PDA

View Full Version : What can you do when your target stays on roofs?

Wile E Coyoteee
11-19-2010, 10:53 AM
I simply don't know what to do. I use disguise and smoke bomb (but will be switching to firecrackers now that everyone's starting to use morph, but anyway), and, I just don't know what to do when my target is constantly jumping from rooftop to rooftop. You can't get close to anyone on a roof stealthily as far as I know, and going up there itself screams, "HEY DUDE I'M HERE TO KILL YOU LOLOLOL! I'M YOUR PURSUER, OVER HERE!!", which basically means you have to sprint after them and hope to corner them 2 minutes later for a 100-150 kill.

Is there anything else you can do? Any tactics, anything? I just can't figure it out. I severely need help with it =(

CoreySeidel
11-19-2010, 10:56 AM
shoot em

D173120T
11-19-2010, 10:56 AM
I tell you what i do.I find the nearest NPC and kill them.It terminates the current contract and gives you another.I feel for you as Roof runners are a rwal pain,but look at it this way.They might get a shed load of kills but they will all be low value.A good stealthy kill is far better to do than a serties of low ones.

Wile E Coyoteee
11-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah, but they get 100 points (a kill) for you doing that too. 0.o

UnsentSoul
11-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Basically what both of them said. Most of the time my rooftop contracts are standing still looking down at the streets and if your standing in the crowd you can very easily pull off a gun shot but if they are being ****** and just jumping from roof to roof(which is very annoying) then target the closest npc and take em out.

DeafAtheist
11-19-2010, 11:34 AM
I never thought to take out an NPC to avoid rooftop targets. Hopefully whoever targets them after you lose the contract is a rooftop runner themselves and can keep them busy for awhile chasing them around the map so they have less time to get kills. I might have to use the gun more often too.

xXSoullustXx
11-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Roofers? have a gun and shoot them, or go up and pretend you arent going for them just look around so they think you aint thei killer, works for me all the time, ranking up 10k every now and then

DeafAtheist
11-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by xXSoullustXx:
Roofers? have a gun and shoot them, or go up and pretend you arent going for them just look around so they think you aint thei killer, works for me all the time, ranking up 10k every now and then

Doesn't just hanging out on the roof leave you exposed to your own pursuers tho?

xXSoullustXx
11-19-2010, 12:11 PM
yeah it does but i like it that way, i always end up knocking out my persuers, and rank up 5k atleast in points for roofing, the key is to not go for your contract, let him or her think that its attacker is idle ha makes it much better when you jump down and get airiel bonus + inqonito+ acrobat+ kill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DeafAtheist
11-19-2010, 12:12 PM
I was just thinking that I wish that when you use a disguise it disguises you as your target's target. That would be funny cuz then your target would come up to you thinking you were their target and fall right into a kill trap. That would be a very effective tool against roofers

xXSoullustXx
11-19-2010, 12:13 PM
hey im a roofer >http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif haha you got xbox?

DeafAtheist
11-19-2010, 12:38 PM
hey im a roofer >http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif haha you got xbox?

Yep but unfortunately won't be able to play again until Monday afternoon cuz I'm at my mom's. I don't bring my Xbox here because she won't let me hook it up to her TVs here.

Sounds like a sound strategy. I might try it out myself just to see how it works for me but I really mostly like being on the ground, blending, killing targets who run right to me. I find the game much more satisfying on the ground. Roofing is ACB's equivalent to camping.

xXSoullustXx
11-19-2010, 12:41 PM
ouch that sucks what lvl are you? and yeah roofing is good in at somepoints

Rainie
11-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by CoreySeidel:
shoot em

Yup yup, completely agree with this

CoreySeidel
11-19-2010, 02:03 PM
It's a hundred points but who cares ya know its the kill that counts really lol

Phlopsy.
11-19-2010, 03:49 PM
I just go up there and kill them. I end up getting them most of the time. They're just standing up there like giant neon targets and they're a lot easier than getting a stealth kill, especially since they're usually focusing on the ground. I do get annoyed when people keep roofing because it's more fun to get stealth kills, but I find picking them off pretty easy if they want to go up there.

DeafAtheist
11-19-2010, 04:15 PM
ouch that sucks what lvl are you? and yeah roofing is good in at somepoints

I just hit level 27 yesterday before I left to come here.

Justin125
11-19-2010, 07:44 PM
I usually stay on the roof and act like I'm not going for them... but what you can do is get somewhat close to them and use a throwing knife...that way they can't climb or jump off the roof and they also can't run away unless they have sprint or charge.

pntbalr13
11-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Subterfuge works well (aka pretend that it's not them you're after), but I try to intercept them as they are running by taking a different route and trying to decipher where they are going. Like meeting them at a Y intersection in stealth mode on the roof, or the street. It doesn't always work, but the aforementioned strategies work as well.

Gun, or kill NPC. Just don't waste your time in chase mode

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Other people have given good advice, mine is what it usually has been.

Don't follow your target, join a crowd and let them come to you.

If you watch where they go and when, you'll be able to put yourself in their path easily enough. And they ALWAYS come down eventually.