PDA

View Full Version : New symbols by names in MP?

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 06:44 PM
I am just wondering what the new symbols by peoples' names mean. I figure it has something to do with templar score or templar grade, but they're symbols rather than numbers.

So far I've seen some little complex symbol I can't make out, the Anonymous symbol from AC1, and the templar vision symbol.

Not really sure what they mean. Any clues?

CharDude
01-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Go to the "Progression" tab and look at "Templar Score." It'll show your pyramid ranking, or the group you're classified as.

I'm a Grand Master. :3

Rainie
01-18-2011, 07:11 PM
oh hey me too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

FireTempest00
01-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Same!

m0nkeyrama
01-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by CharDude2010:
I'm a Grand Master. :3

This. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

zain_mastron
01-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Aww man, not only do I have to wait until tonight to see what rank I am, I'm also pretty confident my awful couple of rounds last night will cause me to be 'n00b' status. There is a n00b status, right?

papartusedmcrsk
01-18-2011, 08:59 PM
I was wondering about this as well. Figured it was Templar Score, but I didn't know where to look.

Anyone care to tell what their symbol for Grand Master is, just so I won't be too let down if it's not mine? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

najzere
01-18-2011, 09:03 PM
I think it looks back over the last four weeks, so a couple crappy sessions won't hurt you too badly. As far as I can tell it tracks your three highest and your overall total score for the time period.

I've been asking for this kind of scoring since the Beta to help matchmaking, but I think placement in sessions (1st, 2nd, etc.) is more accurate than raw scores, since the type of people you're playing against can raise or lower everyone's scores in a session. Placement never lies though.

I'm also worried about the total score, since it's weighted in favor of people who play more, which was the same problem as the levels.

EDIT:

Anyone care to tell what their symbol for Grand Master is, just so I won't be too let down if it's not mine?
It's the Abstergo logo.

XxKillaSniperxX
01-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Is this only for people with the dlc? I don't have that option under my progression menu.

obliviondoll
01-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:
Is this only for people with the dlc? I don't have that option under my progression menu.
Yes it is.

I don't have it either.

GibsonD90
01-19-2011, 09:49 AM
This has me sort of confused. I'm listed as Grand Master, but have only been playing multiplayer for a few weeks. I'm only level 27, but I'm grand master?? And I'm master in the 'all modes' section as well.

tallinn1960
01-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Although on Xbox there is no one rated so far, as the new score system has been introduced here just today, I will make a guess about how it works.

The pyramid features ten groups to put players in based on their performance. If you divide an isosceles triangle into ten slices at equal distances, you create ten areas of the size 1/100, 3/100, ... 19/100. The size of each area is the size of one portion of the player group participating in the ranking. To be rank 1 you must be better then 99% of all other players, to be rank 2 you must be better then 96% of the other players, rank 3 means you are roughly in the upper 10% part, and so on, until rank 10, which means you are not better then the worst 19% of the players.

Just a guess based on what I see on the screen and on the report that there are ten ranks overall.

E-Zekiel
01-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Grand Master, woot. Also, I don't think it's relevant to other players, just your overall performance and I would imagine both your point per kill and your point per match ratio.

HiTs4rMaBonG
01-19-2011, 11:03 AM
I dont get it....ive been playing a long while...i have no grade yet.....how many friggin games i gotta play..

SleezeRocker
01-19-2011, 11:19 AM
I think it's safe to say perhaps 90% of us (that actually play the game intendedly) on these forums are GRand Masters :P

Stilteman
01-19-2011, 11:25 AM
did you download the animus 2.0 DLC?

HiTs4rMaBonG
01-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Stilteman:
did you download the animus 2.0 DLC?
Obviously feller, or i wouldnt know anything about it..

Stilteman
01-19-2011, 11:50 AM
just checkin =D

Stilteman
01-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
I think it's safe to say perhaps 90% of us (that actually play the game intendedly) on these forums are GRand Masters :P
lmao yep http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Rainie
01-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by HiTs4rMaBonG:
I dont get it....ive been playing a long while...i have no grade yet.....how many friggin games i gotta play..

Are you playing Ranked matches?

E-Zekiel
01-19-2011, 12:54 PM
I don't think you have to play ranked matches to get a grade.

Mr_Shade
01-19-2011, 12:55 PM
I have asked if the team can share how it's all worked out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hydr4noid
01-19-2011, 01:25 PM
i think it only updates 1 time every week, this would explain why most of us xbox users donīt have any grade (if you look at the rankings only 10 guys somehow got a rank, think these are the ones who downloaded 2.0 first und played before the first cicle started). ps3ler have the templar score since dunno 3 weeks orso, this epxlains why they all got some rank. but hopefully ubisoft can tell us a little bit more about the mechanics. would be nice to know if completing gunchallenges like lucky shot (which hurts the average score per game/kill) is somehow rewarded or at least not that much punished if you play at least 3 good matches every week =D

HiTs4rMaBonG
01-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HiTs4rMaBonG:

Are you playing Ranked matches? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes'm, everyday.

tallinn1960
01-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by HiTs4rMaBonG:

On XBox no one beside the Ubisoft testers has a rank yet.

Xz SyKoTiiK zX
01-19-2011, 03:12 PM
I play ranked all the time and I don't even have a Templar rank. :\

Crumplecorn
01-19-2011, 03:13 PM
It doesn't seem to have to do with ranked matches. Rather, whether templar ranks or levels show up on the scoreboard determines whether a match counts or not.

tallinn1960
01-20-2011, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
It doesn't seem to have to do with ranked matches. Rather, whether templar ranks or levels show up on the scoreboard determines whether a match counts or not.

It has. I haven't played a ranked team mode match yet, and my Xbox is telling me that I have to to unlock the templar scoring for the modes related to that. Player games do not count.

Crumplecorn
01-20-2011, 05:00 AM
It has. I haven't played a ranked team mode match yet, and my Xbox is telling me that I have to to unlock the templar scoring for the modes related to that. Player games do not count. Perhaps you have to play some ranked games to unlock it then, but player matches certainly count after that.

Xz SyKoTiiK zX
01-20-2011, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by tallinn1960:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HiTs4rMaBonG:

On XBox no one beside the Ubisoft testers has a rank yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well that explains it then.

cptn_k
01-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
I have asked if the team can share how it's all worked out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Have the team shared anything yet Mr_Shade?

Would be good to know how it's all worked out, and what rank the different icons are for

TheECP
01-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Does anybody know if it has anything to do with how MUCH you play or just how well you play?

obliviondoll
01-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by TheECP:
Does anybody know if it has anything to do with how MUCH you play or just how well you play?
We know it's based on your top 3 scores in each mode during the week.

So a little of both.

TheECP
01-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I'm just wondering if someone who gets 4000, 3000, and 2000 as their top scores of the week, but only played those three games, will be in the same rank as someone who got 4000, 3000, and 2000 as their top scores but played 50 games that week.

obliviondoll
01-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by TheECP:
Yeah, I'm just wondering if someone who gets 4000, 3000, and 2000 as their top scores of the week, but only played those three games, will be in the same rank as someone who got 4000, 3000, and 2000 as their top scores but played 50 games that week.
Depends what their previous Templar Score was.

Each week, for four weeks, the best scores you earn are added together for each mode.

Once you have 4 weeks of records, you have a Templar Score.

3/4 of that score gets added to your next week's best 3, to find your new score.

If the players in your question above had similar, or identical, Templar Scores previously, then got top 3 scores which add to the same figure, then they'd end with the same difference in Templar Score as they had previously.

If you and a friend both have the same Templar Score, and you play 3 games, scoring 3000 points in each, while your friend plays 100 games, scoring 2000 in almost every match, but has 2 stand-out games where he scores 3000 and 4000, then you'll end up with the same Templar Score after the next update.

TheECP
01-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Alright, that's good, so really all that matters is consistently getting a good top 3 scores for the week.

EzioAssassin51
01-26-2011, 07:09 AM
I'm a sesnchinal (or whatever that word is) in team (second or third best i think) and i'm an Advisor overall (third or fourth best) so I'm near the top http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Mr_Shade
01-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by cptn_k:

Have the team shared anything yet Mr_Shade?

Would be good to know how it's all worked out, and what rank the different icons are for Nothing yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

But I do believe Gabe is working on some FAQ's etc at present - so most likely be included in those http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif