PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty level

Shaevar
11-14-2007, 07:20 AM
Is there any way we can choose a difficulty level in this game? Like easy, normal or hard?

Or is it just the same difficulty for everyone?

jonavoly
11-14-2007, 07:27 AM
apparently there is...

It doesn't change anything but the AI, so i would suggest going to hard so you get the best most realistic experience...

pillaysteven
11-14-2007, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Shaevar:
Is there any way we can choose a difficulty level in this game? Like easy, normal or hard?

Or is it just the same difficulty for everyone?

Still waiting for someone to confirm whether or not there is. There have been rumours...

b-busher
11-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Yeah rumours about sites not turning up the difficulty and saying the game is too easy.

MiniAssasin
11-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by b-busher:
Yeah rumours about sites not turning up the difficulty and saying the game is too easy.

i think its been confirmed by many people who own the game that there is no difficulty option

Shaevar
11-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Can someone whos has the game please answer? it would lighten up my day!

lunaticpanda101
11-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Yeah i really want to know to, can someone please tell us!

Opticaly
11-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Yeh, it has, go to Options/Settings then change it

insane1111
11-14-2007, 09:33 AM
People on the gamespot forum who had the game said it didn't have a difficulty option =/

jonavoly
11-14-2007, 09:41 AM
I know! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

The Xbox 360 has a outside of game difficulty setting (some sort of control box)

The PS3, doesn't... hterefore, the PS3 must be the version with the difficulty in the menu! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AirRon_2K7
11-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Yeah, but the 360 also let's you choose default colours, which did jack**** when you actually played the game.

GuStick93
11-14-2007, 09:48 AM
default colors ?
does it mean we wont be able to raise the difficulty ? i dont want to kill some guy infront of a guard only to hear him say " WHO DID THIS TO YOU"

AirRon_2K7
11-14-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm gonna try and see how dumb the guards are... I'm even gonna try stabbing them and see if they react if I blend. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Exassassin
11-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
I'm gonna try and see how dumb the guards are... I'm even gonna try stabbing them and see if they react if I blend. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Most definitely. I've got to see that with my own eyes for once. I don't really take advantage of glitches in games but it would be fun to try it out for once.

On a side note:

Is it true that there are difficulty settings in this game, and that the 360 automatically puts it on hard if you changed it trough the dashboard?

MiniAssasin
11-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Exassassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:

Most definitely. I've got to see that with my own eyes for once. I don't really take advantage of glitches in games but it would be fun to try it out for once.

On a side note:

Is it true that there are difficulty settings in this game, and that the 360 automatically puts it on hard if you changed it trough the dashboard? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what are people talking about with the xbox 360 having an outside control box for difficulty and summin about colours...i have a 360 and dont have a clue what yas are talking about lol

plz enlighten me

whoopedazz
11-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Lol.. I stabbed a guard, then i blended and stabbed another guard right after, then two guards came over and asked "Who did this to you?" And then i stabbed them both ..! XD ..
And then i blended in, and they never found me ..

b-busher
11-14-2007, 10:19 AM
I dont think thats something to laugh about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

AirRon_2K7
11-14-2007, 10:22 AM
If you're worried about it being a major glitch... don't do it. It really isn't even a problem, since it's just an easy way out...

MiniAssasin
11-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by b-busher:
I dont think thats something to laugh about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

that gets me every time i think its hilarious.

no ones making you use the blend btw

Astalder
11-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Your profile for your Xbox 360 has a set of options you can set to make things more convenient. You can set things like default difficulty, your default color scheme in online play (ie Halo), whether or not Automatic or Manual is default in a racing game, etc. People seem to be saying that there is no difficulty option within the game, but depending what your default is on your Xbox 360 profile you may be playing a different difficulty. This might happen if they originally developed two difficulty levels then decided to remove that choice just by taking the option off the menu.

Note: People testing this, changing the option in your profile after starting a game of AC likely does nothing. You might need to erase all traces of the game from your hard drive to overwrite the original difficulty you had it on. Odds are, as with many games, your difficulty level is bundled in with your saves or with a separate game settings save, which the 360 does not attempt to override. The profile option is merely decides what the difficulty is set to that first time you start playing a new game.

Note: We have seen this before, the Bioshock Demo was restricted to Easy and Normal modes, but if your default difficulty was Hard then you were circumventing the simplistic 'lets just remove the menu option' restriction.

b-busher
11-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Sooo...it their a difficulty level or not and what about the ps3?

insane1111
11-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Seriously. I always see people complaining about the blending and bench glitches. If you don't like them don't use them, it's really not that difficult. Just run along the roofs and hide or fight the guards.

MiniAssasin
11-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Astalder:
Your profile for your Xbox 360 has a set of options you can set to make things more convenient. You can set things like default difficulty, your default color scheme in online play (ie Halo), whether or not Automatic or Manual is default in a racing game, etc. People seem to be saying that there is no difficulty option within the game, but depending what your default is on your Xbox 360 profile you may be playing a different difficulty. This might happen if they originally developed two difficulty levels then decided to remove that choice just by taking the option off the menu.

Note: People testing this, changing the option in your profile after starting a game of AC likely does nothing. You might need to erase all traces of the game from your hard drive to overwrite the original difficulty you had it on. Odds are, as with many games, your difficulty level is bundled in with your saves or with a separate game settings save, which the 360 does not attempt to override. The profile option is merely decides what the difficulty is set to that first time you start playing a new game.

Note: We have seen this before, the Bioshock Demo was restricted to Easy and Normal modes, but if your default difficulty was Hard then you were circumventing the simplistic 'lets just remove the menu option' restriction.

hmm good to know

btw i have a core system can i still do all this

Raide
11-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Dear All,

In regards to the difficulty level in Assassins Creed, neither the 360 or PS3 version gives you the option to change the difficulty level.

Raide
Uk Forum Manager

Astalder
11-14-2007, 10:34 AM
To access these settings:

1) Go to the Xbox Live Dashboard tab.

2) Click A on your profile.

3) Select "Game Defaults".

4) Select "General".

There it is. It should be the same for every variant of 360, this is purely software.

PS. I have no clue if this'll do anything to AC, it's purely rumor and will require testing. We're not talking about whether or not AC has a difficulty setting option, we're talking about whether or not embedded in the software somewhere there's different sets of AI behaviors that people are getting purely on which default difficulty they're using. This would be a "bug" resulting from the scrapping of a difficulty option without the removal of the additional behaviors, leading to the 360 picking one behind the scenes via this option. If this is really happening, for all we know Hard is the right difficulty and anyone not playing on Hard is playing a bugged AI never meant to be seen.

A lot of people seem to think the guy that brought this up was saying there's a difficulty option on the in game menu. Said people need to work on their reading comprehension. This is about whether or not there's a bug specific to the 360 where depending on what your profile default difficulty is you may be playing a different AI variant.