PDA

View Full Version : Countering Brutes (Brotherhood)

Razrback16
01-03-2011, 05:09 AM
When heavy weapon is equipped, I've found that I cannot counter a standard Brute assault like you could in AC2 when being equipped with a heavy weapon, have you guys found the same?

kriegerdesgottes
01-03-2011, 05:42 AM
I wouldn't know since there are only two in the whole freaking game after you beat it. What I did notice though was that it is a lot harder to disarm people than in the second game. You can still disarm the agiles and seekers pretty easy but everyone else is a pain to disarm including the brutes. Also I think it's stupid that you pretty much can't block at all anymore and that some people absolutely can not be hit without using a counterattack or during a kill streak.

Razrback16
01-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I wouldn't know since there are only two in the whole freaking game after you beat it. What I did notice though was that it is a lot harder to disarm people than in the second game. You can still disarm the agiles and seekers pretty easy but everyone else is a pain to disarm including the brutes. Also I think it's stupid that you pretty much can't block at all anymore and that some people absolutely can not be hit without using a counterattack or during a kill streak.

Yeah what I've taken to doing is basically with any non-standard guy (brutes, seekers, papal guards), I dodge their initial attack and then kill them with 2-3 quick hits to start the execution streak then I just go into double-execution kill-mode as fast as I can. But it would be nice if I could fight the same way I did in AC2 (exclusively with throwing knives, and disarm people occasionally) but like you said, you can't block for crap anymore which sucks. In AC2 he used his gauntlets to block attacks but in ACB you just get blasted if you try to do that. The combat system could've been so much better if they had just taken the best aspects of AC2 and combined them with kill-streaking.

Inorganic9_2
01-03-2011, 02:17 PM
You can block fine still. Well, you can with a sword. Something in my mind is saying that blocking with a heavy weapon cannot be done, but I'm not sure if I dreamt that or not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I know you can't counter heavy or long weapons with a heavy weapon anymore. Disarms are fine. If you cannot disarm a brute, try taunting him; makes him more susceptible to a disarm.

itsamea-mario
01-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Oh dear there goes the invincibility button.

V I V A GARCIA
06-15-2011, 04:14 PM
the only way to counter brutes or seekers (spear wielding guards) with a heavy weapons is mid kill in a combo kill streak or countering another guard so you have to be in the process of kill streak killing a guard then the brute or seeker attacks you and you counter that attack you will be able to counter them with your heavy weapon in case that was to confusing. mid kill animation you would be killing a guard in combat then here comes brute or seeker with an attack to interrupt you killing that guy then you can counter said brute or seeker only while you were executing another guard in a kill streak or countering another guard then a brute or seeker trys to attack you then you can counter that attack so countering brutes or seekers with heavy weapons is alot rarer than in AC2

V I V A GARCIA
06-15-2011, 04:17 PM
you can disarm brutes and elite guards in ACB you just have to taunt them which works pretty well most of the time you taunt even if a guard was about to attack you all the guards stop what they are doing an let the guard that you just taunted attack you then you can disarm the guard you just taunted
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

V I V A GARCIA
06-15-2011, 04:21 PM
in terms of blocking attack you can it depends on what type of guard your blocking and the deflect statistics of that weapon if you like blocking more use a weapon with more deflect stat fast fighter use more speedy weapons
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
You can block fine still. Well, you can with a sword. Something in my mind is saying that blocking with a heavy weapon cannot be done, but I'm not sure if I dreamt that or not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I know you can't counter heavy or long weapons with a heavy weapon anymore. Disarms are fine. If you cannot disarm a brute, try taunting him; makes him more susceptible to a disarm.

k20ml
06-15-2011, 09:32 PM
valdemar_542

There is an edit button. Use it.