PDA

View Full Version : IL2FB ME-262 problem

buchtik
03-17-2009, 12:38 PM
when I turn off the engines of ME-262 A-1 or A-2,I can't start them again.Is it an error or it has any real life purpose?(I have IL2FB version 1.0,without the AEP)

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-17-2009, 03:32 PM
You have separate engine start set up in the difficulty. You will have to set your controls so you can select one engine, start it, then select the other engine, start it, then select both engines so your throttle input will work on both.

M_Gunz
03-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by buchtik:
(I have IL2FB version 1.0,without the AEP)

When you can, you want to upgrade to IL2:1946 (last version) just to get the newer FM and handling not to mention the
many more planes and maps. The price is half or less original, US$20 or less. All versions are included as one in 1946.

buchtik
03-18-2009, 09:58 AM
I don't have separate engine start.i turn off the engines and I can't start then anyway.it doesn't show "engine started" message,the engines are completely frozen.

Choctaw111
03-18-2009, 11:01 AM
If you don't have separate engine start selected, I am not sure what the problem could be. Can you restart the jet engines in flight? I will take a look at this in game and see what happens.

ace1328fw190
03-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi buchtik, one problem could be the seperate engine start, or you may have burnt or flamed your engine out, it is very rare to restart a flamed out engine, and when it does, it's usually after the 6 or 7 time trying to restart the engine, hope this helps!

-=S=-
playing as mmarten13

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Try selecting just one engine anyway, see if you can restart one at a time, if you can then we can try to figure out why this is happening with separate engine start turned off.

buchtik
03-19-2009, 09:58 AM
I tried to start in flight and I tried to select only one engine.Both engines were allright,no damage,and I still had some fuel and I also pressed the "start engine" key many times and nothing happened...

DrHerb
03-19-2009, 10:19 AM
As far as I know, to restart a jet in flight, you need to be moving at a pretty good speed to keep the engines spooled up so they will relight. How fast are you travelling when you try to restart them?

buchtik
03-19-2009, 10:22 AM
I don't know - I think that my speed was over 200 km/h.I also tried to restart only one engine in flight when my speed was 170 km/h.

DrHerb
03-19-2009, 10:29 AM
I don't know - I think that my speed was over 200 km/h.I also tried to restart only one engine in flight when my speed was 170 km/h.

Try starting your flight @ 3000+M, shut the engines down, go into a dive, let your speed build, and then try restarting

buchtik
03-19-2009, 10:50 AM
OK,but I need to start the engines on the ground,before taking off.

DrHerb
03-19-2009, 10:58 AM
on the me262, when you press "I" (assuming that is the button youre using for engine start) do you hear a low whirring sound?

buchtik
03-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by DrHerb:
on the me262, when you press "I" (assuming that is the button youre using for engine start) do you hear a low whirring sound?
Yes,I hear it when I have the cockpit wiev.It seems like the engines are started,but they have no power.

DrHerb
03-19-2009, 11:37 AM
OK, after the whirring has stopped, you should be hearing the engines spool up slowly, let them settle to their idle speed, however you need to be VERY careful and slow when you move the throttle, or else the engines will either A. Flame Out or B. Catch Fire.

Let me know how that works out for you

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-19-2009, 11:58 AM
As long as you hear that whirring sound when you press the engine start then there is nothing wrong with the game. I know when I fly jets and have to restart after a flameout I will sometimes have to press start, listen to it whir, try the throttle, nothing, press start to turn the engines off again, and repeat about 5-6 times before the engines finally catch and I get real thrust.

DrHerb
03-19-2009, 12:06 PM
I always bypassed that by starting the engines @ 100% throttle http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

buchtik
03-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Yes,I hear it when I have the cockpit wiev.It seems like the engines are started,but they have no power.
I hear it after I turn the engines off,but when I press "I",nothing happens,the whirring just keeps and it doesn't look like it can stop.But in campaign when I turn takeoffs and landings is everything okay during the first takeoff from home runway - motors start succesfully and I also hear the whirring.

DrHerb
03-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Sorry man, Im fresh out of Ideas at this point

I_JG78_Max
03-19-2009, 02:40 PM
How about patching? IL-2 had some bugs, not sure if this is one, but maybe it helps.

If you only have Forgotten Battles, you patch up to 1.22 from 1.0 with this patch: http://ubisoft-de.custhelp.com...d=1074615072&p_olh=0 (http://ubisoft-de.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft_de.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=tjJgKbtj&p_li=&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_file_id=1509&p_tbl=9&p_id=8977&p_created=1074615072&p_olh=0)

Do you use advanced engine managment?

buchtik
03-20-2009, 09:58 AM
no,I don't have advanced engine management.I also tried the patch and the only change is that when I try to re-start the engines,it writes that the engines are turned off.

jamesblonde1979
03-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Chocks?

rnzoli
03-20-2009, 10:28 AM
I try to re-start the engines,it writes that the engines are turned off. Usually this indicates a failed engine start!
Try this: select both engines, ****** your throttle to idle, gain speed above 250 km/h in shallow dive, select 1 engine, and try pressing the button 10 times with 2-3 sec delay in between. At one point, you should NOT get the "Engine: off" message, and that's when you should wait, it might be spooling up. Don't touch the throttle until stabilized.

I would be surprised if it works, but who knows...

buchtik
03-20-2009, 10:40 AM
chocks disables the wheels and I need to restart the engines on the ground.

jamesblonde1979
03-20-2009, 10:45 AM
chocks disables the wheels and I need to restart the engines on the ground.

You cant, the 262 doesn't have a JFS, you can only restart with the help of ground-crew which isn't modelled.

You can restart in the air if you're lucky and have 400+kmph airspeed.

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Ok, I'll have to try this again when I get home but I'm pretty sure you can restart those engines fairly easy, it just takes 5-10 tries to get it.

buchtik
03-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by jamesblonde1979:
You cant, the 262 doesn't have a JFS, you can only restart with the help of ground-crew which isn't modelled.
so it means that if I land somewhere on the ground away from the airport,I wouldn't be able to start the engines because there isn't any ground crew?

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-20-2009, 11:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamesblonde1979:
so it means that if I land somewhere on the ground away from the airport,I wouldn't be able to start the engines because there isn't any ground crew? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think that is the case ingame, I will test that tonight as well.

jamesblonde1979
03-20-2009, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamesblonde1979:
so it means that if I land somewhere on the ground away from the airport,I wouldn't be able to start the engines because there isn't any ground crew? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It means that if you stop the engines you won't be able to restart them unless you have airspeed to compensate for the lack of a generator.

If you want to cheat then engage the autopilot.

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Ok, I did some testing. I was able to successfully land and restart my engines no problem. I was also able to reproduce your problem of only getting "engine off" message no matter how many times I pressed the I key, but I did figure out how to restart from this problem. You have to set 0 throttle, and then dive until you are over 350kph. Then hit engine start and it should say engine on or whatever, leave throttle at 0 and wait for the spooling up sound to stop and then the low whine of the engine to start, then very slowly throttle up. Do this one engine at a time cause they may not both restart, sometimes there is a false start where it seems like it started but when you throttle up there is no thrust or engine flame.

DKoor
03-20-2009, 06:53 PM
To summarize; Me-262 may not be the greatest aircraft in game to do the engine airstart practice with.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

wheelsup_cavu
03-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Good to know all the tricks being posted here.
Every time I was able to get the Me 262 to restart I was 50 feet off the ground and sure I was going to crash.

Wheelsup