep er whatever to get your health back..but thats just one of the few or many ways you can!

b-busher
10-14-2007, 03:06 PM
No not much I think because I havent seen or heard anything.

Creepy006
10-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Do you have a link of that vid? Cuz I think that's bs.

Kaxen6
10-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by AndrewKuc:
Do you think there will be a day count...like er it tells you what day it is? Because in one of the vids someone said that you can sleep er whatever to get your health back..but thats just one of the few or many ways you can!

Aandreei2002 over at 1191ad (he's got a badge saying he's an Ubi employee. He's a game tester as far as I know) said that there wasn't any day/night in Assassin's Creed (The sun never sets in the Holy Land! lol)

So I wouldn't think there would a day count.

MrMoo333
10-14-2007, 03:41 PM
I hope that atleast different missions have different times of day

Toyotama
10-14-2007, 03:52 PM
I don't think that's possible, what with the freedom thing, besides, every time Altair assassinates someone in a video, at some point you can hear bells ringing. (At least in all the vids I've seen) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

MrMoo333
10-14-2007, 04:46 PM
thats probly the 'white room' thing

MrMoo333
10-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Oh i have another couple questions!
1) Will there be a demo?
2) Whats the release date?

I AM JUST KIDDING!!!

But i do have a question, what do you think the monk side quests would be? I say its like either getting money or helping with a church goer who has problems with the guards or thugs or something.

Skaevola
10-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Here's one:
It's been rumored heavily that Altair has a wife, but they don't comment on it in Dev Diaries. Not only that, but Altair doesn't actually have a ring finger. If anything, it seems that that would be symbolism for a chaste life. Whaddaya think?

Also, theorizing on MrMoo's question, the Crusades were actually started by corrupt Catholics. So I have a feeling that the Monk quests aren't necessarily confined to being good. If someone doesn't pay tithe or vandalizes a Cathedral or something, they may need to be assassinated.

Toyotama
10-14-2007, 07:28 PM
My money would be on the thugs, since you don't need money in the game, and who better to bully than some defenseless old guys that would get "tired" if they tried to run too much?

Edit: I think I actually heard Jade say that he did in fact have a wife... About the ring finger... Aren't we born with two?

Kaxen6
10-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Wingf00t:
Here's one:
It's been rumored heavily that Altair has a wife, but they don't comment on it in Dev Diaries. Not only that, but Altair doesn't actually have a ring finger. If anything, it seems that that would be symbolism for a chaste life. Whaddaya think?

I don't really think Altair has a wife for some reason... (some reason = no particular reason of particular logic) but considering his missing ring finger like that...

But lots of people says he must have a wife so he must have descendants so we can have genetic memory...

Toyotama
10-14-2007, 07:33 PM
I don't think you would kill someone if they didn't pay a tithe... I personally (not really) would beat them up into paying the tithe (or extra http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif ).

Good point though.

MrMoo333
10-14-2007, 07:42 PM
One night stand ;D You sly deveil you Altair! But if marrige does tie into the ring finger I'd hope it to mean a lost love, or something

Azerackia
10-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Jade once said in some interview about dealing with the realism, that it was one of the basic ideas to do away with "arbitrary rules" like "Why can't I go through this door and not that one?" and some such thing. Anywho, s'all I know on the buildings subject...
Just imagine how big this game would be, if, ontop of the entire city you could explore, you could bust into any house :O

Kaxen6
10-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Hmm... though in the recent interview at IGN, they mentioned the Masyaf assassin base has a garden full of beautiful women... what could they be for?

Regarding going into houses... if they have it, people's reactions to you busting in their house sounds amusing in my imagination...

Toyotama
10-14-2007, 08:11 PM
This would be an accurate (I think) representation of someone imagining the garden full of beautiful women: http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

And to sum up how busting into people's houses would be like, I offer one word: COOL!

MrMoo333
10-15-2007, 11:13 AM
I hope you can atleast go into like churches and guard towers and what not

NorthernAvengeR
10-15-2007, 11:24 AM
The producer said in a interview that they wanted to make it realistic, not: "I can go through that door, but not that door because there is a invisible wall behind the door because they didn't bother to work on that."

MrMoo333
10-15-2007, 12:17 PM
So hopefully the doors that you can't go through are like locked and stuff

Kaxen6
10-15-2007, 07:43 PM
I shall ask about entering buildings while I am at the Secret Assembly... That's what I shall do!

xD I've been looking every AC question to write in my memo pad to ask when I go...

Though Mr Moo brings up a good point. People do lock their doors... unless Altair has some lock picking skills we haven't heard about.

HasashinsHand
10-15-2007, 07:56 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif No idea where he could hide lockpicks and wires. Though I suppose he could break the lock with His dagger, but thats not quite realistic http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Toyotama
10-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Lock picks and wires are easy to conceal in pouches or pockets because they're not that big (unless there's a medieval lock pick I haven't been informed of http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif ). And I suppose he can use his dagger but that would look a LITTLE too wierd... (hey honey, I forgot my keys so I'm using this dagger I so conveniently happen to have) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

FrozenFire550
10-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Altair doesn't need a lockpick when he can just kick the wall down. That's right, he's that cool.

Or he could just climb up to a raised window, you know? But lockpicks would be interesting to use.

Togie-
10-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Wingf00t:
Here's one:

He got his ring finger cut off in the initiation of becoming an assassin, because that is where his switch blade pops out

Skaevola
10-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Yes, of course. The point is that he doesn't have one. Couldn't they have cut off his middle finger or his pinky? Or cut off the ring finger on his right hand? No, they cut off his ring finger, on his left hand. It seems like they wouldn't pick that particular finger unless it had a double-meaning, such as a chaste life.

'Cause, y'know, women are really distracting. It's hard to want to kill people once you've gotten married, and it'd be hard to concentrate on killing people if you were thinking about a pretty girl http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
It seems like it'd be on an assassin's best interests to not get married, so maybe they made it an official rule by cutting off their ring finger.

Togie-
10-15-2007, 09:51 PM
look at your sig wing, that might help explain why they cut off his ring finger http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Kaxen6
10-15-2007, 10:45 PM
I think Wing means that they could have cut off plenty of other fingers to make a gap, but they cut off the left ring finger, LittleTide. They could have cut off the middle finger to make a gap for the hidden blade also (I dunno, I keep hearing people thinking he's missing his middle finger, unobservant goldfishes...), but they opted for the ring finger instead.

But on account Masyaf has a garden full of hot women (see most recent IGN hands-on), I don't quite think they had entirely women-less lives as assassins...

Wildfang_
10-16-2007, 08:17 AM
maybe they cut off his ring finger because to activate the switchblade mechanism you need a special ring on your pinky. and if you have two well thats quite strange. or he's married to two wifes, there enough in the the garden http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

mefninja
10-16-2007, 08:51 AM
altair has to have kids.... thats not even debatable

spazzoo1025
10-16-2007, 01:09 PM
looking at my wallpaper...i just noticed that he's wearing a glove, n that he doesnt hav metal circles on his knuckles lmao

anywayss....

Togie-
10-16-2007, 03:12 PM
- Where the story is concerned, the game begins with the initiation. You're a novice. And as part of the initiation, your finger is cut off, to give you the switchblade.

that is what it said in the all known facts thread.