PDA

View Full Version : Porpoising with force feedback stick post-patch

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 04:46 AM
Gidday,

I've noticed a tendency to porpoise when pulling +Gs post patch. In other words when pulling on the stick, the nose doesn't move progressively but moves in "steps". It certainly makes deflection shots during turns well nigh impossible. To eliminate the tendency I have to turn far too gently. It doesn't happen all the time and may well be related to a Force Feedback or trim issue.

Even though I didn't play FB that mutch pre-patch, I don't recall experiencing it in either pre-patch FB or IL2. I'm using a MS FFB2 stick.

Does anyone have this problem or a solution?

Yours

GGollob

"When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro" (HST)

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 04:46 AM
Gidday,

I've noticed a tendency to porpoise when pulling +Gs post patch. In other words when pulling on the stick, the nose doesn't move progressively but moves in "steps". It certainly makes deflection shots during turns well nigh impossible. To eliminate the tendency I have to turn far too gently. It doesn't happen all the time and may well be related to a Force Feedback or trim issue.

Even though I didn't play FB that mutch pre-patch, I don't recall experiencing it in either pre-patch FB or IL2. I'm using a MS FFB2 stick.

Does anyone have this problem or a solution?

Yours

GGollob

"When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro" (HST)

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 05:37 AM
I have that problem, I've been playing it with a Wingman strike force 3D and noticed it right away. I put my dead pan settings all the way left and have been experimenting with each slider in the controller settings, I turned off my force feed back and found it smooth. If I come up with a config file for it I'll post it.