PDA

View Full Version : If Guards must telegraph their attacks by their health bars flashing...

Calvarok
08-21-2011, 03:03 AM
then at least make them attack immediately after it flashes.

If guards attacked with less warning, keeping up a kill streak in Revelations would be just THAT much more skillful.

LightRey
08-21-2011, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:

If guards attacked with less warning, keeping up a kill streak in Revelations would be just THAT much more skillful.
True, but I wouldn't mind something eagle sense related to give an indication of the general direction of where guards are coming from.

ShaneO7K
08-21-2011, 03:45 AM
I just hope guards don't retreat as much. In AC2 and ACB all that was really needed to get a large sum of the guards away from you was to kill the leader of the patrol. In AC1 they did retreat just nothing to the scale of how often it happened in AC2/ACB.

ProdiGurl
08-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
I just hope guards don't retreat as much. In AC2 and ACB all that was really needed to get a large sum of the guards away from you was to kill the leader of the patrol. In AC1 they did retreat just nothing to the scale of how often it happened in AC2/ACB.

Ya and that's if the Captain didn't flee the second he saw you . . I had that problem more than once where I'd get up to him, I'd strike him once with a weapon and he'd take off thru a door.
Then I'd have to hang around for the whole day or night till he came back on duty. I hated when that happened.

I just think alot of this easy/difficult leveling could be quickly solved if Ubisoft allowed us to choose our skill levels.
Easy/Normal/Professional (or whatever).

In Professional mode, don't have guards bars flashing & whatever other difficulty.

RzaRecta357
08-21-2011, 09:28 AM
They only added that feature to help you keep your chain going.

Imagine trying to do that WITHOUT the flashing? It's annoying but it has to be.

Guards would grab you or slice you randomly and you'd never keep a chain.

ProdiGurl
08-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Good point Rza. You're right, that would probly cut down on those high Kill Streak scores.

Dagio12
08-21-2011, 10:21 AM
I just turn off the indicators in the options menu. That way, I don't get any indications.. just like I dont get indication when the little arrows about there heads fills up letting me know there suspicion level. Increases the challenge a "tiny" bit, and makes you pay a little more attention.

InfectedNation
08-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by SF2themax:
I just turn off the indicators in the options menu. That way, I don't get any indications.. just like I dont get indication when the little arrows about there heads fills up letting me know there suspicion level. Increases the challenge a "tiny" bit, and makes you pay a little more attention.

Exactly, I hate the SSI, it just reminds you that you're playing a video game, makes things too easy and the animations are so cheesy.
It's a lot more satisfying using stealth against Guards when you only hear a beep to notify you that they're suspicious, and then you have to disappear before you are detected.

When I get Revelations, the irst thing I will do in-game is turn off SSI. It's funny seeing people saying how difficult kill streaks would be without it, you just need to watch the body language, and counter fast if you're under attack...

Rant over.

fanofthecreed
08-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by SF2themax:
I never thought of that! It's actually a good idea to make it harder. Time to go replay Brotherhood again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Calvarok
08-21-2011, 06:47 PM
It doesn't make it any harder for me. I don't even need the flashing things, I just notice them going off ages before the guard starts his animation.

It just requires a little bit more timing. But what I really wanted to say is that guards should attack sooner after they've decided that they want to.

I like having the SSI on. I like knowing that I'm in the Animus. I don't want them to let it stagnate, but improve it.

naran6142
08-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:

Exactly, I hate the SSI, it just reminds you that you're playing a video game, makes things too easy and the animations are so cheesy.
It's a lot more satisfying using stealth against Guards when you only hear a beep to notify you that they're suspicious, and then you have to disappear before you are detected.

When I get Revelations, the irst thing I will do in-game is turn off SSI. It's funny seeing people saying how difficult kill streaks would be without it, you just need to watch the body language, and counter fast if you're under attack...

Rant over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was the calmest rant I've ever seen

Cercatrova
08-22-2011, 03:58 AM
what Telegraphing may look like:
http://s4.postimage.org/txokb20cy/Cesaretelegram.jpg

Turkiye96
08-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

True, but I wouldn't mind something eagle sense related to give an indication of the general direction of where guards are coming from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well personally you dont just have eagle sence every time, you need to actually focus ( game wise: turn it on). so in eagle sence we should be able to see the hits comming but in normal fights it should be like ac 1 wherewe dont know when they will hit you. it will keep you on your toes and make combo kills much harder.

Turkiye96
08-22-2011, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:

well for that to work they need to have tell motions ( small movements ) to show is they will attack that can be unoticed.

Ioder
08-22-2011, 06:57 AM
If you look at the gamescom game play trailer there are no squares, or at least I don't see them.

LightRey
08-22-2011, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Ioder:
If you look at the gamescom game play trailer there are no squares, or at least I don't see them.
They disabled the HUD for the demo.

ShaneO7K
08-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ioder:
They disabled the HUD for the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definetly something i'll be tempted to do in my first playthrough as it looks way better without a HUD and reminds me of AC1 more.

LightRey
08-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ioder:
They disabled the HUD for the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definetly something i'll be tempted to do in my first playthrough as it looks way better without a HUD and reminds me of AC1 more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've done it a few times, but to me it gets boring after a while.

InfectedNation
08-22-2011, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfectedNation:

well for that to work they need to have tell motions ( small movements ) to show is they will attack that can be unoticed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or you could improve your timing and intercept attacks during a streak, and if 2 attack at once then you gotta accept your streak is over - makes the fight more balanced.
Well actually saying that, the other day I managed to kill 2 guards at the same time - sword equiped, I killed one guard as part of my streak, and during the animation I held X and shot another guard at the same moment, not sure if that was intentional of Ubi or a glitch...

GunnarGunderson
08-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
They only added that feature to help you keep your chain going.

Imagine trying to do that WITHOUT the flashing? It's annoying but it has to be.

Guards would grab you or slice you randomly and you'd never keep a chain. I used to do it all the time, and then someone told me that their health flashs when they attacked and now hen ever I see it I get distracted and screw up

Noble6
08-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Wait! So health flashes when enemy strikes in a battle? I haven't even noticed that and doing counter attacks has still been easy as hell http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif.