PDA

View Full Version : Using the map feature...a few pointers please?

d451dart
12-15-2004, 07:06 AM
I'm confused on how to use the map in PF. When you hit the M key, it gives you a small map but doesn't show you much due to it's small size. You also cannot find your enemies or allies on the map. Is this correct or am I not doing something? I also notice that you have to try to scroll the map around to view the bigger picture, all why you're trying to keep your aircraft from hitting the ground. Are there any tips out there which might help me use the map better? I'd appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

strelnik_Sipi
12-15-2004, 07:09 AM
hows about u try to click on the map to zoom it out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Inadaze
12-15-2004, 07:11 AM
Click on the map with your right mouse button and it zooms in, more clicks = more zoom, (eventually it gets to max zoom and then starts zooming out again.) The left button lets you scroll around by dragging.

You need to have Map Icons enabled in the difficulty settings to see your own and enemy flights on the map

Inadaze

d451dart
12-15-2004, 07:11 AM
Sorry for my ignorance...how do I do that?

d451dart
12-15-2004, 07:12 AM
Thank you...I never even thought of that! Appreciate the help...can you also see other aircraft on the map like you can see yourself?

Inadaze
12-15-2004, 07:18 AM
It's in the difficulty settings,you have to enable map icons in there, you can't change the settings once you have started a campaign though.

Inadaze

Texas LongHorn
12-15-2004, 07:55 AM
Hey dart, besides what my fellow sim lunatics mentioned, you can also move the location of the map. The default position is the upper right corner. By holding down BOTH mouse buttons at the same time you can drag the map around anywhere on the screen. Pretty cool, huh? All the best, LongHorn

d451dart
12-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Again, I appreciate everyone's help! I've been suffering with the limited map knowledge for quite some time...even in IL2FB! And, I should know better! This has opened up the horizon for me. Perhaps I won't be so lost now!? Ok, maybe I'll still be lost but I'll be able to see WHERE I'm lost! LOL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif