PDA

View Full Version : The higher your rank - the worse the multiplayer.

bobbysingh99
12-22-2010, 03:35 PM
On Manhunt I am finding that as im ranking up - the game is devolving into cheap tactics and reliance on perks such as Templar Vision. The thing is I wouldnt say Templar Vision is overpowered, but basically what happens is they know who I am and I know who they are, meaning I run and they chase - its boring and predictable!

It really seems like at the higher levels it becomes less about outwitting and detective work, and more about simply charging/ using templar vision and when on defence throwing a smoke bomb.

I have had multiple games where the same tactics have been used, sadly making the game boring - on attack I know 9/10 my targets are going to simply throw a smokebomb and stun. and on Defence I know 9/10 my persuers are simply going to charge/ Templar Vision. This isnt a case of 'if you cant beat them, join them' because these tactics are making a potentially great multiplayer dull!

Just now I played a game where on attack they all seemed to use Templar Vision - which basically blew my cover (and theres) and just led to chases. Then on defence 2 of them stayed in the tunnel system on the Montreggioni map - my only real option was to use the gun which I didnt have equipped - anything else would at best earn me at best just 1 kill but then an immediate stun.

The other 2 spent most of that game Free running, so it was ultimatly the worst game ive ever played. I actually havent seen that tactic before, the fact that they non stop ran on rooftops basically meant that going after them was mostly going to lead to chases, meaning we couldnt earn many points.

Is there any chance we can have a Barebones playlist? One which just has the mindmessing perks such as Disguise/ Morph/ Decoy/ Fireworks etc and non of the aggressive perks like Templar Vision/ Charge and maybe even Smokebomb?

The game shouldnt be about people walking up to eachother - and then using a perk to identify they're target - it should be about the detective work.

bobbysingh99
12-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Sorry double post.

Inorganic9_2
12-22-2010, 03:48 PM
I often find that, as a pursuer, using disguise helps me get close to my targets as they are, mor eoftne than not, looking out for the team persona. Other than that, I can;t sya much. I don't play many manhunt matches (because they've all usually started when I join, which I don't enjoy)

afrolarry
12-22-2010, 03:52 PM
i agree, all these perks are just making it a series of quicktime events. YOU ARE SPOTTED! press LB to escape (smokebomb)

i want to go back to just pistol and disguise

sandmanssorrow
12-22-2010, 04:06 PM
When they use TV they identify themselves to you also making for an easy stun. Hide with your buddies so the TV shows the Hunter several targets and makes him pause and either rethink his approach or get mobbed. TV can't see you in a haystack.
It felt this way for me too early on in the later levels but as I play more and other players get more indoctrinated to different strategies the game play is actually becoming even more diverse than it was in the beginning.
Your lvl means you are playing with newer players, as you get higher you'll start rubbing shoulders with some grandfather 50's that really roll differently.

bobbysingh99
12-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by sandmanssorrow:
When they use TV they identify themselves to you also making for an easy stun. Hide with your buddies so the TV shows the Hunter several targets and makes him pause and either rethink his approach or get mobbed. TV can't see you in a haystack.
It felt this way for me too early on in the later levels but as I play more and other players get more indoctrinated to different strategies the game play is actually becoming even more diverse than it was in the beginning.
Your lvl means you are playing with newer players, as you get higher you'll start rubbing shoulders with some grandfather 50's that really roll differently.

Im almost a level 40 now and regularly get matched up with and against 50's so I really don't think im going to see anything new which makes me appreciate the game.

I do play solo though, so I guess to see the tactics that take out the frustration of the cheaper perks comes with good teammates?

You up for partying up for a game or 2 and showing me what you know? At this point im sceptical that the higher levels of this game are as much fun as the lower levels.

Janoian
12-22-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm a poison player and I actually prefer playing with the higher level ranks, I mean they have more effective tactics but it's better than getting 100 point kills because some people only run over roofs.

I'm actually only playing in advanced wanted, it's the only place i can safely play without seeing too much roof running idiots or people that shoot with guns from 10 feet away

Jack-Reacher
12-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Once you hit way over level 50, the game changes even more and all these "cheap " abilities have counters.