PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades.

DARKmaster702
02-18-2007, 05:43 PM
I dont think there are any told upgrades for weapons, besides making them being stronger. tell what kind of upgrades you think there are going to be.

Num3n
02-18-2007, 06:21 PM
i dont think that there will be upgrades in the sense that you keep the same item and make it better... but i think that there will be better items and such...

but in reality, ask yourself what kind of things people had in those days... something can only be so good that time... its not like you can get a lightsaber instead of a sword etc..

TheRealJimV
02-18-2007, 06:35 PM
it will be cool if like in Prince of Persia you could be able to change your sword for an other.

Rocky387123
02-18-2007, 08:28 PM
I don't remember in wich video i heard it but Jade said that there's a little side of rpg and that Altair is getting better.. (is that weapons, is that abilities... we don't know yet). Anyways we will all know that when the game will be release!

RetiredHatch
02-18-2007, 08:43 PM
I don't understand the whole make your sword better thing if you get stabbed in the gut with a sword you're going to die the same if it's dull or the sharpest blade in the whole world

BD360
02-18-2007, 10:09 PM
I believe I read somewhere that you start the game as a master assassin, with all your equipment and skills, but then after the first assassination you are stripped of your abilities/equipment and have to "level-up" to regain that stuff.

So, we may have already seen all of the equipment and stuff if the gameplay demo is an assassination as the master assassin. Maybe the crossbow and throwing knives are some of those weapons that you have to "level-up" to get.

noobfun
02-19-2007, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by BD360:
I believe I read somewhere that you start the game as a master assassin, with all your equipment and skills, but then after the first assassination you are stripped of your abilities/equipment and have to "level-up" to regain that stuff.

So, we may have already seen all of the equipment and stuff if the gameplay demo is an assassination as the master assassin. Maybe the crossbow and throwing knives are some of those weapons that you have to "level-up" to get. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

that pretty much what jade said in the video rocky387123 is talking about, besides if you could buy new swords etc (kinda dumb idea for this game) id go grab one of damascus steel and laugh as it cuts through european swords

XxKillabytexX
02-19-2007, 02:15 AM
ACTUALLY Jade said that you start the game off with your initation from a Novice to a Master (or somthing like that [It means that your ready to go out and kill people])that is when you get your finger cut off and the blade instaled. But I belive that you do level up by getting more weapons and stuff. Also I herd that the horse you ride can be trained with commands to scale buildings and help you with your assassinations and stuff so that might be a way of leveling up as well.

Claustraphobia
02-19-2007, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by RetiredHatch:
I don't understand the whole make your sword better thing if you get stabbed in the gut with a sword you're going to die the same if it's dull or the sharpest blade in the whole world

Well, the look of the blade should be pleasant, you don't exacly want to be running around with a rusty metal thing, you want a shiny, sharp blade that has an awesome name, and if you do get stabbed in the gut with a sword you could live, if your stabbed with a rusty blade you will die (In the real world).

noobfun
02-19-2007, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by XxKillabytexX:
ACTUALLY Jade said that you start the game off with your initation from a Novice to a Master (or somthing like that [It means that your ready to go out and kill people])that is when you get your finger cut off and the blade instaled. But I belive that you do level up by getting more weapons and stuff. Also I herd that the horse you ride can be trained with commands to scale buildings and help you with your assassinations and stuff so that might be a way of leveling up as well.

were talking about different videos, quit crying at my posts im starting to think you got a crush on me or somink, and stop quoting my other posts as "some guy said" or "i heard"

BD360
02-19-2007, 07:28 AM
Here is the ACTUAL quote, of what Jade ACTUALLY said

Jade Raymond: Yes. One of our designers is a massive RPG fan and one of our goals was to achieve the satisfaction of levelling-up. A lot of really cool rewards spring from our RPG elements. You start out the game as a Master Assassin with all of your abilities, and at the end of the first mission your rank is stripped away. And then you spend the rest of the game completing missions and trying to regain your previous standing with the Assassin clan. The RPG elements are very much tied into the story.

shinidatwin
02-19-2007, 09:13 AM
yeah i didn't read everything but Jade does say that you can get better weapons and abilities as you go on

XxKillabytexX
02-20-2007, 01:14 AM
Here is the ACTUAL quote, of what Jade ACTUALLY said

Jade Raymond: Yes. One of our designers is a massive RPG fan and one of our goals was to achieve the satisfaction of levelling-up. A lot of really cool rewards spring from our RPG elements. You start out the game as a Master Assassin with all of your abilities, and at the end of the first mission your rank is stripped away. And then you spend the rest of the game completing missions and trying to regain your previous standing with the Assassin clan. The RPG elements are very much tied into the story.

Show us a link to that vid or pice of information. Cause in the Dev Diary Jade said otherwise.

XxKillabytexX
02-20-2007, 01:16 AM
quit crying at my posts im starting to think you got a crush on me or somink, and stop quoting my other posts as "some guy said" or "i heard"
We just happen to bump into each other...maby its your sorce of bad information or somthing.

noobfun
02-20-2007, 03:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Here is the ACTUAL quote, of what Jade ACTUALLY said

Show us a link to that vid or pice of information. Cause in the Dev Diary Jade said otherwise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmm try doing what the rest of us do .... go find the info its out there

and which info has poor sources? the many interviews jade has given both film and written... or the historical info of the nizari i got from historically accurate material rather then wikipedia which is written by people with a little knowledge about a subject but not a deep understanding of it.....

XxKillabytexX
02-20-2007, 04:03 AM
Im just saying that I don't belive what he is saying cause if you listen to the Dev Diry......

well I think you know what im going to say.

noobfun
02-20-2007, 04:15 AM
Im just saying that I don't belive what he is saying cause if you listen to the Dev Diry......

well I think you know what im going to say.

which dev diary? there are 3, but only 1 is on the official site

then theres 4 other video interviews ive seen jade give, probabily more out there if you look hard enough

lack of proof is not proof of lack, just because you havnt come acroos it yet doesnt mean its not real, just that you havnt come across it

XxKillabytexX
02-20-2007, 04:18 AM
I've seen the other 3 vids and Jade says the same thing.

By the way you do realise that your contradicting yourself don't you.

noobfun
02-20-2007, 04:24 AM
I've seen the other 3 vids and Jade says the same thing.

By the way you do realise that your contradicting yourself don't you.

which part?

XxKillabytexX
02-20-2007, 04:30 AM
In the other fourm you are saying that Jade's history is ****. Now your saying that she is correct.

WTF man.

noobfun
02-20-2007, 04:53 AM
In the other fourm you are saying that Jade's history is ****. Now your saying that she is correct.

WTF man.

ahh cant stick to an argumental idea you kind of try and draw everything in no matter how irrelavant,

please show me on this thread where im saying jades historical info is correct?

in here were talking about the possabilities of upgrading weapons, or how you will accuire newer ones ..... not history

im not some highschool inbred ******, ill debate stuff with you but if its going to get you all emotional and grasping for any thread to throw in to make it an argument your out of luck

tailstriker
02-20-2007, 01:08 PM
i think, maybe there are different versions of weapons.

i mean, a sword is pretty basic, but we all know he has his wrist switchblade thing, and a crossbow.

and in the other thread, there were a bunch of contradictions when we examined his switchblade, but one of the possible explinations for it could be different versions or models of the switchblade...

also, a crossbow would be pretty easy to modify, or have different versions of.

kierentod
02-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Maybe you can buy other types of weapons like better arrows or something . I dont know if you can actually buy stuff but i hope you can.

XxKillabytexX
02-21-2007, 03:10 AM
quote:

WTF man.

ahh cant stick to an argumental idea you kind of try and draw everything in no matter how irrelavant,

please show me on this thread where im saying jades historical info is correct?

in here were talking about the possabilities of upgrading weapons, or how you will accuire newer ones ..... not history

im not some highschool inbred ******, ill debate stuff with you but if its going to get you all emotional and grasping for any thread to throw in to make it an argument your out of luck

I don't want to anoy these people and clog up this thred with our stupid argument so send us a PM or start a new thred I suggest the "Lets all bag out XxKillabytexX" thred.

kierentod
02-21-2007, 10:44 AM
WTF ? KILLABYTE ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

XxKillabytexX
02-22-2007, 01:16 AM
what about me?

You do know I was being sarcastic don't you?

noobfun
02-22-2007, 05:59 AM
what about me?

lmao

XxKillabytexX
02-23-2007, 12:43 AM
what about me?

lmao

Oh screw you noobfun

quicksilver_502
02-23-2007, 08:57 AM
everyone should stop insulting each other before this thread is locked. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

as to upgrades, i think it would be cool to get throwing knives that are more balanced or something.

DARKmaster702
03-10-2007, 05:02 PM
x

Ebai1990
03-10-2007, 05:13 PM
wow that was a massive bump

AC__fo__PS3
03-11-2007, 10:57 AM
I think u could start out with lets say a european longsword and then as you go on you can buy or upgrade to a scmitar or something

and maybe you could get better boots with more grip, or a spring switchblade, gloves are also a option

noobfun
03-13-2007, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by AC__fo__PS3:
I think u could start out with lets say a european longsword and then as you go on you can buy or upgrade to a scmitar or something

and maybe you could get better boots with more grip, or a spring switchblade, gloves are also a option

but why a european longsword he's from the middle east..... damascus steel cut through european steel with enough force and stayed sharp

a short sword would be better suited to a denfesive combat style then a scimitar

climbing boots? yeah maybe he ran to japan and grabbed a pair of takarge (spelling?)climbing spikes

the upgrades are gona be more like you get your throwing daggers you get your crossbow etc

its got an rpg element not it is an rpg, its more the character leveling up and wondering around finding out stuff rather then going to your local merchant shop to buy potions and spell books and black ink for your armour

RetiredHatch
03-14-2007, 01:33 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif