PDA

View Full Version : What happened to my FOV?

Mark5001953
07-26-2006, 09:20 AM
I have installed and run FB-AEP-PF (with TrakIR 4) on my Dell laptop with great results (including all current merged patches).

Last night, I started it up to get a liitle flying time and I noticed my default FOV felt strange. It appeared my seat had moved forward about 12-inches. I could not easily see the mirror and my virtual face is much closer to the front of the cockpit. I tried setting keys for a larger FOV, but this tends to warp the interior graphics. Any way to "restore" my beloved "normal" FOV?

Thanks.

triad773
07-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Try Shift-F1. That's for the gunsight view. That or try delete, end, or page down keys to adjust view. That should fix it I think.

Mark5001953
07-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Thanks, Triad. I tried the Shift-F1 and Delete. End and Page Down keys. They all provide the proper response, but my "Normal" FOV still shows me sitting forward too much. I reinstalled the TrackIR software thinking that may be the problem, but no joy.

I'm thinking I may have to do a fresh install of FB-AEP-PF, but I would like to avoid doing all that again if I can help it.

Mark5001953
07-26-2006, 09:43 AM
I might also add that I then checked the FOV on some other flight sims I enjoy (Over Flanders Fields, Falcon 4.0, and Wings Over Vietnam). The FOV settings for these other sims appear the same as before. These sims are also TrackIR compatible, with OFF incorporating the 6DOF (in which I can move my head forward, backward and side to side). Not sure why the change in my FOV for Pacific Fighters (still my favorite, BTW).

Hoatee
07-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Perhaps the seat is 'switched on' (the seat feature was added to the game, remember, to make take off and landing easier).

triad773
07-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Also just thought of this: see that your in-game resolution didn't get changed somehow.

Otherwise, it might be as Hoatee said and your seat got raised somehow.

Best of luck with that

sc1949
07-27-2006, 03:12 AM
There are also "Increase FOV" & "Decrease FOV" keys in controls, you may need to set a key.

EJGrOst_Caspar
07-27-2006, 04:32 AM
Make sure you don't have a widescreen (as me). If the game is displayed in normal resolution settings on a widescreen it gets cut on upper and lower edge, so it might let you think the FoV is more forward.

Putting the correct resolution in conf.ini, plus resolution changing 'off' (also in conf.ini), does fixing this (although you will get some black bars on each side by then).

Mark5001953
07-27-2006, 09:14 AM
I suspect something's up with my system. I decided to uninstall and do a fresh install. The normal FOV was restored as I progressed through FB and AEP. Now I have another issue: the PF installer won't let me install the combined FB-AEP-PF. When I uninstalled, I did not manually delete the residual files, which probably means the computer still "reads" that the merged FB-AEP-PF is already installed.

Oh well, looks like another uninstall, with another fresh install (this time deleting the residual program files first).

BTW, the reinstall cleared the problem (whatever it was). I think you guys are probably right - some issue with in-game resolution, but all my exploration showed that all resolutions were unchanged (highest resolution) with graphics settings at Excellent). I'll be out of the ground mechanics shop soon and flying again. (Besides, I still have the full install on my desktop.)

Thanks for your help. It's appreciated.