PDA

View Full Version : New FMs and stall behavior

Eraser_tr
04-05-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone can speak about the new flight models we'll get hopefully before arthritis sets in and we can't use our joysticks anymore.

As is, stall characteristics are not modeled very well at all. It's a very simple: pull too hard on the elevators -> drop from the air like a rock in a hard spin, the only difference I've ever seen is how hard you can turn without going into a spin. Will the new FMs be improved in this area? as in different planes stalling in different ways? Some planes should just drift back into an AoA that generates enough lift, some do snap rolls or dip a wing less severely while only a few (ie P-39) easily get into such bad situations.

Eraser_tr
04-05-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone can speak about the new flight models we'll get hopefully before arthritis sets in and we can't use our joysticks anymore.

As is, stall characteristics are not modeled very well at all. It's a very simple: pull too hard on the elevators -> drop from the air like a rock in a hard spin, the only difference I've ever seen is how hard you can turn without going into a spin. Will the new FMs be improved in this area? as in different planes stalling in different ways? Some planes should just drift back into an AoA that generates enough lift, some do snap rolls or dip a wing less severely while only a few (ie P-39) easily get into such bad situations.

VW-IceFire
04-05-2005, 02:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eraser_tr:

As is, stall characteristics are not modeled very well at all. It's a very simple: pull too hard on the elevators -&gt; drop from the air like a rock in a hard spin, the only difference I've ever seen is how hard you can turn without going into a spin. Will the new FMs be improved in this area? as in different planes stalling in different ways? Some planes should just drift back into an AoA that generates enough lift, some do snap rolls or dip a wing less severely while only a few (ie P-39) easily get into such bad situations. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
None of the beta testers can talk about it. They already said quite a bit on SimHQ but nothing really detailed. I believe they have all signed NDA's and therefore are legally bound not to say anything. So I wouldn't expect much back.

But yes, probably stalls will be much better. The answer is "probably yes".

Eraser_tr
04-05-2005, 03:20 PM
What timezone is the 1C office in?

No use checking for a release when its the middle of the night there.

9th_Spitin
04-05-2005, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eraser_tr:
What timezone is the 1C office in?

No use checking for a release when its the middle of the night there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sit back and relax, you will go nuts waiting on the patch.

fordfan25
04-05-2005, 09:04 PM
nuts ? NUTS? WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT NUTS HU!?? I BEEN WAIING FOR PATCH AND ME NO NUTS NUTS AT ALL. what ? what that i hear. hu who me ....no i dont want to shave the cat's .......with a apple?? i dont even LiKe OrEnGcobAbs. DoDeDaDenKEl fu fu cachoo. WHAT?? what ki84 ki84 ki84 ki84 ik48 ik48 48ik 84ik i4k8.....hu spam ...spam in the can spam in the can spamo wamo wamo me aint am not NuTzzzzzzzzzzz http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif