PDA

View Full Version : spit vb v 109 g2 and 190 a4

92SqnGCJimbo
02-13-2005, 07:09 PM
right ive been going over the forums over and over again.... and have come across many ppl yet again bashing the spit vb as supposed to be the the worse plane of this little trio...

with this i agree on most points..
and irl the spit fire ony had 2 advantages
turn rate and sustained turn..

now for in game.. what alot of ppl dont realise is the spit we have in game is the later mk vb with the more powerful merlin... even the 1941 spit has the 1943 engine... this is why some ppl struggle with it and start to complaign when what should ba a easy kill becomes a difficult one..

and i must say id love to have the earlier vb in it cause the one we have now i find very easy to kill most marks of both the 190 and 109.. even when i dont have the adantage

but another thing ppl dont realise is the skill margine varies greatly .. pll dont fly in formation etc.. so your nvr going to really be able to get a historic combat soloution from this game..

(excuse spelling and punctuation,grammer etc...) its 2am here and im buggered.. night all

92SqnGCJimbo
02-13-2005, 07:09 PM
right ive been going over the forums over and over again.... and have come across many ppl yet again bashing the spit vb as supposed to be the the worse plane of this little trio...

with this i agree on most points..
and irl the spit fire ony had 2 advantages
turn rate and sustained turn..

now for in game.. what alot of ppl dont realise is the spit we have in game is the later mk vb with the more powerful merlin... even the 1941 spit has the 1943 engine... this is why some ppl struggle with it and start to complaign when what should ba a easy kill becomes a difficult one..

and i must say id love to have the earlier vb in it cause the one we have now i find very easy to kill most marks of both the 190 and 109.. even when i dont have the adantage

but another thing ppl dont realise is the skill margine varies greatly .. pll dont fly in formation etc.. so your nvr going to really be able to get a historic combat soloution from this game..

(excuse spelling and punctuation,grammer etc...) its 2am here and im buggered.. night all

OldMan____
02-14-2005, 04:33 AM
Some people must keep in mind that some planes may be superior fighting plane A.. but inferior to B.. but A is superior to B.

just make some tests. Take in QMB a flight of 4 Corsair.. put them against 4 Spit LF Vb . Than do the same against 4 FW190A4.. you will notice its much harded to shoot that spits with the corsair.

But if you put 190A4 against Spit.. its not hard for FW to defeat it.

To AC combat is not like math properties A<B<C->A<C in fact is more like stone, paper and scissor.

OldMan____
02-14-2005, 04:35 AM
By the way.. this should not be here in ORR.

Vipez-
02-14-2005, 07:03 AM
yes in game spit Vb vs 109 F-4.. spit VB in my thought is superior, but that is understandable, after all we have a higher boosted Spit Vb.. Just I would think Oleg should change year marking to 1942, or make other seperate Spit Vb with slightly lower perfomance http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

At the moment, 109G2 vs Spit Vb is really tight fight imho.. but some dedicated spit pilots don't seem to understand they are both 1942-planes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VW-IceFire
02-14-2005, 12:26 PM
I still chuckle at the thought of the one guy in UK-Dedicated complaining about our 1943 Spitfires being up against his 1942 109G-2. Ironically enough, he was talking about the clipped wing Mark V which has a 1943 date on it. Performance and date have little to do with and the 109G-2 is infinitely superior.

lbhskier37
02-14-2005, 01:36 PM
I love the supposed BoB scenerio servers that have Emils versus Hurri IIbs and Spit Vs. That's a joke.

VW-IceFire
02-15-2005, 07:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lbhskier37:
I love the supposed BoB scenerio servers that have Emils versus Hurri IIbs and Spit Vs. That's a joke. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep but they added 109Fs when I said how badly matched that was. The 109F-4 is a good solid contender with the Mark V.

lbhskier37
02-15-2005, 08:07 AM
Its why we really need a Spit mk1. I've been wishing for that since IL2, instead we get 15 versions of latewar stuff. I guess uber late-war planes is what sells, sure looks like it if you see half the servers in HL (1944 WF everywhere).