PDA

View Full Version : righ side status text

Zarquen
07-21-2007, 04:12 AM
Hey, I'm just wondering if there's anyway to get rid of the text on the right side of the screen, those annoying status messages, like throttle settings, damage, flaps, etc. Thanks!

Zarquen
07-21-2007, 04:12 AM
Hey, I'm just wondering if there's anyway to get rid of the text on the right side of the screen, those annoying status messages, like throttle settings, damage, flaps, etc. Thanks!

Fireball_
07-21-2007, 05:15 AM
There's no game control that remove those messages, but there might be a setting you can change manually in the config file. I'm sure someone will be along directly with that answer.

But be aware that there are some controls that don't have a visual indication in the cockpit. 'Tailwheel locked' is one that comes to mind. So if you remove those messages, you won't be able to tell the current status of some of your aircraft controls. And I'm sure there are more.

Codex1971
07-21-2007, 05:32 AM
Open the conf.ini file

Under [game] look for NoHudLog=0 and make it =1.

i.e. NoHudLog=1

Then save the change.

As fireball said, there are some functions displayed on the Hud that are not displayed visually in the cocpit like "Radiator Position".

x6BL_Brando
07-21-2007, 07:02 AM
Yes, as above by fireball & codex, and you will lose visual cues to supercharger position, mixture setting, flap status (like combat, takeoff, and jammed!) and prop-pitch; all settings mostly a matter of memory without the log.

I certainly prefer the HudLog off, but it has its price as far as complex engine management is concerned.

B

Crash_Moses
07-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Here's a little program that might help with that: UDPSpeed (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/2511087684/p/1)

It allows you to display cockpit gauges and warning lights on a second networked PC using devicelink data (you can also display it on a second monitor attached to your main system but you'd better have a high end system...)

The above thread details BF-109 gauges and there is a link to some Spitfire gauges over in the devicelink thread in the technical support forum.

I'm currently working on a set of SBD gauges.