PDA

View Full Version : .trk and 4.02

blakduk
01-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Has anyone else noticed that playing back .trk files is more vulnerable to anomalies under 4.02?
I've read Tully's explanation for the difference between .trk's and .ntrk's and realise now that .trk's are prone to a 'chaos' effect- minute variations in playback (caused by processing delays such as stuttering or changing views or play speed etc) can cause escalating differences in the simulation as it continues to play.
I understand that the physics model now used to simulate flight is more complex and i wondered if this increased the chance for variation in playback.
It has gotten to the stage now that i cannot rely on .trk files to replay what has occured in my offline missions. It's a real shame as i learned a lot from watching the ridiculous ways i get killed from various angles.
It only happened once or twice to me before whereas now its a regular problem.

This is a small gripe- i love the feel of 4.02 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

blakduk
01-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Has anyone else noticed that playing back .trk files is more vulnerable to anomalies under 4.02?
I've read Tully's explanation for the difference between .trk's and .ntrk's and realise now that .trk's are prone to a 'chaos' effect- minute variations in playback (caused by processing delays such as stuttering or changing views or play speed etc) can cause escalating differences in the simulation as it continues to play.
I understand that the physics model now used to simulate flight is more complex and i wondered if this increased the chance for variation in playback.
It has gotten to the stage now that i cannot rely on .trk files to replay what has occured in my offline missions. It's a real shame as i learned a lot from watching the ridiculous ways i get killed from various angles.
It only happened once or twice to me before whereas now its a regular problem.

This is a small gripe- i love the feel of 4.02 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Saunders1953
01-02-2006, 06:45 PM
I can't rely on either the .trk or the .ntrk recordings. They both screw up pretty easily since 4.01 or 4.02.