PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Feedback (master assassins chime in!)

kushmir
11-19-2010, 05:30 AM
always been a BIG fan of tactical, strategy games that require smarts like splinter cell online (before they removed my beloved spies .vs. mercenaries) and i want to pick up AC this weekend but I need a few questions answered and i know the community will tell the truth..so thanks in advance.

1) Balance - How is it? its critical in online..if there's a perk, move or weapon that's too powerful or a wall that you can walk through or some other glitches that can be abused it ruins online play.

2) player numbers - we have to have players to compete against, right? can we get into matches regularly? i seldom touch single player as online gives me the human .vs. human challenge that I need. are the queues full alot? or are we waiting 30 minutes for a game? this is critical...

3)Timely Support - no games are perfect so when issues do arise the developer has to address them in a TIMELY manner. if not? ruins the game. has UBI already been interacting with you guys?

4) Anti-Cheating - lame stuff like lag-switches hurt the game. are they addressing this stuff?

5) Content - this stuff is never a guarantee but new weapons, maps, skills, perks and other "newness" keep the game fresh. any mention so far?

I've heard alot of good things but I want to hear what the people who are actually playing are saying as well. you guys are the REAL reviewers. i want to get in and play but we all have our standards and deal-breakers.

thanks in advance for helping me out guys. preciate it.

Rainie
11-19-2010, 07:41 AM
1) I think the game is pretty balanced in terms of gameplay, but for me the only thing i find that ruins the game is that some people have a tendency to run around like maniacs instead of being stealthy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

2) there are always 6-8 players in a match and they're always real players, there's no bots to take their place. Some people have been having to wait long times to get into matches but I find the wait is no longer than 5 mins if you quit and rejoin another match

3) I haven't had any issues so far so I don't know how fast they respond

4) what's lag switching? I don't normally play online until ACB so I don't know this term

5) right now everytime you level up you get something new like an ability or perk so the rewards are pretty fun, don't know what the future plans are tho

G0DFATHER06
11-19-2010, 09:07 AM
1. I think the balance is alright..I think the gun is over used and so is templar vision but what are you gonna do bout that.I have yet to come across a glitch.
2.I find myself always waiting around 15 mins to find a game but once I find that one game I can just rematch..I wish that manhunt was six on six rather than four on four though.
3.Not really.
4.I have not come across any problems with cheating yet.
5.I would like some new maps and maybe perks..As far as gametypes I guess it wouldn't hurt.

DatSoySauce
11-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by kushmir:
always been a BIG fan of tactical, strategy games that require smarts like splinter cell online (before they removed my beloved spies .vs. mercenaries) and i want to pick up AC this weekend but I need a few questions answered and i know the community will tell the truth..so thanks in advance.

1) Balance - How is it? its critical in online..if there's a perk, move or weapon that's too powerful or a wall that you can walk through or some other glitches that can be abused it ruins online play.

2) player numbers - we have to have players to compete against, right? can we get into matches regularly? i seldom touch single player as online gives me the human .vs. human challenge that I need. are the queues full alot? or are we waiting 30 minutes for a game? this is critical...

3)Timely Support - no games are perfect so when issues do arise the developer has to address them in a TIMELY manner. if not? ruins the game. has UBI already been interacting with you guys?

4) Anti-Cheating - lame stuff like lag-switches hurt the game. are they addressing this stuff?

5) Content - this stuff is never a guarantee but new weapons, maps, skills, perks and other "newness" keep the game fresh. any mention so far?

I've heard alot of good things but I want to hear what the people who are actually playing are saying as well. you guys are the REAL reviewers. i want to get in and play but we all have our standards and deal-breakers.

thanks in advance for helping me out guys. preciate it.

1) Balance is pretty good, with the exception of sometimes getting in a match with a high level player who has abilities you otherwise do not have yet. But I think in the end, no matter what abilities, everyone is on the same even playing field since it comes down to being able to get near the target and simply kill it.

2) Player Numbers, as most stated is 6-8 depending on which game mode you are playing. Wait time isn't very long but there is a wait like all online games since some people are impatient and quit after 30 seconds.

3) UBI has great support, and prides themselves on listening to the actual players and doing what is best for us and their games. They are one of the best companies out there IMO that listens to the player base the best.

4) So far, Anti-Cheating I've heard nothing of, though I am sure there is some internal mechanisms in place to fight against that if it comes down to it.

5) New Content has been mentioned somewhat, that will be DLC. They said I believe, that they want to focus on growing the Multiplayer so alot of DLC will be that, in forms of new maps, modes and persona's

kushmir
11-19-2010, 11:09 AM
much thanks guys! i really appreciate it..

How does Templar Vision work?

"people have a tendency to run around like maniacs instead of being stealthy." oh you know it. with the popularity of games like Call of Dummy and other don't-think-just-shooters that mentality isn't going anywhere. I saw some videos and laughed when I saw people on the roofs (who weren't escaping) when NPCs never go up there...

and a lag-switch? if you've never heard of one dont't even worry about it...its probably the lamest thing ever devised. As long the the servers demand a certain ping/bandwidth they shouldn't be an issue. but these games are hosted so it COULD be.

DeafAtheist
11-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by kushmir:
much thanks guys! i really appreciate it..

How does Templar Vision work?

"people have a tendency to run around like maniacs instead of being stealthy." oh you know it. with the popularity of games like Call of Dummy and other don't-think-just-shooters that mentality isn't going anywhere. I saw some videos and laughed when I saw people on the roofs (who weren't escaping) when NPCs never go up there...

and a lag-switch? if you've never heard of one dont't even worry about it...its probably the lamest thing ever devised. As long the the servers demand a certain ping/bandwidth they shouldn't be an issue. but these games are hosted so it COULD be.

I didn't see a section for posting our SIGS..where is it?

Templar Vision works like Eagle Vision in the single player. It makes your target blue and pursuers red.

I like to refer to COD as Call of Doody. :-P

As for rooftops, there is an effective strategy for going up there. While NPCs don't go up there being up there basically forces your own pursuers to go into high profile to track you down since free running is a high profile activity. You can also easily see who is following you. If someone is coming towards you on the rooftops they are either there to kill you or they are chasing the same target you are. Chances are they're there to kill you tho. It also gives you a vantage point for dropping down and killing a target on the ground. They don't see you coming. The drawback tho is that it exposes you to your pursuers and it makes you a sitting duck for a hidden gun assassination.

To post a sig click on your name by a post you made and click on view your profile. Then go to Edit Profile and scroll down... you'll see it. Big white box. Can't miss it.