PDA

View Full Version : carrier takeoff,after the patch

jchenry
01-25-2005, 06:21 PM
even after this latest patch,the f4u loaded with2 500 lb bombs still hits the water on takeoff on the essex at fairly high speed,,what is the problem? also after landing on a carrier how can you reposition it for another takeoff?THANKS..

heywooood
01-25-2005, 06:29 PM
do you run the engine to full power....then release chocks, and with flaps preset at combat...gear up the second you leave the deck?....extend flaps to takeoff....nose level...build speed...retract flaps...slide the canopy closed....and proceed.

to reposition? after landing near the fantail you can get up again...but if you trap late?...fogedaboudit....that is the incentive to either trap early or go around.

Treetop64
01-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Well, I dunno...

Historicly, was the Corsair actually able to take-off from a carrier laden with a pair of 2500 pounders? With full fuel? I believe the Marines were able to do it, albeit from long strips at land bases, but the Navy fliers had to comprimise a bit when it came to weight-and-balances for carrier take-offs, I think.

heywooood
01-25-2005, 06:43 PM
he has two 500lbers and no, not without a catapult.

ingame - my deal works with 25percent fuel load.

3.JG51_BigBear
01-25-2005, 07:05 PM
A lot of these loads were only fitted onto Marine operated aircraft that flew from land strips. In 1944 the US Navy started introducing catapults which allowed fighters to take off with these heavy loads. Without the catapults we can't expect too much.

VW-IceFire
01-25-2005, 07:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jchenry:
even after this latest patch,the f4u loaded with2 500 lb bombs still hits the water on takeoff on the essex at fairly high speed,,what is the problem? also after landing on a carrier how can you reposition it for another takeoff?THANKS.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Takeoff procedure for aircraft with heavy loads has been repeated countless times. It works.

Use flaps at end of runway, use rudder trim to counter torque, use 120% fuel mix, run engine to full steady RPM before releasing chalks, drop flaps to maxium after leaving the deck, push the stick forward on release of chocks to get the aircraft speed up. Full maximal loads may not be possible without the use of a catapult...which we don't have. Many strikes flown by Corsairs were done without the use of catapults and strikes are capable in this game too.

J_Weaver
01-25-2005, 08:35 PM
I can get a Corsair Mk1 off the The HMS Illustrious( moving a 40kph) with full fuel and 2 500 pounders. Its close though.
I have no trouble getting the F4U-1D off of the Essex(again moving at 40kph) with rockets, 2 500 pounders and full fuel. Both times using the methods describled by IceFire.

Pratice pratice pratice m8 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sockeye45
01-25-2005, 11:27 PM
I can get the F4U-1D off the deck of the Essex or Intrepid, with a full tank of gas, three 1000-pounders, and eight rockets, easily when the ships are running at full speed. Even the AI in my flight can.

The only thing I do differently than what's been said already, is that I fire both magnetos for my engine.

This is with 3.04... 3.03 was another story http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif